Sonic Comic Origins - Spoilers & Discussion Mega Thread

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Sonic Comic Origins - Spoilers & Discussion Mega Thread

Postby Meliden » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:25 am

That doesn't sound good for the magazine. Last thing I recall being released digital-only was Best of Sonic #4, and then the line was officially cancelled.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby diamonddeath » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:21 pm

Going by what games have been confirmed as having happened, do we know when the 8-bit games occurred in relation to the 16-bit games?
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

Postby Meliden » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:27 pm

Well, I would think it sensible if Sonic 2 8-Bit occurred before Sonic 2 16-Bit in the comic, as the former has the Silver Sonic prototype.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby diamonddeath » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:47 pm

Meliden wrote:Well, I would think it sensible if Sonic 2 8-Bit occurred before Sonic 2 16-Bit in the comic, as the former has the Silver Sonic prototype.

Yeah, that would actually make sense. I was wondering if Ian was going to have Sonic 1 lead directly into Sonic 2 like in Sonic Genesis, but I guess not this time around. It's interesting to note that in Snively's origin, it looks like he was the one acting as the boss for Final Zone. I'm wondering if Snively replaced Eggman as the main villain in that game where Eggman would act behind the scenes.
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

Postby akessel92 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:54 pm

diamonddeath wrote:
Meliden wrote:Well, I would think it sensible if Sonic 2 8-Bit occurred before Sonic 2 16-Bit in the comic, as the former has the Silver Sonic prototype.

Yeah, that would actually make sense. I was wondering if Ian was going to have Sonic 1 lead directly into Sonic 2 like in Sonic Genesis, but I guess not this time around. It's interesting to note that in Snively's origin, it looks like he was the one acting as the boss for Final Zone. I'm wondering if Snively replaced Eggman as the main villain in that game where Eggman would act behind the scenes.

Then again the final zone has a rotation of where you hit Eggman. It's here that snively is an added guy in the machine.
akessel92
BumbleNoble

Postby diamonddeath » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:47 am

akessel92 wrote:
diamonddeath wrote:

Then again the final zone has a rotation of where you hit Eggman. It's here that snively is an added guy in the machine.

Yeah, that's actually what it looks like upon closer inspection. It looks like Sonic destroyed the part Eggman was in while Snively watched from another part. I guess this was right before the entire contraption/room was destroyed.
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

Postby akessel92 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:05 pm

Yeah...
Spoiler: show
Yeah...
I just realized if snively returned to gun after sonic 3 &knux. I think he might have been the one who sent GUN after sonic in sa2 cause you gotta be color blind to not know that wasn't sonic robbing that bank or raiding one gun's base
akessel92
BumbleNoble

Postby Scruffy » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:59 am

akessel92 wrote:Yeah...
Spoiler: show
Yeah...
I just realized if snively returned to gun after sonic 3 &knux. I think he might have been the one who sent GUN after sonic in sa2 cause you gotta be color blind to not know that wasn't sonic robbing that bank or raiding one gun's base

Oooooh. Nice head-canoning.
Scruffy
BumbleClan

Postby MarioandSonic999 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:02 pm

So, besides the origin story of Nicole and the "Spark of Life" storyline, is there an origin story about Nicole that took place before the Super Genesis Wave occurred? I read some of Ben Hurst's note about it, and I've not seen a comic about that.
MarioandSonic999
BumbleFan

Postby Meliden » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:09 pm

Nicole's origin in the old continuity was that she was sent from the future to help out past/then-current Sally.

Sounds simple, but it ended up a mess.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby MarioandSonic999 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:12 pm

Meliden wrote:Nicole's origin in the old continuity was that she was sent from the future to help out past/then-current Sally.

I'm talking about when she was a lynx!
MarioandSonic999
BumbleFan

Postby Meliden » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:31 pm

MarioandSonic999 wrote:
Meliden wrote:Nicole's origin in the old continuity was that she was sent from the future to help out past/then-current Sally.

You didn't specify.

In any case, first she ended up in Sally's body in a one-off story somehow, then after that was reversed, she missed the real sensations and made herself a nanite body later on.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby MarioandSonic999 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:35 pm

Meliden wrote:
MarioandSonic999 wrote:

You didn't specify.

In any case, first she ended up in Sally's body in a one-off story somehow, then after that was reversed, she missed the real sensations and made herself a nanite body later on.

Very cute. But, either I'm saying is that Nicole's mind had been transferred into a handheld computer by Robotnik, because he was doing an experiment.
MarioandSonic999
BumbleFan

Postby Meliden » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:40 pm

That's never been in the comic continuity.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby MarioandSonic999 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:42 pm

Meliden wrote:That's never been in the comic continuity.

I wish it would've been in it, even if it was in the 11th volume of "Sonic Select"!
MarioandSonic999
BumbleFan

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius