Sonic Lost World is coming to the only good platform, now!

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Sonic Lost World has Nintendo DLC- Zelda out.

Postby Ogilvie » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:03 pm

Is there anything at the top of the trees? I can never seem to reach the top with parkour, and I can't help but wonder if something's up there if they just leave trees at the end of a path.

Regardless, stage is wonderful! Digging the tunic in particular, looks really cute on him!

Obligatory request for a Zelda/Sonic crossover here.
Ogilvie
BumbleFan

Postby squeakyboots13 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:42 pm

Ogilvie wrote:Is there anything at the top of the trees? I can never seem to reach the top with parkour, and I can't help but wonder if something's up there if they just leave trees at the end of a path.

Just some rupees. When you start to slow down, do a spindash to get some extra height.
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

Postby Ian Flynn » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:49 pm

squeakyboots13 wrote:
Ogilvie wrote:Is there anything at the top of the trees? I can never seem to reach the top with parkour, and I can't help but wonder if something's up there if they just leave trees at the end of a path.

Just some rupees. When you start to slow down, do a spindash to get some extra height.

I'm pretty sure, at least in the lake, that springing off the tree behind all the deku scrubs spawns a bunch of blue rupees.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Staf » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:48 pm

Ian Flynn wrote:
squeakyboots13 wrote:

I'm pretty sure, at least in the lake, that springing off the tree behind all the deku scrubs spawns a bunch of blue rupees.

It does. Those weren't there before.

I'm loving this DLC. I wish there was a game based off this. The open world of the beginning is wonderful, though I got stuck for several minutes trying to figure out where to go.

The cuccos give up way to easily in this game, though.
Staf
BumbleFan

Postby The Bored » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:19 pm

Heck, you can try jumping against the tree and then activate the wall climb. That should get you to the the top every time
The Bored
BumbleNoble

Postby Scruffy » Thu May 29, 2014 9:14 am

So I know it's been almost two months since this thread last had a new post, but I just got the game and beat it last week, so I thought I'd post my thoughts. I thought it was pretty fun, though maybe not as good as Colours or Generations. The Deadly Six were a nice change of pace as enemies, and some of their dialogue really cracked me up. I particularly enjoyed the scene with Sonic being lectured by Zeena regarding her ruined nails. XD Tails using his tails for something other than flying really surprised me, as well as Eggman's little twist at the end, even though I probably should have seen that one coming. The DLC levels and the wings item box were both useful for making it through certain levels, so I liked that little touch. My one major criticism was that the final boss was just waaaaaay too easy, and similar to the final one from Sonic Colours. Funny story - I went and played the Yoshi's Island level right before facing that boss. I rescued twelve Yoshi eggs at the end of the level, earning 50 extra lives. Then I went and fought the boss... I died twice, then beat him on my third attempt. :(hearty laughter):

I do have to wonder what the huge fuss over Frozen Factory 2 was though. I mean, it was challenging, sure. But I don't think I spent more than half an hour on it. It might be a bit of a different story when I go back later for the red star rings that I missed, but I certainly didn't go mad trying to get to the next level.
Scruffy
BumbleClan

Postby squeakyboots13 » Thu May 29, 2014 9:53 am

Scruffy wrote:I do have to wonder what the huge fuss over Frozen Factory 2 was though. I mean, it was challenging, sure. But I don't think I spent more than half an hour on it. It might be a bit of a different story when I go back later for the red star rings that I missed, but I certainly didn't go mad trying to get to the next level.

What about Lava Mountain 2? That's what the huge fuss was over.
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

Postby Scruffy » Thu May 29, 2014 10:14 am

squeakyboots13 wrote:
Scruffy wrote:I do have to wonder what the huge fuss over Frozen Factory 2 was though. I mean, it was challenging, sure. But I don't think I spent more than half an hour on it. It might be a bit of a different story when I go back later for the red star rings that I missed, but I certainly didn't go mad trying to get to the next level.

What about Lava Mountain 2? That's what the huge fuss was over.

*checks which one that was* Ooh, the aquarium rail level. Yeah, that one was tough. Maybe 45 minutes or so? An hour, tops. I definitely went through a buttload of lives. Thank god I'd figured out how to make the most of the Yoshi level by then. :)

It was nowhere near the most irritating level in a Sonic game ever though. That award goes to this one.

... *eye twitch*
Scruffy
BumbleClan

Postby jawsisra » Thu May 29, 2014 1:07 pm

I am having trouble getting all the red coins on the Wii U Version. There this one that I just can not figure it out. I will take a screenshot later so some one can help me figure out how you get it.

The 3DS version is fun I just hate the special Zones. I hated the pokemon dream radar and the Special Zones remind me of that. The special zones use to be fun but this This just gives me a headach
jawsisra
BumbleFan

Postby Meliden » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:27 am

What's this? Sonic Lost World is being ported?

That's right, on November 2nd, Sonic Lost World is coming to Steam! Pre-buy it and you can get a free copy of Sonic And All Stars Racing Transformed.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Re: Sonic Lost World is coming to the only good platform, no

Postby DudestofGuys » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:42 pm

I can see why they'd port the title, between Sega's push to incorporate the Zeti in spinoff games and the WiiU's small userbase, but I'm surprised they've passed over rereleasing Colors. Maybe they think it's too old and too many people already bought it? Maybe Lost World's port is an attempt to stamp out the bad publicity from the Boom game in a quick, cheap way? Maybe they decided on the port when they realized there wasn't a core title coming out anytime soon? Or maybe they planned a PC release from the start and have been waiting for their deal with Nintendo to expire.

It's a weird choice no matter what the reason.
DudestofGuys
BumbleFan

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:05 pm

that's pretty surprising. I've never played it, heard good and bad things about it, but I'll definitely buy a steam release... when it's on sale
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby Daisetsu » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:14 pm

Completely unexpected. I plan on getting this as I don't have a Wii U and also because it might lead to Colors, Unleashed, Heroes and others getting on Steam.
Daisetsu
BumbleNoble

Postby squeakyboots13 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:31 pm

Daisetsu wrote:Completely unexpected. I plan on getting this as I don't have a Wii U and also because it might lead to Colors, Unleashed, Heroes and others getting on Steam.

It's not on Steam but a PC version of Heroes does exist already.
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:43 pm

squeakyboots13 wrote:
Daisetsu wrote:Completely unexpected. I plan on getting this as I don't have a Wii U and also because it might lead to Colors, Unleashed, Heroes and others getting on Steam.

It's not on Steam but a PC version of Heroes does exist already.

there's also a PC version of Sonic Riders, and Sega was developing a PC port of Unleashed but never finished it or something
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius