Thanks, Ken Penders A new Archie Sonic blog

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Thanks, Ken Penders A new Archie Sonic blog

Postby TheFatPanda » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:55 pm

You do have to admit, the idea of certain things being acceptable in a completely different culture is entirely plausible.

Whether we wanna think about it or not :/
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby GameBuddy » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:02 pm

I think that could be a valid explanation, but Penders has established that he just pulls things out of his butt when he feels like and doesn't care about anyone's continuity but his own.
GameBuddy
BumbleCult

Postby TurboTailz » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:10 pm

GameBuddy wrote:I think that could be a valid explanation, but Penders has established that he just pulls things out of his butt when he feels like and doesn't care about anyone's continuity but his own.

hahaha chill :)
TurboTailz
BumbleNoble

Postby GameBuddy » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:16 pm

You know it
GameBuddy
BumbleCult

Postby Mordum » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:11 am

009* wrote:
NiTROACTiVE wrote:
Ryannumber1gamer wrote:Remember how one of the biggest complaints in this blog was the fact Sally was 15 and Geoffrey was over 20 at least but there was nothing to back it up in the comic?

Penders has confirmed on Twitter today that Geoffrey was 21 during Sonic #46. That's right. Penders knowingly paired up a 15 year old with a 21 year old in the comic.

Yikes... and I asked him a question regarding that in this forum topic I made at his forums. And this is the Twitter post he's talking about.

I just read that forum post about Geoffrey being the "college jock" to Sonic's "high school junior" and I'm baffled. Why would a college kid bother with a high school girl?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ephebophilia
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby 009* » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:49 am

Mordum wrote:
009* wrote:
NiTROACTiVE wrote:
Ryannumber1gamer wrote:Remember how one of the biggest complaints in this blog was the fact Sally was 15 and Geoffrey was over 20 at least but there was nothing to back it up in the comic?

Penders has confirmed on Twitter today that Geoffrey was 21 during Sonic #46. That's right. Penders knowingly paired up a 15 year old with a 21 year old in the comic.

Yikes... and I asked him a question regarding that in this forum topic I made at his forums. And this is the Twitter post he's talking about.

I just read that forum post about Geoffrey being the "college jock" to Sonic's "high school junior" and I'm baffled. Why would a college kid bother with a high school girl?

Wowzers, did Ian's retcon ever work wonders for the character.

Also I'm calling it like on page 11, Penders inadvertently killed Dr. Droid in the crossover, thus rendering the whole Lost Ones comic pointless.
009*
BumbleKnight

Postby jazzflower92 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:27 am

009* wrote:
Mordum wrote:
009* wrote:
NiTROACTiVE wrote:

Wowzers, did Ian's retcon ever work wonders for the character.

Also I'm calling it like on page 11, Penders inadvertently killed Dr. Droid in the crossover, thus rendering the whole Lost Ones comic pointless.

For everyone who says that Ian butchered Geoffery well lets just say that under Penders he was really worse.
jazzflower92
BumbleFan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:35 am

High school junior?

I'm just going by where I grew up, but Sonic is 15, so wouldn't he be more like a sophomore or a freshman?

While Geoffrey is a college junior? (assuming he would have gone straight after high school)

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Astrobot7000 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:57 am

Mavrickindigo wrote:
Meliden wrote:If they had known what they were doing, Walt Wallaby wouldn't be a mess.

very true indeed. I forgot about him.

What's wrong with good old Walt? I alwaye liked his design. Is it just because he has a pouch? That is pretty weird, as mose male marsupials do not have them, but it's no weirder than any other mobian design feature.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby Tcat » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:27 am

Let's not forget that one peacock girl who had a full-on peacock tail.... that only males have. That genebomb I guess?

Going back to Lost Ones... reading through the crossover issue with Image and Sonic I honest to goodness thought Particle was a dude for the longest time. Even despite the chest it never really clicked for me until maybe three or four years ago (granted its one of those things in Sonic history I tried to ignore and bury into the deepest pits of memory). Obviously I wasn't paying much attention to either the script or the art at the time. Aside from knowing Spawn and Savage Dragon were things that existed I still don't, to this day, know anything about any of the characters that featured. Were they really that popular to warrant a crossover with our blue hero?
Tcat
BumbleClan

Postby ShadowBat20 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:42 am

Tcat wrote:Let's not forget that one peacock girl who had a full-on peacock tail.... that only males have. That genebomb I guess?

Going back to Lost Ones... reading through the crossover issue with Image and Sonic I honest to goodness thought Particle was a dude for the longest time. Even despite the chest it never really clicked for me until maybe three or four years ago (granted its one of those things in Sonic history I tried to ignore and bury into the deepest pits of memory). Obviously I wasn't paying much attention to either the script or the art at the time. Aside from knowing Spawn and Savage Dragon were things that existed I still don't, to this day, know anything about any of the characters that featured. Were they really that popular to warrant a crossover with our blue hero?

Honestly? No, I don't think so. Out of all the Image heroes in the crossover, only Spawn and Savage Dragon were pretty major IIRC, and even then, they aren't really the first guys that pop into your head when you think, "I wonder who should crossover with Sonic?", Spawn of all people especially.
ShadowBat20
BumbleClan

Postby 009* » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:50 am

ShadowBat20 wrote:
Tcat wrote:Let's not forget that one peacock girl who had a full-on peacock tail.... that only males have. That genebomb I guess?

Honestly? No, I don't think so. Out of all the Image heroes in the crossover, only Spawn and Savage Dragon were pretty major IIRC, and even then, they aren't really the first guys that pop into your head when you think, "I wonder who should crossover with Sonic?", Spawn of all people especially.

Yeah, I'm guessing Spawn was only there for name value. Either McFarlane wouldn't allow it, or Penders actually did research on the Image cast and realized that Spawn would kill Droid in two seconds.
009*
BumbleKnight

Postby DabigRG » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:08 am

Mordum wrote:
009* wrote:
NiTROACTiVE wrote:

Not to mention that many high school girls have a thing for older college age boys, which unfortunately makes them "easy" for certain dudes.
DabigRG
BumbleNoble

Postby Penguin God » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:44 pm

Image was huge at the time, and Jim Valentino really wanted to draw Sonic for his kids. The crossover wasn't a good premise, but the idea behind it had good intentions (at least on Image's side.) There were a lot of strong stories at the time, so seeing the end result where everything focuses on Penders' Lost Ones pitch is even more disappointing. The Maxx is one of my favorite comics of that era, but he's the lamest thing ever in that crossover.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Pengi » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:43 pm

009* wrote:So I just read this from the blog:

Did they seriously print a Bill Clinton oral sex joke in a Sonic the Hedgehog comic?
Pengi
BumbleCitizen

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius