Sony, SEGA and Marza make live-action/animated Sonic movie

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Sony, SEGA and Marza make live-action/animated Sonic mov

Postby Village » Thu May 21, 2015 12:22 am

Polish Pete wrote:
DaddlerTheDalek wrote:Sonic, Tails, Amy & Knuckles vs Eggman & his minions.
This is what I expect.

I agree. This is all this movie really needs. Nothing more, nothing less.
Though it wouldn't hurt if we got an explanation for why Knuckles always joins the gang instead of guarding the Master Emerald on the Angel Island. Hopefully something that would justify his "stupidity".
Another good idea would be to make Amy a less annoying and more likeable character with her lus- I mean, love for Sonic made more subtle like in Sonic Boom.

One, No.

Two knuckles doesn't get any more explanations, he's just sonic's dumb friend now. Why is he here, because he's the big dumb one.

Why is shadow here, let me give you the back story, also by the toys.

Knuckles never really got his schitck back , he has it in the comics, but no one reads those and it isn't reflected anywhere else.
Village
BumbleCitizen

Postby DaddlerTheDalek » Thu May 21, 2015 6:26 am

Village wrote:
Polish Pete wrote:
DaddlerTheDalek wrote:Sonic, Tails, Amy & Knuckles vs Eggman & his minions.
This is what I expect.

I agree. This is all this movie really needs. Nothing more, nothing less.
Though it wouldn't hurt if we got an explanation for why Knuckles always joins the gang instead of guarding the Master Emerald on the Angel Island. Hopefully something that would justify his "stupidity".
Another good idea would be to make Amy a less annoying and more likeable character with her lus- I mean, love for Sonic made more subtle like in Sonic Boom.

One, No.

Two knuckles doesn't get any more explanations, he's just sonic's dumb friend now. Why is he here, because he's the big dumb one.

Why is shadow here, let me give you the back story, also by the toys.

Knuckles never really got his schitck back , he has it in the comics, but no one reads those and it isn't reflected anywhere else.

We don't know yet how Susser and Robichaux are going to write these characters. And I agree with Polish Pete.
DaddlerTheDalek
BumbleKnight

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Thu May 21, 2015 7:29 am

Man, I really wish I'd been around for this super genius Knuckles people keep acting like existed because in everything I've ever seen Knuckles in Games, Shows, Comics he's always been pretty dumb.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Mordum » Thu May 21, 2015 12:53 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:Man, I really wish I'd been around for this super genius Knuckles people keep acting like existed because in everything I've ever seen Knuckles in Games, Shows, Comics he's always been pretty dumb.

We need photoshops of Knuckles wearing a slowly disappearing lab coat and glasses spread out through Sonic 3 all the way to Sonic 06.
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby Village » Thu May 21, 2015 1:03 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:Man, I really wish I'd been around for this super genius Knuckles people keep acting like existed because in everything I've ever seen Knuckles in Games, Shows, Comics he's always been pretty dumb.

Knuckles was at least mentally competent at some point. At worst.. just gullible, which isn't a sign of stupidity , he's just trusting person. For example , the comics, where his whole thing is, or was rather. He keeps trusting sonic, because in earnest that's his friend and his friend kept messing with his lfie. I never tooks knuckles gullibility as stupidity rather , he was on an island raised by the remnants of a crazy cult he shouldn't be involved with, so he's sort of weird with people.

Was knuckles a genius? No , i wouldn't trust him or sonic with a wrench this side angel island. But to say knuckles character hasn't been simplified and stupider, would be rather dishonest. Epically in sonic boom, where he doesn't know left from right.

Or we could continue pretending knuckles was never mentally competent. Especially in a forum dedicated to the comics... where he is the most mentally competent. I don't feel like playing the " there's nothing ever wrong with sonic " game.

DaddlerTheDalek wrote:
We don't know yet how Susser and Robichaux are going to write these characters. And I agree with Polish Pete.

i don't.

There is no actual reason they can't have a bunch of peeps in this movie. It doesn't make sense from a toy or business aspect either.

Ask hasbro, and DC, and Marvel,or the pacific rim folks, or nintendo nowadays, or everyone starting franchises in this modern era and everyone doing the thing that sega said they were going to do with sonic boom but didn't which is establish some universe so you can have multiple products going at once. Do I want a sonic avengers movie? No. Would it make sense for there to be a bunch of characters in this movie, for example , ( one more popular than the characters that people keep mention should be the one only ones in this movies not named sonic ) so you can sell more merch, games, books, toys, figures and other things with it. Yeah, one of my issues with sonic boom as a thing, amongst many many many other things is that it doesn't do that. The reason i wanted shadow in that show wasn't because i liked shadow, it was because possibly other people and things could get in. You establish more of a world, that you can do things with. thats how boom was presented to me, but in end its just sonic and crew on an island they never leave with the most generic un awesome looking background dudes. I'm not going to get to into design, thats another argument entirely.

But the point is, this generic by the " books " sonic movie you all keep pushing sounds like the worst idea. It sounds like a scared to try things , sonic thing. Which arguably messed up the last few sonic games, besides lack of dev time. And mesed up plenty a sonic game before that, being afraid to commit to a bit. or half committing the wrong one , in the case of 06. That movie should introduce...like a bunch of characters, not too much, but way more than you are suggesting.

Establishing lore and characters, is good for business.

that movie should legit be strait up a toy commercial.
Village
BumbleCitizen

Postby TCH2 » Thu May 21, 2015 3:10 pm

I seriously hope this movie has some effort put into it. Sonic seriously deserves a decent showing on the big screen at least...
TCH2
BumbleCitizen

Postby DaddlerTheDalek » Thu May 21, 2015 4:30 pm

Village wrote:
DaddlerTheDalek wrote:

i don't.

There is no actual reason they can't have a bunch of peeps in this movie. It doesn't make sense from a toy or business aspect either.

Ask hasbro, and DC, and Marvel,or the pacific rim folks, or nintendo nowadays, or everyone starting franchises in this modern era and everyone doing the thing that sega said they were going to do with sonic boom but didn't which is establish some universe so you can have multiple products going at once. Do I want a sonic avengers movie? No. Would it make sense for there to be a bunch of characters in this movie, for example , ( one more popular than the characters that people keep mention should be the one only ones in this movies not named sonic ) so you can sell more merch, games, books, toys, figures and other things with it. Yeah, one of my issues with sonic boom as a thing, amongst many many many other things is that it doesn't do that. The reason i wanted shadow in that show wasn't because i liked shadow, it was because possibly other people and things could get in. You establish more of a world, that you can do things with. thats how boom was presented to me, but in end its just sonic and crew on an island they never leave with the most generic un awesome looking background dudes. I'm not going to get to into design, thats another argument entirely.

But the point is, this generic by the " books " sonic movie you all keep pushing sounds like the worst idea. It sounds like a scared to try things , sonic thing. Which arguably messed up the last few sonic games, besides lack of dev time. And mesed up plenty a sonic game before that, being afraid to commit to a bit. or half committing the wrong one , in the case of 06. That movie should introduce...like a bunch of characters, not too much, but way more than you are suggesting.

Just curious. How do you want the movie to be?
DaddlerTheDalek
BumbleKnight

Postby Village » Thu May 21, 2015 7:34 pm

DaddlerTheDalek wrote:
Village wrote:
DaddlerTheDalek wrote:

i don't.

Just curious. How do you want the movie to be?

As I put it, a big butt toy commercial, people keep pushing this narrative that sonic needs less friends. I think the friends aren't the problem, I have always found the quality of the product the main issue. If they are intent on making it a " sonic and friends in the real world flick " , I want it to be more like the recent super hero flicks, and how has hasbro is handling Transformers and MLP as franchises respectively, while yeah Sonic , tails, knuckles, amy, Eggman and Shadow get more attention, but they should feature bunches of characters. You have an opportunity to introduce a bunch of characters kids can buy stuff of later, expand. Do it, actually do it.

I want to be a fun movie, with a bunch of characters peeps can buy toys of. Make their characters viable by making a quality product, in this movie and in future movies, games as well.

The movie i would really want would take place in magical sonic land, but sega since sonic's conception has been enamored with this idea of sonic interacting with humans. I think the comic world, and boom world are better for having lot less of em. But hey what are you doing to do.

I want a fun toy commercial, that's what I want out of this movie. A quality toy commercial. Being a toy commercial isn't an insult, I went to the avengers movie the other day, that's a quality toy commercial .
Village
BumbleCitizen

Postby DaddlerTheDalek » Thu May 21, 2015 8:11 pm

I just want a fun movie.

TCH2 wrote:I seriously hope this movie has some effort put into it. Sonic seriously deserves a decent showing on the big screen at least...

Well. Let's hope.
DaddlerTheDalek
BumbleKnight

Postby Mikail » Thu May 21, 2015 9:32 pm

What I would certainly like for the movie is for the other characters to not just be cheerleaders during the climax like so many of the past games. Give them something to do while Sonic takes care of Eggman personally, like in the final act of Worlds Collide.
Mikail
BumbleNoble

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Fri May 22, 2015 4:04 am

Village wrote:

Knuckles was at least mentally competent at some point. At worst.. just gullible, which isn't a sign of stupidity , he's just trusting person. For example , the comics, where his whole thing is, or was rather. He keeps trusting sonic, because in earnest that's his friend and his friend kept messing with his lfie. I never tooks knuckles gullibility as stupidity rather , he was on an island raised by the remnants of a crazy cult he shouldn't be involved with, so he's sort of weird with people.

Was knuckles a genius? No , i wouldn't trust him or sonic with a wrench this side angel island. But to say knuckles character hasn't been simplified and stupider, would be rather dishonest. Epically in sonic boom, where he doesn't know left from right.

Or we could continue pretending knuckles was never mentally competent. Especially in a forum dedicated to the comics... where he is the most mentally competent. I don't feel like playing the " there's nothing ever wrong with sonic " game.

In Archie and Fleetway comics he's fairly smart, but that actually can make his a little bland. I still think that Sonic X, despite it many flaws, had best Knuckles. Eggman tricked him? I guess it's time to fly on a rocked, break into his base and take help to take him down. Rouge tricked him during a fight? Well, he still won, cause he's awesome. He lost to Shadow, but still felt like bad@#$ for slowing him down.
And it's not like he was only stupid, there were time he was the was the smart one. He was good with basic fight tactics and played role of a sane man.
Now if only he wasn't constantly tricked by Eggman...
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby Village » Fri May 22, 2015 11:39 pm

MetalSkulkBane wrote:In Archie and Fleetway comics he's fairly smart, but that actually can make his a little bland. I still think that Sonic X, despite it many flaws, had best Knuckles. Eggman tricked him? I guess it's time to fly on a rocked, break into his base and take help to take him down. Rouge tricked him during a fight? Well, he still won, cause he's awesome. He lost to Shadow, but still felt like bad@#$ for slowing him down.
And it's not like he was only stupid, there were time he was the was the smart one. He was good with basic fight tactics and played role of a sane man.
Now if only he wasn't constantly tricked by Eggman...

Like I think Sonic X knuckles is fine , I think most versions of those characters in that show are fine, issue was the non them parts. But I don't think you are describing him in a good light.(hearty laughter). You make him sound like that guy who lost a buncha fights and was like " I got some good hits in though "
Village
BumbleCitizen

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Sat May 23, 2015 3:54 am

Well, he did won the fight with Rouge, despite being tricked, but I see what you mean :P
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby DaddlerTheDalek » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:04 am

Sonic Boom is meant to branch away from the classic/legacy Sonic. Our plan is to go forward with both the modern Sonic and the legacy Sonic, but the Sonic Team will handle the legacy side of things in Japan. For us, the Western initiatives will tie into the toys, merchandising animation – movies potentially even. We’re branching out into the more upbeat adventure style theme for Sonic Boom.

Source

I don't know if it has something to do with Sony/Marza's project, but what do you think?
DaddlerTheDalek
BumbleKnight

Postby Meliden » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:07 am

Sounds unrelated since it's talking about Boom. If Boom were to get films, they'd probably be DTV ones since it doesn't have the narrative format or seeming budget to go theatrical.
Meliden
BumbleCult

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius