Sony, SEGA and Marza make live-action/animated Sonic movie

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Sony, SEGA and Marza make live-action/animated Sonic mov

Postby Unknownshadow675 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:08 am

Is Sonic X in DVD form?

Figured I'd ask since this thread is quickly becoming the new Sonic X discussion thread.

Bringing it back on topic though. I think the Writer (Awhile back.) of this film said on facebook that he (The Writer is a guy right? I forgot who's writing the movie.) wanted to make this a trilogy. Can anyone remember if that's true?
Unknownshadow675
BumbleFan

Postby Azul » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:24 am

Introducing a plot point and then not addressing it for a long period of time is not complicated at all. If Mr. Blue isn't mentioned for the rest of the movie, that's not complicating anything. That's either foreshadowing events in a future movie or a red herring. Chris being as kid again is really simple. Time moves slower on Sonic's world. 1 month = 1 year. There is nothing elaborate about that at all. And your example is errouneous: Mr. Blue loses importance for the rest of the movie even though he was built up as having some sort of significance. Chris' age fiasco was brought up at the end of episode 53, discussed during episode 54 and Chris said "Oh well, gotto go save the universe with Sonic and pals." It was brought up maybe once, the episode where Sonic gets kidnapped by those fishy Metarex, when Chris laments he can't fight to his maximum potential because he's 12 again. From then on, it's never been an issue. He left Sonic's world because if he didn't do it at the moment he did, he may have never gotten a chance to do so again, according to Eggman at least. My point it is: That plot point was introduced as a twist, explained, and then resolved within the span of 2 episodes. Hardley 2, they spent like a couple of sentences talking about it at the start of episode 54.

You keep saying it's a complicated set-up but you're not proving why it is and that detracts from any credibility you have.

Unknownshadow675 wrote:Is Sonic X in DVD form?

Yes.

Bringing it back on topic though. I think the Writer (Awhile back.) of this film said on facebook that he (The Writer is a guy right? I forgot who's writing the movie.) wanted to make this a trilogy. Can anyone remember if that's true?

No dice on the facebook profiles. Heck, I was surpised they had such common names. But I found this one article that says the president of Sony hopes it will be a franchise like the Resident Evil movies to the Japanese market. It sounds like they're pretty ambitious with this project.
Azul
BumbleKnight

Postby squeakyboots13 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:34 am

Discotek will be rereleasing it at some point. I would wait for that. I believe the show is available on Hulu in both English dub and Japanese subbed versions.
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

Postby The KKM » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:02 pm

I figure it's self-evident why it's an elaborate setup, no?

It's a set-up that goes against the rules the universe has set itself. We know Chris is a normal human. We know things don't age backwards. We know there was no apparent consequence for Sonic and friends when travelling to one world or the other. We know Chris was effectively the main character, and the last three episodes were focused on him and his emotional state.

You don't get to grab that, go BUT NOW SCI-FI HE AGES BACKWARDS!! Chaos control?!, go HE CAN TRAVEL DIMENSIONS!, go HE'S A SCIENTIST GENIUS!, go HE'S NO LONGER THAT EMOTIONALLY UNSTABLE!, go HE'S MET SONIC AND FRIENDS AGAIN... IN THEIR WORLD!, and then decide the characters you'll make the focus on be someone else.

If by this point you still don't get this, even if disagreeing, I'd appreciate you not respond at all, so we can cut this discussion that'll go nowhere right here.
The KKM
BumbleClan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:03 pm

Or at the very least, carry this over into a new Sonic X thread.

I forgot this wasn't one until Unknownshadow675 reminded me.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Xabin » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:24 pm

I cringe at the thought of Live-Action/Animated hybrid; recent movies of that kind (Spy Kids, Alvin and the Chipmunks, The Smurfs, etc.) have turned out pretty bad, despite their popularity, from what I've heard, and this is Sony behind it, so I'm not too confident they'll make it a quality product. How are they going to make Eggman reasonably accurate in live-action? I never saw the fan movie that the creators of the Mega Man fan movie did, so I dunno how they did it, but I really doubt a big budget company like Sony will care about making it accurate to the show to appeal to fans...
Xabin
BumbleCitizen

Postby FritzyBeat » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:26 pm

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:Or at the very least, carry this over into a new Sonic X thread.

I forgot this wasn't one until Unknownshadow675 reminded me.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

haha, well, the premises DO seem quite similar, from what little we know ;P

Back on topic though, HavocAngel brought up the fact recently that despite the fact that both the My Little Pony movie and Sonic movie are both coming out in 2017, we know soooo much more about the MLP movie (actors, who's doing music, who's writing, etc...) than the Sonic movie, which we have literally only got an announcement for and nothing else :'D

Now maybe I'm just missing something, cause I'm not exactly in touch with Sonic stuff these days, but has ANY information about this movie surfaced since the initial announcement? XP
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:58 pm

squeakyboots13 wrote:

Discotek will be rereleasing it at some point. I would wait for that.

Has there been any news on that? It feels like it's been forever since that was announced.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Azul » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:40 pm

The KKM wrote:I figure it's self-evident why it's an elaborate setup, no?

It's a set-up that goes against the rules the universe has set itself. We know Chris is a normal human. We know things don't age backwards. We know there was no apparent consequence for Sonic and friends when travelling to one world or the other. We know Chris was effectively the main character, and the last three episodes were focused on him and his emotional state.

You don't get to grab that, go BUT NOW SCI-FI HE AGES BACKWARDS!! Chaos control?!, go HE CAN TRAVEL DIMENSIONS!, go HE'S A SCIENTIST GENIUS!, go HE'S NO LONGER THAT EMOTIONALLY UNSTABLE!, go HE'S MET SONIC AND FRIENDS AGAIN... IN THEIR WORLD!, and then decide the characters you'll make the focus on be someone else.

If by this point you still don't get this, even if disagreeing, I'd appreciate you not respond at all, so we can cut this discussion that'll go nowhere right here.

I don't believe this is something worth starting another thread about but if Mod-sensei thinks that we're tripping, then we should stop. I mean, I could point out all of the flaws in your argument but given the firm stance you've taken and the lack of open mindedness you're displaying, I'm sure it's a pointless endeavor trying to convince you you're wrong. Idk about you, but I'm going to stick to the thread from now on. However, let's let bygones be bygones. I wouldn't want this petty conversation to be a source of strife in the future.

Xabin wrote:I cringe at the thought of Live-Action/Animated hybrid; recent movies of that kind (Spy Kids, Alvin and the Chipmunks, The Smurfs, etc.) have turned out pretty bad, despite their popularity, from what I've heard, and this is Sony behind it, so I'm not too confident they'll make it a quality product. How are they going to make Eggman reasonably accurate in live-action? I never saw the fan movie that the creators of the Mega Man fan movie did, so I dunno how they did it, but I really doubt a big budget company like Sony will care about making it accurate to the show to appeal to fans...

If they can get Mike Pollock to play a live action Eggman, I can die happy.
SonicBlueRanger wrote:
squeakyboots13 wrote:

Has there been any news on that? It feels like it's been forever since that was announced.

From the article I previously linked, they have yet to write up an actual script. Supposedly, it's due in 2017, bumped up from 2016. Makes me question the state of development it's in. I fear it may go into the toliet. I hope I'm wrong.
Last edited by Azul on Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Azul
BumbleKnight

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:49 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:
squeakyboots13 wrote:

From the article I previously linked, they have yet to write up an actual script. Supposedly, it's due in 2017, bumped up from 2016. Makes me question the state of development it's in. I fear it may go into the toliet. I hope I'm wrong.[/quote]

I meant the Sonic X DVD.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Specs64z » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:50 pm

I almost hope it will crash and burn... but only almost. I do want to know where this is going, but I also really don't know how they can pull this off with live action and keep the fanbase happy (though I somehow doubt that the fanbase's happiness is a major concern). Only time will tell.
Specs64z
BumbleFan

Postby Azul » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:52 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:
SonicBlueRanger wrote:
squeakyboots13 wrote:

Azul wrote:From the article I previously linked, they have yet to write up an actual script. Supposedly, it's due in 2017, bumped up from 2016. Makes me question the state of development it's in. I fear it may go into the toliet. I hope I'm wrong.

I meant the Sonic X DVD.

Whoopsie. Also, you should add [quote="Azul"] before what I said.
Azul
BumbleKnight

Postby Xabin » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:38 pm

I have half a mind to hope that it goes into development limbo, like the Short Circuit reboot. With as spastic as the portrayal of Sonic in the games are, and the games themselves, I can't imagine it's going to get more than a few million to make. If so, it'll crash and burn like the Jem movie.
Xabin
BumbleCitizen

Postby Unknownshadow675 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:07 pm

Azul wrote:
If they can get Mike Pollock to play a live action Eggman, I can die happy.

Or Doug Walker.
Unknownshadow675
BumbleFan

Postby FritzyBeat » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:29 pm

Can you imagine if Mike Pollock was the live action insert character? :P
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius