StH #271, SU #74, SSSM #14, StHGN #3 Solicits

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: StH #271, SU #74, SSSM #14, StHGN #3 Solicits

Postby squeakyboots13 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:36 am

FoxsDumbSeriesMaker wrote:It's really cool, but kinda strange how Sally is staring on a cover with no Sega characters with her. I know she had a series back in the day, but that didn't last long. I wonder how they managed this?

Maybe that's what the Tails variant cover is for.
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

Postby Jazzy76 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:46 am

It's still pretty cool that Sally's on the main cover and not the variant.
Jazzy76
BumbleKnight

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:16 pm

squeakyboots13 wrote:
FoxsDumbSeriesMaker wrote:It's really cool, but kinda strange how Sally is staring on a cover with no Sega characters with her. I know she had a series back in the day, but that didn't last long. I wonder how they managed this?

Maybe that's what the Tails variant cover is for.

That's the nice thing about the comic being as old as it is-they can actually put prominent characters on the cover who aren't necessarily Sega's babies.
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby Big Al Son » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:18 am

Will Sally sacrifice it all to save her friends and the world? What if the sacrifice is not herself but the digital realm? You never know what implications / complications it might cause to the world.
Big Al Son
BumbleKnight

Postby Ian Flynn » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:32 am

Sally is something of a special case. She was the only non-SegaSonic character to get a push outside of SatAM. She had official plushes, was part of a stage show in Australia, and had a few other small collectibles made. The reason why there was even a mini-series was that SEGA was testing the waters, seeing how viable she was as a property.

I dunno why she didn't take off, or get folded into the main canon. It might've had something to do with the East vs. West mentality of the time. But the point is: out of all the ancillary material, Sally is the most recognizable character. Nobody else out of SatAM has that kind of pull.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Meliden » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:22 pm

It was probably due to the fact that Adventure was basically a reboot-esque streamline of the classic canon, so they shed everything that wasn't part of this little core they whittled it down to. Bear in mind that the Sally push was more prominent between 95-96, a time when the classic games were basically just aimless at that point, especially when Sonic X-Treme failed. In terms of named characters, Chaotix aside, every classic character who was kept on appeared in some form in Adventure. Edit: In fact, to go one step further, they're the only ones who still have roots in the classic games continuity-wise, which only furthers the point.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby SonicWindAttack » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:54 pm

I'm guessing that's just Ian's roundabout way of saying, "Sally's on the cover, but she won't be in Worlds Unite".
SonicWindAttack
BumbleFan

Postby Meliden » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:02 pm

I thought that was more of a response to the Universe cover myself.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby Kureejii Lea » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:03 pm

SonicWindAttack wrote:I'm guessing that's just Ian's roundabout way of saying, "Sally's on the cover, but she won't be in Worlds Unite".

No one's talking about Worlds Unite, they're talking about Sonic Universe.
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween

Postby TurboTailz » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:49 pm

Ian Flynn wrote:Sally is something of a special case. She was the only non-SegaSonic character to get a push outside of SatAM. She had official plushes, was part of a stage show in Australia, and had a few other small collectibles made. The reason why there was even a mini-series was that SEGA was testing the waters, seeing how viable she was as a property.

I dunno why she didn't take off, or get folded into the main canon. It might've had something to do with the East vs. West mentality of the time. But the point is: out of all the ancillary material, Sally is the most recognizable character. Nobody else out of SatAM has that kind of pull.

It's the red hair or could be the fact she plays a leader role in the series also *points at Amy*.
TurboTailz
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:30 pm

SonicWindAttack wrote:I'm guessing that's just Ian's roundabout way of saying, "Sally's on the cover, but she won't be in Worlds Unite".

If she's in a worlds unite cover or something, it might point out that everyone might be, and she's on the cover because she's the only one people would recognize.

Its pretty interesting that they were able to greenlight a Nicole arc.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby akessel92 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:06 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:

If she's in a worlds unite cover or something, it might point out that everyone might be, and she's on the cover because she's the only one people would recognize.

Its pretty interesting that they were able to greenlight a Nicole arc.

Exactly plus when was the last time the FFs were in any crossover? Image crossover.
akessel92
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicSoul » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:14 pm

Still don't think having her be on the cover indicates she or any other non-Sega character will be in WU just yet.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby DabigRG » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:31 pm

SonicSoul wrote:Still don't think having her be on the cover indicates she or any other non-Sega character will be in WU just yet.

Where did this idea even come from?! Worlds Unite is still in the teaser phase with a single barely indicatory image. Just because she is apparently on a slightly higher level than Big, Nack, or Mecha Sonic doesn't mean she's a shoo-in for the 2nd crossover.
...And yes, I know was technically in the 1st one, so don't try to correct me.
DabigRG
BumbleNoble

Postby Penguin God » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:07 pm

She's on a cover for a World Unite prologue on FCBD.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius