SLW First Play Charity Marathon Back on Track (Update x6)

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: SLW First Play Charity Marathon Back on Track (Update x6

Postby Meliden » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:58 pm

Also the final amount raised was $2269.08. I think.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby Dejimon11 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:36 pm

Tried to donate but it wouldn't let me because of the type of card i was using oh well
Dejimon11
BumbleNoble

Postby theJcfreak » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:21 pm

The stream was really fun by the way guys. I managed to stay awake for the first 18 hours but I had to collapse after that before returning for the last hour. I'm amazed and astounded at Ian & LBD's sheer willpower to stay awake and play for the full 24 hours. Nice going you two, your crazy antics raised a ton of money for sick kids and entertained some nerds for a day. Also thanks to the others who were on the stream either on camera or in the chat, ya'll helped make it more fun. Thanks to Ian & LBD for serenading us with His World. Thanks to all the sponsors and companies including that poor Pauline guy who never got his name said right. But most of all...

Thanks Cammy. Without her none of this would have been possible.
theJcfreak
BumbleChosen

Postby TurboTailz » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:49 pm

theJcfreak wrote:The stream was really fun by the way guys. I managed to stay awake for the first 18 hours but I had to collapse after that before returning for the last hour. I'm amazed and astounded at Ian & LBD's sheer willpower to stay awake and play for the full 24 hours. Nice going you two, your crazy antics raised a ton of money for sick kids and entertained some nerds for a day. Also thanks to the others who were on the stream either on camera or in the chat, ya'll helped make it more fun. Thanks to Ian & LBD for serenading us with His World. Thanks to all the sponsors and companies including that poor Pauline guy who never got his name said right. But most of all...

Thanks Cammy. Without her none of this would have been possible.

Yeah it was fun watching them while multitasking though there was times I'll be like, (omg stop rushing it, take your time, that jump was easy, my brain can't handle this) and I switch to other games such as GW2, WoW or FFXIV ARR to take a break from the major fail attempts xD.

Nevertheless it was enjoyable and I'm pretty sure we all rage together on those fail attempts haha.
TurboTailz
BumbleNoble

Postby Spinehog » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:41 pm

Can't wait to watch...

Will the other games played be included in the video when it's posted?
Spinehog
BumbleNoble

Postby Daisetsu » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:59 pm

They're part of the 24 hour stream so I would assume so.
Daisetsu
BumbleNoble

Postby Ian Flynn » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:56 am

Right, so, here we are on the Monday after and I've mostly recovered. The second half of Sunday was spent asleep, with a brief conscious period to feed.

Lots of thanks are in order:
    - Nytetrayn: for dreaming up this crazy scheme, organizing it, and making it all happen
    - Kureejii Lea & Nadia: our better halves who monitored the chat, kept us informed, brought in food and coffee, and got us through the last few hours
    - Travis: the technical guru who made all the gizmos work for what was, honestly, a remarkably smooth twenty-four hours.
    - All the sponsors who made this possible. I'd rattle off the list, but I did it twenty-four times or so live. They know who they are.
    - Everyone who contributed. It's rather staggering to think you all raised over two grand in a day. It really makes me proud to have been a part of this.

Also, concerning "Sonic Underground is off limits" - that's not new. That's been in place since before I got on the book. The finale in Sonic Universe was supposed to be a special one-time thing. We're still trying to find a way to get it to happen.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Spinehog » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:52 pm

Could we have a Knuckles Mini-Series explaining what adventures Knuckles went on when the Mobini took him away since the game never did? XD
Spinehog
BumbleNoble

Postby Adamis » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:45 pm

Ian Flynn wrote:
Also, concerning "Sonic Underground is off limits" - that's not new. That's been in place since before I got on the book. The finale in Sonic Universe was supposed to be a special one-time thing. We're still trying to find a way to get it to happen.

Just curious, has it been drawn yet, or has it just been written ? (And was Knuckles in it ?)
Adamis
BumbleNoble

Postby therealfalconpawnch7 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:45 pm

Spinehog wrote:Could we have a Knuckles Mini-Series explaining what adventures Knuckles went on when the Mobini took him away since the game never did? XD

Think Ice Age 2 Mini-Sloths.
therealfalconpawnch7
BumbleKnight

Postby Ian Flynn » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:08 pm

Adamis wrote:
Ian Flynn wrote:

Just curious, has it been drawn yet, or has it just been written ? (And was Knuckles in it ?)

No, there's no script yet. Just lots and lots of notes.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Adamis » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:12 pm

Oh :( I thought it was at least written when it was announced last year.
Thanks for replying anyway. I hope we'll see it one day.
Adamis
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:37 am

I don't suppose anyone managed to log any of the chat, did they? I'd love to be able to read over some of it.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby AnimeCwboy » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:47 pm

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:I don't suppose anyone managed to log any of the chat, did they? I'd love to be able to read over some of it.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Gah, I totally could have logged the chat for the last 4 hours when I went mobile on IRC. I didn't check the option when I saw it.
AnimeCwboy
BumbleFan

Postby ReifuTD » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:04 am

Ian Flynn wrote:
Adamis wrote:
Ian Flynn wrote:

No, there's no script yet. Just lots and lots of notes.

Wait? so the one shot issue thing isn't set in stone then? Because most people want a proper four issue story arc. Althought I suppose it's hard enough getting one issue. I hope we don't have to fire off another genesis wave to get another good alt world story.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius