Sonic #266/SU#69/SB#1/SSD#9 Covers/Solicits

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Sonic #266/SU#69/SB#1/SSD#9 Covers/Solicits

Postby TheFatPanda » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:58 pm

You want some Hedgehog, Universe and Digest with that Boom?

'Ambushed,' Part 1. Sonic's in need of some inner peace, but it's going to take more than yoga and meditation! He seeks the guidance of Mighty the Armadillo's mentor, Moss the Sloth. Can the sage sage help Sonic tame the savage Werehog within? Meanwhile, Sally leads the Freedom Fighters in recovering a Chaos Emerald - but could she be leading them right into a trap? Featuring all-new cover art from Lamar Wells, and part 3 of a 3-part connecting 'SUPER SMASH' collector cover set!

The first-ever Sonic Universe trilogy rolls on in 'Total Eclipse,' Part 3! As the Dark Trilogy inches closer to its shocking conclusion, it's a no holds barred battle between Knuckles and Shadow for the fate of Angel Island and the Master Emerald! As Sonic's top rivals clash, the rest of Team Dark and Relic are attacked by Eclipse and the terrifying power of the Dark Arms! Featuring all-new cover art from Tracy Yardley, Jim Amash and Ben Hunzeker, and part 1 of a 3-part connecting 'SUPER SMASH' collector cover set!

Here comes the BOOM! Based on the new hit TV and video game comes Sonic Boom, a new ongoing Sonic the Hedgehog comic book series from Archie Comics! Sonic the Hedgehog and his friends are back and ready to do battle with the evil Dr. Eggman and his diabolical death-machines! This ground-breaking new chapter in the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise puts a new 'spin' on all your favorite heroes and villains - plus new faces and hilarious new stories chock-full of action! Featuring a stunning first issue cover by Sonic art legend Patrick 'SPAZ' Spaziante, and 4-part 'Here Comes the Boom' collector covers from series artists Evan Stanley, Rick Bryant, and Matt Herms!

Get ready for a super special edition of the Sonic Super Digest! Featuring an all-new story continuing the hit Sonic Comic Origins mini-feature blasts into your hands as that boisterous southern belle, Bunnie Rabbot, takes center stage! Learn how everyone's favorite bunny bomber overcame her tragic disability to grow into the freedom fighting powerhouse she is today! Then, continue the fun with more classic adventures from the Sonic comic library as well as special features focusing on the brand new Sonic Comic Universe only Archie Comics and Sonic Super Digest can bring!

Protip: head over to the Mega Man #42 solicit for the second "Smash Variant".
Last edited by TheFatPanda on Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:42 pm, edited 9 times in total.
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Re: Sonic #266/SU#69 Covers/Solicits

Postby The KKM » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:02 pm

No covers yet?

Also, what'll be part 2 of the 3-part variants? Is this when Sonic Boom is out?
The KKM
BumbleClan

Re: Sonic #266/SU#69 Covers/Solicits

Postby Tylinos » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:07 pm

Tylinos
BumbleKnight

Re: Sonic #266/SU#69/SSD#9 Covers/Solicits

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:12 pm

Super Smash? Like Super Smash Bros? How does that work Archie doesn't have Nintendo?

Anyway stories sound neat although the Sonic story is making me the opening of The Incredible Hulk Ed Norton Movie.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Re: Sonic #266/SU#69/SB#1/SSD#9 Covers/Solicits

Postby TheFatPanda » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:13 pm

All cover are up now. Sorry for the delay, but considering how many there are can you really blame me? :P
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby Adamis » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:16 pm

Eggman's pose looks similar...
Adamis
BumbleNoble

Postby The KKM » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:18 pm

... hold it, hold it, hold it.

... What's going on on the Universe cover?

Are those the Dark Arms?

... are those Wisps cross-bred with Black Arms
The KKM
BumbleClan

Re: Sonic #266/SU#69/SSD#9 Covers/Solicits

Postby SimonSays » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:18 pm

What's with the Dark Arms looking Wisp things on the SU cover? Weird, man. EDIT: I just noticed the "Knuckles you had ONE job" line. -cackles-

And yay, more Mighty! Well, hopefully he's still around if Sonic's going to see his mentor.

"Could Sally be leading them into a trap?" Well gee, with a title like Ambushed, I wonder.
Last edited by SimonSays on Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SimonSays
BumbleNoble

Postby Adamis » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:19 pm

Why is the Digest called a "special edition" again ?
Adamis
BumbleNoble

Postby Xeric » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:20 pm

Antoine's sash has been colored wrong on #266. :x

I'm liking that Mighty's sticking around but.. Obviously we don't know who Mighty 'is' in the new universe, but something about him having a mentor is rubbing me the wrong way. I hope Ian hasn't taken his love of nature and detesting violence as described in Knuckles Chaotix and turned him into a tree-hugging hippy like Guru Emu.. *shudder*
Last edited by Xeric on Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Xeric
BumbleKnight

Postby TheFatPanda » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:21 pm

Adamis wrote:Why is the Digest called a "special edition" again ?

Because of these so-called "special features revolving around the new Sonic Comic Universe" I assume.
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby Tracy Yardley! » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:23 pm

No one's even mentioned Sonic Boom yet? Look at those AMAZING variant covers by Evan Stanley! Well, its one big image really. But you know what I mean.

I'm jealous.
Tracy Yardley!
PROFESSIONAL

Postby Meliden » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:27 pm

Tracy Yardley! wrote:No one's even mentioned Sonic Boom yet?

We have a whole 'nother topic for it. If we mentioned it here, I have a feeling nothing else would be discussed. :S
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby Mikail » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:39 pm

I like the idea of Sonic having to learn to control his werehog state. Yeah, it's a bit cliche but I find it more interesting than just, "Oh, I'm big and buff. OK." Though, I suppose you could consider it a bit iffy when you consider the context. Like, Sonic was able to straight up ignore a hex laid on the Master Emerald, but he breaths in a little gas and suddenly he's a rage monster?

Speaking of the Master Emerald, I'm guessing that's gonna be the crux of the conflict between Knuckles and Shadow. Shadow will probably want to use it to destroy Eclipse/the Dark Arms and Knuckles will probably have the whole "No one person should have that much power" monologue and they'll duke i out as a result.

Finally, hoorah Smash Vaiants!
Mikail
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicSoul » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:41 pm

Sonic's in need of some inner peace, but it's going to take more than yoga and meditation! He seeks the guidance of Mighty the Armadillo's mentor, Moss the Sloth. Can the sage sage help Sonic tame the savage Werehog within?

Well there goes my theory on Chip helping Sonic out with his Werehog form.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Next

Return to This Side of Mobius