StH #271, SU #74, SSSM #14, StHGN #3 Solicits

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: StH #271, SU #74, SSSM #14, StHGN #3 Solicits

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:54 pm

...Sonic vs. Knuckles? Really-that's how Champions ends? Honestly, while I can understand why those two made it to the final round, I can't say I'm all that excited. I love how the solicit questions "Will they even get to finish their fight?" because canonically speaking it does seem like those two are always interrupted-and with the Hooligans and Metal Sonic involved, I wouldn't be at all surprised. As for the SU arc, I'm more and more intrigued by Phage and NICOLE's origin story-and a little confused as to why Tails is on the variant cover alone. I get that he and Big are the only confirmed Sega guys in the arc...but it still seems a bit strange.

Are Sonic and Mega Man seriously going to be at it again? I know it's an "obligatory" part of crossovers, but we got a fight between the two of them last time-unless this time the fight is going to be between Boom Sonic and X.
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby Chameleon Guy » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:13 pm

Spectre the Hechidnat wrote:Are Sonic and Mega Man seriously going to be at it again? I know it's an "obligatory" part of crossovers, but we got a fight between the two of them last time-unless this time the fight is going to be between Boom Sonic and X.

That's what I think, it would be pretty cool. Or maybe Sonic & Mega Man VS Boom!Sonic & X, but that would be difficult since the latter 2 don't know each other.
Chameleon Guy
BumbleCitizen

Postby SonicWindAttack » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:05 pm

You know what would really spice up the Sonic vs. Knuckles fight? If they included flashbacks from their first fight in Hidden Palace Zone that sync up with the moves they're using in the present. I don't want to risk punishment by posting any links, but I've seen that sort of thing done very well.
SonicWindAttack
BumbleFan

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:20 pm

Chameleon Guy wrote:
Spectre the Hechidnat wrote:Are Sonic and Mega Man seriously going to be at it again? I know it's an "obligatory" part of crossovers, but we got a fight between the two of them last time-unless this time the fight is going to be between Boom Sonic and X.

That's what I think, it would be pretty cool. Or maybe Sonic & Mega Man VS Boom!Sonic & X, but that would be difficult since the latter 2 don't know each other.

Wait, what? Where was it confirmed they're fighting again?
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Betz! » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:25 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:
Chameleon Guy wrote:

SSSM 13. The cover says Sonic vs. Mega Man Round 2.
Betz!
BumbleKnight

Postby ChaosJam » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:36 pm

Betz! wrote:
SonicBlueRanger wrote:
Chameleon Guy wrote:

SSSM 13. The cover says Sonic vs. Mega Man Round 2.

Because the covers always depict exactly what is going to happen in the book.
But seriously, I feel it's just to hype up the new crossover. If there is a fight, I'm sure Ian won't spend 4 issues again on it.
ChaosJam
BumbleNoble

Postby SurrealBrain » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:13 am

I agree, covers should not indicate a story being told in the actual comic. In fact, the cover and the actual story might not even be the same tone as each other. Even if they are, they probably won't indicate what goes on in the story itself.

It's as the old saying goes, "Don't judge a book by its cover."
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan

Postby SonicSoul » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:44 am

I think someway, somehow, the MM cast is going to remember the events of WC just so they can be kept in sync with the Sonic cast remembering and avoid rehashing the Sonic VS Mega Man fight from Act 1 of WC.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:02 am

Until stated otherwise I'm just going to assume they're going to jump to the post-Mega Man 10 time period.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:34 am

SonicBlueRanger wrote:Until stated otherwise I'm just going to assume they're going to jump to the post-Mega Man 10 time period.

Fair enough, though at this point, there's really nothing to base any assumptions on, no more than "and when they do, Mega Man has a pony and Sonic rides a griffin."

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:00 am

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:
SonicBlueRanger wrote:Until stated otherwise I'm just going to assume they're going to jump to the post-Mega Man 10 time period.

Fair enough, though at this point, there's really nothing to base any assumptions on, no more than "and when they do, Mega Man has a pony and Sonic rides a griffin."

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Yeah but I just was thinking since they showed Worlds Collide was in Mega Man's Future they'd want to keep that continuity consistent.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Zulon Eredas » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:58 pm

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Is it weird that I want to see this?
Zulon Eredas
BumbleNoble

Postby FoxsDumbSeriesMaker » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:15 pm

It's really cool, but kinda strange how Sally is staring on a cover with no Sega characters with her. I know she had a series back in the day, but that didn't last long. I wonder how they managed this?
FoxsDumbSeriesMaker
BumbleCitizen

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:16 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:
LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Yeah but I just was thinking since they showed Worlds Collide was in Mega Man's Future they'd want to keep that continuity consistent.

True...

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby squeakyboots13 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:36 am

FoxsDumbSeriesMaker wrote:It's really cool, but kinda strange how Sally is staring on a cover with no Sega characters with her. I know she had a series back in the day, but that didn't last long. I wonder how they managed this?

Maybe that's what the Tails variant cover is for.
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius