More DiC characters in the book

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

More DiC characters in the book

Postby Vampfox » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:26 am

Giving that we are now seeing more AOSTH characters in the book I was wondering if we could see more Satam characters in the book in the future. Personally I think that the Satam characters have more storytelling potential then the AOSTH characters.

I'd love to see characters such as Lazaar, Lazaar's guardian, Ari, and Griff in the book. Personally I think it's only fair that if AOSTH characters can get in then so shouldn't characters from the(in my opinion)best Sonic cartoon.

Does anyone else agree with me?
User avatar
Vampfox
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 5452
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:40 pm

Re: More Satam characters in the book

Postby Zanoss » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:52 am

Well Satam character, or Aosth charatcer or Sonic official character, all of them are important and can be develop in the same way.
Giving them personnality like they do for Honey, a second chance like Breezie or new and excluive character like Relic.
All of them are nicely develop and need attention, so even if Satam character are here for a long time now I don't think that mean we must develop them more than the other.
Give a chance to everyone =D
User avatar
Zanoss
BumbleNewbie
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:33 am

Re: More Satam characters in the book

Postby Kellox » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:54 am

I do agree with you but that's because I always felt the writing was far superior in SatAM compared to Aosth.
User avatar
Kellox
BumbleCitizen
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:59 am
Location: Netherlands

Re: More Satam characters in the book

Postby SamCyberCat » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:58 am

I'm more the sort of person who's quite happy just to wait and see who turns up. More AoStH characters? Cool! More SatAM characters? Cool! More SEGA Characters? Cool! More brand new characters? Cool (+ I can't wait to see their awesome designs)!

But in regards to SatAM specifically, I think the only characters who haven't shown up so far who I'd be interested in seeing are Lupe and Dulcy, both of whom have been confirmed as being around in the reboot universe, so hopefully it's just a matter of time.

The other remaining SatAM characters I'd be less interested in seeing, unless they were revamped a lot to fit into the more SEGA-styled universe. Griff in particular I remember as being kind of a bland, one-note character who was just there for a love triangle tease. I guess Ari could be made into something, since he was at least a recurring character who was prominent to the plot at some points, but again I'm not really that fussed if he returns or not. If the Archie team can make him workable then that's great, but if he doesn't turn up at all then I'm not going to lose any sleep over it either.

So basically, Lupe and Dulcy would be awesome, but I'm not so bothered about anyone else.
User avatar
SamCyberCat
BumbleCitizen
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:55 am
Location: England

Re: More Satam characters in the book

Postby Zanoss » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:09 am

I don't really like Lupe and Dulcy at all, they aren't really interesting for me at least.
But I wouldn't mind to see more character from Satam yeah.
User avatar
Zanoss
BumbleNewbie
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:33 am

Re: More Satam characters in the book

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:24 am

Oh, Boy Griff would add so much like...um...I guess he coulld steal a Chaos Emerald to power his city's lights? If you really want to rehash the plot of an overall bland episode.

Ari...what did Ari do of note again exactly? Get his team Roboticized and drop cryptic hints?

I'm sorry I'm trying to be open to the idea of throwing more SatAM characters in but they're all so bland. Say what you will about AoSTH but at least it's characters of the day left some impression.

I'm not kidding I seriously can't think of any SatAM characters that would benifit the book even with heavy alterations. Well maybe Lazaar. THen again I like the magic users.
User avatar
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen
 
Posts: 12370
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:12 pm
Location: Angel Grove, CA

Re: More Satam characters in the book

Postby Kellox » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:31 am

SonicBlueRanger wrote:Oh, Boy Griff would add so much like...um...I guess he coulld steal a Chaos Emerald to power his city's lights? If you really want to rehash the plot of an overall bland episode.

Ari...what did Ari do of note again exactly? Get his team Roboticized and drop cryptic hints?

I'm sorry I'm trying to be open to the idea of throwing more SatAM characters in but they're all so bland. Say what you will about AoSTH but at least it's characters of the day left some impression.

I'm not kidding I seriously can't think of any SatAM characters that would benifit the book even with heavy alterations. Well maybe Lazaar. THen again I like the magic users.


eh I think that is a mater of opinion. When I try to think of any Aosth characters I just get a headache and imagine a character screaming his lungs out being dumb or being a some sosrt of stereotype.

Then again I loved what Archie did with Breezie, a character I thought was one of the worst badly love interest and I wasn't really looking forward to see her come back but to my surprise she is a decent new character. Then again that's because she's very different from her aosth version,

If anything I am still waiting to see how the new LUPE will turn out and new Dulcy. If they redesigned bring something new to the team and are fresh I wouldn't mind seeing archie tackle on more Satam characters,
User avatar
Kellox
BumbleCitizen
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:59 am
Location: Netherlands

Re: More Satam characters in the book

Postby squeakyboots13 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:37 am

To be fair, we do have five SatAM characters as part of the main cast.
User avatar
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 5504
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:53 pm
Location: Disney World

Re: More Satam characters in the book

Postby TurboTailz » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:16 am

Zanoss wrote:I don't really like Lupe and Dulcy at all, they aren't really interesting for me at least.
But I wouldn't mind to see more character from Satam yeah.


Oh it would be cool to see those two girls again. Lupe was okay in my book even in the comics, but I hope in the new stories she's more adventuress while still keeping her status as leader of the wolfpack. The next question is will she be youthful or mature?

As for Dulcy minus her comic version she was pretty cool for the fact the V.A for her also did Susie from Rugrats and Elmyra from Tiny Toons. So her persona was always funny and cool. I hope Ian keeps her SaTam version than what KP did.
User avatar
TurboTailz
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1437
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:33 am

Re: More Satam characters in the book

Postby Penguin God » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:26 am

Practically every SataM character of any interest at all was incorporated into the comic long, long before the reboot. AoStH only has the ability to have debuts now because before it was completely ignored. Also while SataM might be considered to have stronger writing, AoStH characters easily win in terms of strength of concept.
User avatar
Penguin God
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 8406
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:28 pm

Re: More Satam characters in the book

Postby Kellox » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:50 am

TurboTailz wrote:
Zanoss wrote:I don't really like Lupe and Dulcy at all, they aren't really interesting for me at least.
But I wouldn't mind to see more character from Satam yeah.


Oh it would be cool to see those two girls again. Lupe was okay in my book even in the comics, but I hope in the new stories she's more adventuress while still keeping her status as leader of the wolfpack. The next question is will she be youthful or mature?

As for Dulcy minus her comic version she was pretty cool for the fact the V.A for her also did Susie from Rugrats and Elmyra from Tiny Toons. So her persona was always funny and cool. I hope Ian keeps her SaTam version than what KP did.


Pretty much agreed I think it would be such a shame if Dulcy would get passed for more attention to aosth who imo just badly written characters that weren't made with lots of effort.
Then again that also had to do with the fact that I just find aosth a very lackluster show. Normally i'm a cartoon geek that loves nearly everything about the 90's but this show just makes me feel empty I don't laugh grin or snicker.

I remember back in the 90's when I started collecting Sonic toys and Sonic cd's, my brother and I saw that aosth was playing in a marathon on television but after 2 episodes my brother and I looked at each other he grabbed the remote and we watched an episode of Batman the animated series instead.

Even trough I don't always agree with him I think Dough Walker (Nostalgia CRITIC ) points and views on both aosth and Satam pretty much match mines.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i03ftHMdy58
User avatar
Kellox
BumbleCitizen
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:59 am
Location: Netherlands

Re: More Satam characters in the book

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:04 pm

Kellox wrote:
Even trough I don't always agree with him I think Dough Walker (Nostalgia CRITIC ) points and views on both aosth and Satam pretty much match mines.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i03ftHMdy58


Fun Fact about that particular episode in the commenary Doug and Rob both say they actually enjoy AoSTH. It's important to remember The Nostalgia Critic is a character and Doug Walker has said he even disagrees with him on some stuff.
User avatar
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen
 
Posts: 12370
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:12 pm
Location: Angel Grove, CA

Re: More Satam characters in the book

Postby Kellox » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:12 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:
Kellox wrote:
Even trough I don't always agree with him I think Dough Walker (Nostalgia CRITIC ) points and views on both aosth and Satam pretty much match mines.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i03ftHMdy58


Fun Fact about that particular episode in the commenary Doug and Rob both say they actually enjoy AoSTH. It's important to remember The Nostalgia Critic is a character and Doug Walker has said he even disagrees with him on some stuff.


I was aware of that yes :P but various points he makes in the video does resemble what I think of the show. ( Being to loud, looking lazy, dumb characters being dumb,) That was my point.
User avatar
Kellox
BumbleCitizen
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:59 am
Location: Netherlands

Re: More Satam characters in the book

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:22 pm

Kellox wrote:
SonicBlueRanger wrote:
Kellox wrote:
Even trough I don't always agree with him I think Dough Walker (Nostalgia CRITIC ) points and views on both aosth and Satam pretty much match mines.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i03ftHMdy58


Fun Fact about that particular episode in the commenary Doug and Rob both say they actually enjoy AoSTH. It's important to remember The Nostalgia Critic is a character and Doug Walker has said he even disagrees with him on some stuff.


I was aware of that yes :P but various points he makes in the video does resemble what I think of the show. ( Being to loud, looking lazy, dumb characters being dumb,) That was my point.


Fair enough. Personally I don't see it that way but whateves. :P
User avatar
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen
 
Posts: 12370
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:12 pm
Location: Angel Grove, CA

Re: More Satam characters in the book

Postby Meliden » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:48 pm

Well, it was said a couple of days before this thread that more obscure SatAM lore was unlikely, so I wouldn't build hopes up.
User avatar
Meliden
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 6019
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: ベクエス

Next

Return to This Side of Mobius



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

cron