Official Mobius Encyclopedia Online Wiki Thread

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Official Mobius Encyclopedia Online Wiki Thread

Postby TheFatPanda » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:30 pm

I did recently start going and changing the release months of all upcoming books to "TBA", since it's easier than changing it every five minutes.
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby DudestofGuys » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:48 pm

TheFatPanda wrote:I've been thinking lately, maybe we should just do individual articles for each graphic novel volume?

The pages dedicated to graphic novel titles as a whole are just becoming really cluttered, especially since we've now decided to include each volumes solicit. It makes keeping things in check really difficult...

I think it should depend on the GN Series. The Archie Digital Exclusives were condensed into a single article because each one was essentially a story list, cover art and nothing else. The Archives have trivia per volume, a new story in one book, appended credits, bonus features...and there's a whole lot of 'em. The Knuckles Archives have enough edits, trivia, etc to cover individual articles (to the point that both of the cancelled issues are enough to warrant at least one article) while Select's article is fine.

In addition, we really need to redo the comics table. It's just going to get more unruly with 24 new books coming out every year.
DudestofGuys
BumbleFan

Postby TheFatPanda » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:35 pm

Well, if we are going to take this direction with the graphic novels, then I would definitely say give the graphic novel library its own list.

What would be really great is if we found a way to make drop down lists.

Also, you may think it's best to only do individual articles for books with enough of its own content, but you need to consider the fact that many of the books have a bunch of background information to go with it.
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby therealfalconpawnch7 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:47 pm

A suggestion I just thought of, can character pages come with an Image Gallery? So that if someone needs to show someone a certain picture of a character they can find it easily and not be stuck with the one or two that the character page has which don't have the one they need.
therealfalconpawnch7
BumbleKnight

Postby Xabin » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:14 pm

Why were the height and weight listings for the pre-reboot characters that had them removed? I thought that those were official statements on how tall they were, to give you an idea of how they stacked up against each other. I distinctly remembered Rotor being listed at around 3'10", with Knuckles listed at 3"4" or something (I did research, because in my fanfic for Cobar, I wanted to get an accurate depiction of how tall an average echidna male is compared to Rotor). It also made the point that the Mobians seem to be shorter than their non-anthropomorphic Earth counterparts (average walrus size is about 5-6 feet, compared to the 3-4 that Rotor was listed as).

Also, on a similar note, was it ever confirmed that the height and weight measurements for Mobius was marks and stone? That's what I got from the main Mobius article, but I dunno if that was taken out, or not.

Then again, I've noticed that Mortal Kombat's official wiki also removed those measurements from their characters; before, it was how I knew how tall Goro and Kintaro were (8'5" and 8'10", respectively), compared to each other, but now they're gone.

Finally, I find it interesting and funny how "cook" is listed as one of Rotor's skills; I don't think we ever see him cooking much of anything, outside of his attempt in the early comic to make carbonated milkshakes, or in the new continuity where he created his omni-tool cappuccino machine.
Xabin
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mobotropolis » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:24 pm

Marks and Stones were given as the unit of measurement in the Data Files back in the day.

For example Dulcy was listed as being 168 marks and 23 stone in Sonic 107. Wingspan was 118 marks.
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble

Postby Kureejii Lea » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:04 pm

Mobotropolis wrote:Marks and Stones were given as the unit of measurement in the Data Files back in the day.

For example Dulcy was listed as being 168 marks and 23 stone in Sonic 107. Wingspan was 118 marks.

And while not everyone was given such stats, IIRC a lot of the ones that were there either contradicted official stats or simply weren't realistic.
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween

Postby therealfalconpawnch7 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:20 am

Mobotropolis wrote:Marks and Stones were given as the unit of measurement in the Data Files back in the day.

What even are Marks and Stone? They've always confused me, and they confuse my friend from Wales even more.
therealfalconpawnch7
BumbleKnight

Postby Meliden » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:40 am

Stone is still a pretty commonly used measurement, mostly for when you're measuring people's weight. You heard all those diet ads talking about how much stone a person has lost with them? This even applies to the UK, despite being metric for the most part.

Mark...I guess it was supposed to be akin to how hands are used to measure horses, but it's never established (or kept consistent) what a mark even is, so it was basically meaningless.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby therealfalconpawnch7 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:19 am

Meliden wrote:Stone is still a pretty commonly used measurement, mostly for when you're measuring people's weight. You heard all those diet ads talking about how much stone a person has lost with them? This even applies to the UK, despite being metric for the most part.

Mark...I guess it was supposed to be akin to how hands are used to measure horses, but it's never established (or kept consistent) what a mark even is, so it was basically meaningless.

OK, most diet ads I see use Pounds but I guess since I only see one for every 10,000 other ads I might be missing some XD.

Mark was the one that stumped us even more, and if it never was an actual consistent thing then it makes sense how my math on Julie-Su's height put her a full foot taller than Knuckles since she wasn't the first person I calculated (I forget who was, but I believe it was a humanoid character)
therealfalconpawnch7
BumbleKnight

Postby Xabin » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:15 pm

I think they said in the wiki that a mark was about a little over half an inch, so that's where I got my measurements from. That's probably why the measurements are so wonky; from what I remember of what they listed as old Rotor's and Knuckles' official height, Rotor was a shade under 4 feet tall, while Knuckles was a shade over 3.
Xabin
BumbleCitizen

Postby The Shadow Imperator » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:22 pm

First of all, this article is horribly out of date. Secondly, why aren't there separate articles for Chaos Spear, Chaos Blast, Chronos Control, etc?
The Shadow Imperator
BumbleFan

Previous

Return to This Side of Mobius