Sonic Comic Origins - Spoilers & Discussion Mega Thread

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Sonic Comic Origins - Spoilers & Discussion Mega Thread

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:32 pm

We need a Book (Heck occasional OGN's at least) that adapt the games to the new continuity.

Or a Timeline. Whichever's more likely.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Sparky » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:04 pm

I have the manual stories for all the Genesis-Era games saved on one document on my computer.
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 4: EPISODE I
It began as Sonic’s animal friends begin disappearing from South Island. Soon Sonic discovers that evil scientist Dr. Eggman has been kidnapping them and turning them into robots to collect the legendary treasure – The Chaos Emeralds. Sonic decides it’s up to him to save them and embarks on a quest to free his animal friends. Sonic battles Eggman through many different zones. Sonic eventually pursues Eggman to Final Zone where the first in many epic battles between them begins. In the end Sonic is victorious and Eggman’s Mecha fly’s away badly damaged. Sonic returns to Green Hill Zone and re-unites with his friends.

Their reunion is short lived however, as Eggman resurfaces and begins kidnapping Sonic friends again, in an effort to create more workers to finish his ultimate Weapon – The Death Egg! Teaming up with the newly met, Miles ‘Tails’ Prower, Sonic embarks on a new mission through West Side Island in an effort to free his friends and ensure Eggman does not obtain the 7 Chaos emeralds to fuel the Death Egg.

Once the West Side Island is freed, Sonic and Tails eventually board the Tornado and assault the Death Egg itself. After destroying Mecha Sonic, Eggman flees and enters his new Eggman Robot attacking Sonic! After a heated battle Sonic destroys the Eggman Robot and the Death Egg begins to explode.

Sonic and Tails fly down and come across mysterious island called Angel Island. This island is floating by the power of the precious stone called Master Emerald, but now this mysterious island are dropping down to the ocean surface because the Death Egg had been falling on this island. Sonic and Tails are attacked by a Red Echidna named Knuckles the guardian of the island.

Knuckles steals the Chaos emeralds from Sonic, being tricked by Eggman that he is an enemy come to take the Master Emerald.While Sonic and Tails are entangled by Knuckles, Eggman repairs the Death Egg and preps it for launch.

Sonic manages to jump on Death Egg just as it’s flying off. After confronting Eggman on the Death Egg, Sonic defeats Eggman once more and the Death Egg plummets back to Angel Island.

Back on the ground Dr. Eggman begins the repairing Death Egg again. Feeling Knuckles has served his purpose, he sends EggRobo to eliminate this potential threat. EggRobo finds Knuckles relaxing in Mushroom Zone and drops a bomb on him but Knuckles manages to survive. Enraged, the Wild Echidna sets off to defeat EggRobo. Meanwhile Sonic and Tails explore the island to find traces of the Death Egg and find out Eggman’s fate. After and Epic showdown between Sonic and Knuckles, Eggman uses the opportunity to finally steal the Master Emerald and re-launches the Death Egg. With the power of the emeralds, Sonic goes after Eggman, who has taken the Master Emerald into space.

Sonic and Tails secure the Master Emerald and return it to Knuckles on Angel Island. With it’s power restored, the Angel Island lifts off into the sky as Sonic and Tails fly off into the sunset.

But this humiliating defeat only serves to further Eggman’s rage, and he has determined once and for all to rid himself of Sonic. Eggman revisits – and improves – the very best of his creations to defeat our spiked hero.

And so a new Adventure begins…

Our legendary hero returns! With the Death Egg finally destroyed and the Angel Island back into the sky, Sonic decides its time to take a break and heads off to find a new territory of his own. However, unbeknownst to Sonic, Eggman has also survived their last encounter, and has begun to taking measures to get rid of our hero. Armed with his Signature Speed, super Spin Dash - and powerful Homing Attack, Sonic is ready for an all-new adventure!

After losing the Master Emerald during his last encounter with Sonic, Eggman regroups with a new objective: to revisit and refine the best of his creations in order to finally get rid of Sonic

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 4: EPISODE II
The fierce battle from Episode I was only an overture...

What was Dr. Eggman searching for in the Lost Labyrinth?

What was Mad Gear built for?

They were all a mere puzzle piece of a grandiose project schemed by Dr. Eggman.

As Little Planet, where "Sonic CD" took place, approaches Sonic's world once again, Dr. Eggman's whole scheme will be revealed!

A few months after the events of Episode I, Little Planet, where Sonic CD took place, approaches once more. Doctor Eggman, who was defeated in the previous installment, knew that it was only the beginning of his big scheme that he had been planning in secrecy. Dr. Eggman planned the entire plan from the very beginning of Episode I.

Hearing that Little Planet has finally returned, Eggman eagerly hops back into action, the next phase of his scheme will begin to unfold. Elsewhere, Sonic the Hedgehog's old robot rival Metal Sonic has survived his defeat back in CD, though was left on Little Planet when it disappeared before. Eggman finds the Metal hedgehog and has made him even more powerful than before making Sonic no match for him.

Meanwhile, Sonic has found out about the Doctor and Metal Sonic being back, so he recruits his buddy Miles "Tails" Prower to help him face this new threat and set off to stop Eggman's latest scheme.

What was Dr. Eggman searching for in the Lost Labyrinth? What was Mad Gear built for? They were all a mere puzzle piece of a grandiose project schemed by Dr. Eggman. When Little Planet reappears, Dr. Eggman’s whole scheme will be revealed!

A few monthes have passed since the battle from Episode I. However Sonic's rest comes to an end as Little Planet reapproaches.

Sonic finds out that Dr. Eggman is back in action on the neighboring continent. He sets off on the Tornado to investigate the continent with his sidekick, Tails...

Sonic's little brother-like sidekick who made the rocket to head to E.G.G. Station and was secretly supporting Sonic in Episode I. In Episode II he's back in center stage as an active sidekick who Sonic can rely on. He can fly by rotating his two tails and will assist Sonic with the Combos in Episode II.

A worthy opponent who was thougght to be destroyed during the battle of Stardust Speedway in "Sonic CD". He was in fact severly damaged, and left alone on Little Planet. Now as the Little Planet re-approaches, and with the close support of Dr. Egman, Metal Sonic is ressurected and back in full force.

Dr. Eggman's E.G.G. Station was destroyed in Episode I. However as Little Planet re-approaches, the grand project set up by Dr. Eggman has now come into it's second stage, under a veil of secrecy.
And it sounds like Episode 1 takes place soon after S3:K with Episode II taking place several months later after Episode 1 and also a year after the events of CD. That would have to put CD before Sonic 2, if you ask me. EDIT: Unless Sonic CD isn't just before Sonic 2, but before Sonic 1 as well, which would mean 1-2-3-4 happens in that order for Sonic and Eggman with CD happening at an earlier point separate from the Classic 'Tetralogy'.
Sparky
BumbleNoble

Postby Meliden » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:23 pm

Like I said, they basically retconned Sonic 4 Episode 1's own story by deciding to put Sonic CD after S3&K, regardless of where it should logically fall.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby GentlemanX » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:29 pm

So I'm still not reading these things because I'm not buying Digests and Magazines just for them (come on Sonic Select 11), but just ran across Madonna Garnet elsewhere.

Getting Madonna and Mary into the book? Cool. Getting Topaz into the book? Ian I love you.

That's all I got, haven't read the story, just wanted to say how excited this character made me. Pardon the interruption.
GentlemanX
BumbleNoble

Postby Sparky » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:41 pm

Meliden wrote:Like I said, they basically retconned Sonic 4 Episode 1's own story by deciding to put Sonic CD after S3&K, regardless of where it should logically fall.

I never got the impression that they did that. They've always been vague about CD's place in relation to the classics and Sonic 4.
Sparky
BumbleNoble

Postby Sparky » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:51 pm

http://www.sonicretro.org/2011/08/corre ... d-sonic-4/

SEGA never put CD into a concrete place in the timeline. It's just at some point before Sonic 4: Episode I.
Sparky
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:33 am

The KKM wrote:Except Sonic 2 directly leads to 3 and Knuckles

...does it?

In his previous adventure, Sonic destroyed Dr. Eggman's base, the Death Egg; now the debris has started its fall to Earth. And right in the path of the falling base floats a giant cloud-like mass. The giant shadow of Death Egg hides the cloud... Towering mountains, a gigantic forest... the cloud is none other than the legendary floating island, suspended in the sky.

The Death Egg became a fireball and hit the floating island; mountains were destroyed, the forests decimated...

This disastrous event greatly alters the island's path, forcing it towards the Earth.

The island crashes into the sea surface. The impact creates a gigantic wave, but the island doesn't sink. The floating island now sits on the sea surface as if nothing happened.

Many days pass...

From the Japanese manual.

I know it kind of looks like the intro takes right after the ending of Sonic 2, but that "several days" can allow for other things to happen...

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Meliden » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:54 am

They kinda ignored the manuals to write the Sonic 4 stuff though. I mean, not fully, but there's some retcons here and there.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby The KKM » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:41 am

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:
The KKM wrote:Except Sonic 2 directly leads to 3 and Knuckles

...does it?

In his previous adventure, Sonic destroyed Dr. Eggman's base, the Death Egg; now the debris has started its fall to Earth. And right in the path of the falling base floats a giant cloud-like mass. The giant shadow of Death Egg hides the cloud... Towering mountains, a gigantic forest... the cloud is none other than the legendary floating island, suspended in the sky.

The Death Egg became a fireball and hit the floating island; mountains were destroyed, the forests decimated...

This disastrous event greatly alters the island's path, forcing it towards the Earth.

The island crashes into the sea surface. The impact creates a gigantic wave, but the island doesn't sink. The floating island now sits on the sea surface as if nothing happened.

Many days pass...

From the Japanese manual.

I know it kind of looks like the intro takes right after the ending of Sonic 2, but that "several days" can allow for other things to happen...

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

You can have another villain for Sonic and Tails to fight, but I find it hard to believe Eggman did anything in those "several days" other than crashing the Death Egg, starting repairs, and tricking Knuckles- therefore having 2 lead directly to 3, for once not due to the heroes but the villain :V
The KKM
BumbleClan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:48 am

I find a lot of what Eggman does implausible, but I just kind of roll with it.

I mean, in the games, up to Sonic Unleashed, he seems to literally be the only real free-thinking individual in his entire empire. For him to have created everything he has single-handedly... why not say he can hatch a new plot in between parts of other plots?

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby The KKM » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:56 am

He certainly does, I just find it a bit hard to believe in this specific case as it's not a blank space- we know he's specifically done this and that, IE repairs on the Death Egg, begin spreading badniks in Angel Island, trick Knuckles. It's not like, say, the empty space between 1 and 2.
The KKM
BumbleClan

Postby Sparky » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:34 pm

The KKM wrote:He certainly does, I just find it a bit hard to believe in this specific case as it's not a blank space- we know he's specifically done this and that, IE repairs on the Death Egg, begin spreading badniks in Angel Island, trick Knuckles. It's not like, say, the empty space between 1 and 2.

From what I can tell in Snively's Comic Origin and the Genesis Arc, Ian has been trying to connect Sonic 1 and 2 closer together in a way that makes perfect sense and kind of brings in the idea of Sonic 1 leading into Sonic 2 leading into Sonic 3. This has been slightly messing with my mentallity of Sonic 1-CD-2, but not to the point it's impossible.
Sparky
BumbleNoble

Postby The Swordsman » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:54 pm

Snively's new backstory and was great and I also like that we are also getting Topaz through Madonna, but I find it interesting that this version of Ivo worked for G.U.N since a popular theory is that part of the reason he wants his Empire is to get revenge on G.U.N for his grandfather. Good work Ian! :D
The Swordsman
BumbleCitizen

Location: Somewhere fighting the Eggman Empire for the United Federation.

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:56 am

The KKM wrote:He certainly does, I just find it a bit hard to believe in this specific case as it's not a blank space- we know he's specifically done this and that, IE repairs on the Death Egg, begin spreading badniks in Angel Island, trick Knuckles. It's not like, say, the empty space between 1 and 2.

It's still a one-man operation, and Eggman is that one man. Nothing to say he couldn't have given his robots their directives, fed Knuckles whatever lines he thought of, and went off to -- I don't know, "try to keep Sonic from following his ship to the island" or something.

If Eggman can have as many balls in the air as he does in one game, nothing to say he can't have more at the same time that we only get to see when Sonic does.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby TheFatPanda » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:23 am

Dropping in to report that SSSM#14 has been quietly released digitally. If you still haven't read the Genesis Portal story and have access to the apps, how's your chance.
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius