Endangered Species Afterthought: What DIDN'T Change?

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Endangered Species Afterthought: What DIDN'T Change?

Postby kryptyk » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:49 am

IIRC, when it was first revealed, Endangered Species was described as an arc that would bring about major changes to the comic as we knew it. Now regardless of the reasons that have underlyingly plagued everyone here in some way or another with all their posts, that particular point about this arc was indeed accomplished. But just how different are the immediate end results that we have seen from what it was really supposed to have been?

Is it possible the echidnas would've been taken off of Mobius anyway? Could it be the Krudzu & Shard were going to show up regardless? Was Thrash really going to get away while also having the satisfaction of fulfilling his quest for ignorant vengeance all along? What do you guys think? What (if anything) stayed the same?
kryptyk
BumbleNoble

Re: Endangered Species Afterthought: What DIDN'T Change?

Postby 009* » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:08 am

kryptyk wrote:IIRC, when it was first revealed, Endangered Species was described as an arc that would bring about major changes to the comic as we knew it. Now regardless of the reasons that have underlyingly plagued everyone here in some way or another with all their posts, that particular point about this arc was indeed accomplished. But just how different are the immediate end results that we have seen from what it was really supposed to have been?

Is it possible the echidnas would've been taken off of Mobius anyway? Could it be the Krudzu & Shard were going to show up regardless? Was Thrash really going to get away while also having the satisfaction of fulfilling his quest for ignorant vengeance all along? What do you guys think? What (if anything) stayed the same?

Considering that Eggman was subtly threatening to wipe out the echidna race if Lien-da failed, it's possible that they were going to leave originally, but with Knuckles resolving his issues from Enerjak Reborn and Julie-su and Saffron staying behind.
009*
BumbleKnight

Postby Dimzjak » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:20 am

-
Last edited by Dimzjak on Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dimzjak
BumbleNoble

Postby Ian Flynn » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:43 am

I'd love to give a synopsis for what was originally planned, but I can't right now. I don't know if I ever will be.

I'll float this out there for you, though: Shard and the Krudzu Hybrid Hydra were never intended to be in the arc.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby GentlemanX » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:57 am

Ian Flynn wrote:I'll float this out there for you, though: Shard and the Krudzu Hybrid Hydra were never intended to be in the arc.

I'm not surprised by that at all. Of all the elements at play in the arc, they felt the most tacked on.
GentlemanX
BumbleNoble

Postby 009* » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:32 am

GentlemanX wrote:
Ian Flynn wrote:I'll float this out there for you, though: Shard and the Krudzu Hybrid Hydra were never intended to be in the arc.

I'm not surprised by that at all. Of all the elements at play in the arc, they felt the most tacked on.

This lends credence to the theory that the DEL, or echidnas, were going to play a role in Sally's restoration.
009*
BumbleKnight

Postby TurboTailz » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:38 am

009* wrote:
GentlemanX wrote:

This lends credence to the theory that the DEL, or echidnas, were going to play a role in Sally's restoration.

Maybe or maybe not depending on Thrash actions and if Knuckles still would of been able to save most of the echidnas.
TurboTailz
BumbleNoble

Postby kryptyk » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:46 am

TurboTailz wrote:
009* wrote:
GentlemanX wrote:

Maybe or maybe not depending on Thrash actions and if Knuckles still would of been able to save most of the echidnas.

True. There's also always the chance, slim as it may be, that Sally's restoration could be a direct result of the conclusion of Worlds Collide for all we know. Regardless, it seems overall that #243 remained untouched except for the changes we saw in its dialogue, and Knuckles did indeed get separated from the others while facing off with Thrash. Whether or not it was supposed to be from chasing him through multiple Warp Ring portals, I can't be certain. I'm kinda leaning towards that though, just because I can't think of a likely alternative scenario.
kryptyk
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:57 am

I know i'd much rather Dr. Light derobitcize Sally than the Krudzu.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby PC the Hedgehog » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:36 am

Mavrickindigo wrote:I know i'd much rather Dr. Light derobitcize Sally than the Krudzu.

THAT would look hilariously like bad fanfiction in Sally's wiki article years down the line.

"Sally Acorn. Roboticized by Dr. Eggman, deroboticized by Dr. Light of the Mega Man universe."
PC the Hedgehog
BumbleNoble

Postby Para » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:42 am

PC the Hedgehog wrote:
Mavrickindigo wrote:I know i'd much rather Dr. Light derobitcize Sally than the Krudzu.

THAT would look hilariously like bad fanfiction in Sally's wiki article years down the line.

"Sally Acorn. Roboticized by Dr. Eggman, deroboticized by Dr. Light of the Mega Man universe."

And then she gains superpowers to become SALLY-MOON!
Para
BumbleNoble

Postby CaleTheCat » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:52 am

Para wrote:
PC the Hedgehog wrote:

And then she gains superpowers to become SALLY-MOON!

So it's thanks to Dr. Light this happens?! Oh thanks a LOT, Doc!
CaleTheCat
BumbleClan

Postby Tonberry2k » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:15 pm

009* wrote:
GentlemanX wrote:

...No it doesn't. It just says that Shard and the KHH weren't involved. It doesn't mean "If not A, then B," just "Not A."
Tonberry2k
BumbleNoble

Postby Axel T Rat » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:54 pm

My assumption is that Lien-Da and her forces would have been the main threat for Sonic instead of the Krudzu. Both her and Julie-Su would fight before being forced to join forces against Thrash. Both would be chunked into the portal anyway and Saffy would be nowhere near this arc.

Also I'm starting to wonder if the legal issues will also involve Geoff and Elias to be cut from future arcs, which would suck due to them being closely tied to the main events of other story arcs. I want to say that the lawsuit's still got me worried and I wonder if anyone's started some fan petition for the parties involved to just drop it and move on yet. I doubt that will happen, but wouldn't be surprised if anyone's tried that yet.
Axel T Rat
BumbleKnight

Postby Mavrickindigo » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:43 pm

Axel T Rat wrote:I wonder if anyone's started some fan petition for the parties involved to just drop it and move on yet.

Yeah, that ain't gonna work.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Next

Return to This Side of Mobius