Sonic Talk: Ask Ian Part Deux, submit your questions here!

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Sonic Talk: Ask Ian Part Deux, submit your questions here!

Postby nuckles87 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:07 pm

Hey guys, this is Alex, the co-host of Sonic Talk. We're going to have Ian Flynn on our podcast next Thursday, and we want to ask him your questions!

So if you have any questions that you've been DYING to ask Ian, post them up here and maybe we'll select them! A few things though:

1. We will not be taking any questions regarding the lawsuit, or anything connected to the lawsuit including questions about censored characters and stories. We will have a separate written interview that will be going up on Sonic Stadium that will touch upon these questions, but only to the degree in which Mr. Flynn is able to answer them.

(Ian Edit: Protip - not saying anything related to that. Ever. At all. k thx bai!)

2. You may submit no more then ten questions. This does not mean you SHOULD submit ten, but if you can think of ten awesome questions we'd like to hear them. The better a questions is, the more likely we'll be to ask it. We don't mind some silly question, either ;).

3. Deadline for questions is next Wednesday at 7PM. I'm afraid we can't take anything after that.

EDIT:

4. I forgot to mention this, but PLEASE don't submit questions that are essentially suggesting plot points. This is considered a fan submission of a story idea. Ian cannot take these sorts of questions, as it presents potential legal problems in the future should Ian write a story that may use a similar idea.

So no "Will we ever see a story where organization A does something to character B." kinds of questions, please. Thank you. If you already have, please delete them and feel free to replace them.

And that's that. Now get to asking!
Last edited by nuckles87 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nuckles87
BumbleKnight

Re: Sonic Talk: Ask Ian Part Deux, submit your questions her

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:39 pm

With the Sonic/Mega Man crossover in full swing I've been wondering what else would you like to cross Sonic over with? Archie property or non Archie property doesn't matter.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby megabeatman » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:19 pm

1. While writing the Sonic and Mega Man Crossover, how hard was it to keep it from fully becoming the Eggman and Wily Show? Not that I don't mind that either.

2. What made you decide to adapt Super Adventure Rockman before the events of Mega Man 3?

3. Will Sonic and Team Fighters have fun adventures after the eventual conclusion of the Naugus and Mecha Sally arcs?

4. Will there be new characters, game-wise or original, that will be introduced in the Sonic or Mega Man comics post-crossover?
megabeatman
BumbleKnight

Postby Dejimon11 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:29 pm

1. Besides not using any characters outside of the classic mega man series were there any other mandates Capcom gave you?

2. which book do you enjoy writing the most?

3. How will you adapt mega man games were mega man isnt the only one going after a robot master?

4. Is there a reason why NC:Dark Tomorrow #1 isnt called NC issue 7?

5.How has the fan reception been for New Crusaders?
Last edited by Dejimon11 on Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dejimon11
BumbleNoble

Postby NiTROACTiVE » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:30 pm

1. When it comes to magic, are all Mobians are born with the potential to use magic but only a select few are actually taught how to wield them? Or do they have to be granted magical powers? And can humans and overlanders do magic too?

2. Speaking of overlanders, are you still aware that overlanders have only four fingers even though they have five like humans for some reason?

3. Also, what was the exact date of the day the Xorda came to earth (I think it's July 3, 2048), and the date of the Xorda attack on Earth (I think it's July 23, 2048)? Or maybe the time between the arrival and the attack was longer, I really don't know.

4. How did New York City not get completely wiped out in the Xorda attack on Earth? I'm asking this because there are plenty of remains of it as of STH #133, and it's known as Old Megaopolis.

5. Will Augustus the Polar Bear be OK even though he was hurt in STH #247?

6. Will Sonic and Sally get together again after this whole Mecha Sally deal ends?

4/29/2013 Edit: I cleaned up this post. If I have any more questions that I forgot to ask, then I'll simply add them here.
Last edited by NiTROACTiVE on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:09 pm, edited 6 times in total.
NiTROACTiVE
BumbleClan

Postby kryptyk » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:41 pm

Do you see any realistic potential for a spin-off comic series to Megaman like its own version of Sonic Universe? I like your writing for Megaman from what I've seen in the crossover so far, but I've never been a big fan of the classic game series. I'm more experienced with others like the Zero & Legends series and can see myself as more likely to pick up the book if you were to do stories from those continuities.
kryptyk
BumbleNoble

Postby Daluna13 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:56 pm

Hey Ian,
I was wondering how you write Dialog/Actions for the 4 books? More specifically how do you think of what each character will say or do?
Daluna13
BumbleNoble

Postby Mightyray » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:26 pm

Quick question: Do you have any plans to explore Ray the flying squirrel's past in distant future?
Mightyray
BumbleCitizen

Postby TurboTailz » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:50 pm

1. Will there be a recap on Blaze the Cat story since she's still searching for the Sol Emeralds?

2. Will we get to see any insights on Scourge and Fiona crew and their doings on Moebius?

3. Can there be another Super transformation hero to shine in the spotlight to save the day besides Super Sonic? Turbo Tails perhaps? :wink:

4. Is Amy power only limited to her hammer and strength or does she too have a super transformation / allowed?

5. What is the purpose of that Black Emerald *The Ancient Onyx I think it was called* and will it recur in your future stories?

6. Do G.U.N have night parties and can Shadow handle beer?

7. Did Eggman ever dispose of those overlanders he touched while Sally and Sonic escape the forcefield Nate got rid of or are they just laying around somewhere rusting?

8. If there was a beauty or swimsuit contest between Fiona, Sally, Julie-su, Blaze the Cat and Bunnie.
The judges happens to be Scourge, Geoffrey and Jack the Rabbit. Who would they most likely choose out of the five contenders?

9. Will there be a power struggle between Mogul, Eggman and Dr.Finitevus in future stories?

10. With all the explosive action going on in the current arc and cross over. Why isn't Bean here to add more flavor to it?

Done 8)

Spoiler: show
Can someone ask Ian what would he call himself if he fused with Dubs >.< many thanks if you can for me
Last edited by TurboTailz on Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
TurboTailz
BumbleNoble

Postby RadRed89 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:51 pm

1. Is there any chance that Archie will get the license to write for any other video game properties in the future?
2. What do you think the various Sega characters would do if there were no more bad guys to fight?
RadRed89
BumbleNoble

Postby Mobotropolis » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:08 pm

You mentioned before that the Bumbleking Forums only represent a small amount of the fandom, which is true. Can you give us a general idea of which Archie Characters are currently popular from your perspective? Maybe a Top 3-5? It seems that our tastes are a bit different then the average comic fan's.

Currently we have a lot of great artists working on the comic. I know you're running the show when it comes to writing the Main Series, but do you think we'll someone else on writing duties in the foreseeable future?

... and now a fun question. You already answered this for the other hedgehogs (except Amy but she doesn't count), but what is Silver's favorite thing to eat? I suppose in the future the answer would be anything that's edible but now that he's stranded in the past he has more room to actually enjoy things.
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble

Postby squeakyboots13 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:54 pm

Serious questions: (If Ian doesn't know or can't answer any of these, then it's no big deal.)

To what extent do the Zones from classic Genesis Sonic games exist in the main Archie canon? Do they count as alternate universe "Zones" like Scourge or Blaze's worlds or are they actual locations that exist on Mobius?

How far outside the realm of possibility is it to make references to scrapped content from various Sonic games such as the unused levels from Sonic 2? (Dust Hill Zone, Cyber City Zone, Wood Zone, etc...)

Will full issue game adaptations become a regular thing in the future?

The final page of the Sonic Encyclopedia is an entry for Mephiles, Iblis, and Solaris that ends with the sentence "you never know what slips between the cracks of time." Are there any actual plans to bring these characters into the comic?

Silly, for fun questions:

Will Titan Tails ever return?

Will we ever get a Sonic Labyrinth adaptation?

What do you think is the stupidest machine/badnik/boss fight Eggman has ever built in any continuity?
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

Postby BlazeHeatnix » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:46 pm

1. How do you write a strong independent female character without sacrificing girlish charm and personality?

2. What would happen to Little Planet if the Time Stones got taken from it?

3. You've mentioned that the way you write Mega Man and the way you write Sonic are completely different. In what ways?

4. Is Sonic aquaphobic?

5. What do you think Sonic's top speed is?

6. Since Mega Man Legends 3 is a no-go, do you think you could write an epilogue for the series in the same way you're writing an epilogue to Sonic Underground?

7. I've seen people talk about a hypothetical western Sonic cartoon based on the comics, mainly your run. Do you think it could work? Do you think it's even feasible?

8. Have you ever watched/played any Sonic/Mega Man fan creations? Flash movies, fangames?

Silly questions:
9. Do you ever feel like a plastic bag, drifting through the wind wanting to start again?

10. METAL GEAR?!
Last edited by BlazeHeatnix on Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BlazeHeatnix
BumbleCitizen

Postby Daluna13 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:58 pm

What writer living or dead, (Comic writer, Novelist , what have you, ) would you like to meet and why?
Daluna13
BumbleNoble

Postby Gonzo » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:09 am

Has SEGA (or Capcom) put any guidelines in place for how new characters should be designed, or how existing ones should be redone? Or is the staff allowed to go with whatever they want, within reason?
Gonzo
BumbleKnight

Next

Return to This Side of Mobius