Come Now, Gather 'Round 'n Hear Ian on Power Button Podcast

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Come Now, Gather 'Round 'n Hear Ian on Power Button Podc

Postby akessel92 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:01 pm

*relistens*
Ok now I guess it's a possibility. Though I don't know how it will work cause it will put two characters out of action, and be tasked with the most dangerous mission of their lives *dramatic music* parenthood.

Plus, I am not certain if idea of characters having kids in comic that is for all ages is within verboten territory?
Last edited by akessel92 on Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
akessel92
BumbleNoble

Postby TheFatPanda » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:22 pm

Meliden wrote:
Spoiler: show
-Example used is the Olympic story in #242. Ian mentions that they didn't do anything for Sochi [which might actually confirm that there won't be a Winter Olympics story]. IoC and McDonalds were involved in creative process with that due to promotion.

I'm curious to know if that was because of the reason some of us are suspecting...or just a simple case of "it was never considered and that mention in that one Super Special was an error".
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby Meliden » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:37 pm

I can think of a whole smorgasbord of reasons why the Winter Olympics one never came to fruition;

1. Archie indeed drew the line at actively promoting Sochi, even if the comic wouldn't have mentioned the city specifically (The normal Olympic one said USA even though it was promotion for the London Olympics :/).
2. SEGA themselves decided against promoting it in the wake of the controversy.
3. Either the IoC or McDonalds just denied one being made for whatever reason. The first comic was for a Maccie D promo, so if they had something else that year there wouldn't need to be an adaptation on the side.
4. SEGA weren't so big on the promotion of the Sochi game (and to be fair, they really weren't because there was barely anything before its release), so they just decided that they didn't want to promote this one.
5. SEGA took one look at the games' sales and were like "Uh, let's try and focus on something else instead".
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:42 am

Or they might not have had any say in it.

In all past iterations, Nintendo published the game in Japan, while SEGA handled the rest of the world, but in Sochi's case, that was all Nintendo.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Meliden » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:47 am

Possibly, although I don't know if Nintendo publishing it would have any effect on SEGA promoting it given that it's still using their IP.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby Sunwalker » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:27 pm

So Ian and LBD are on another Power Button podcast, this time to talk about Mega Man:
http://www.pressthebuttons.com/2015/03/ ... xford.html

And here is the link to download the podcast:
http://www.pressthebuttons.com/audio/Po ... ode168.mp3
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored

Postby RadRed89 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:20 pm

Hmm. I was hoping that this would have been recorded at a point where Ian could speak more clearly about the other SEGA and Capcom properties joining in the crossover. Oh well. Ian talking about 'Mega Meat' and 'burning the whole world down' was a nice substitute. :(hearty laughter):
RadRed89
BumbleNoble

Postby Meliden » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:39 pm

On the Sonic side there wasn't much new, which is understandable given that this was about Mega Man. The Sonic's World position is reaffirmed to be the line from SoJ (although Ian still headcanons it as Mobius/Earth/Planet Freedom/Wallaroo), and Sonic X is reaffirmed to be dead so nothing more will be done with it. The most of a tidbit we got is that the Boom side will get characters in there that you wouldn't expect.

Also Ian cannot let a Pink Floyd reference lie.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:23 pm

Meliden wrote:The most of a tidbit we got is that the Boom side will get characters in there that you wouldn't expect.

Boomified versions of characters not currently on the show maybe?
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Yarcaz » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:12 pm

Definitely listening to that podcast and downloading it on itunes! :D
Wonder if one of the boom-afied characters could be "MacHopper" the kangaroo from Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog TV Show, don't know why out of all the sonic character that there are that I though of him but in my mind I can totally see it for some reason.
Yarcaz
BumbleFan

Previous

Return to This Side of Mobius