Official Mobius Encyclopedia Online Wiki Thread

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Official Mobius Encyclopedia Online Wiki Thread

Postby ChaosJam » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:30 pm

TheFatPanda wrote:It says nine days, not nine years :P

Hmm...could of swore it said years in your post... :P
Anyway, yeah that still doesn't make sense. There is no way to gauge how many days passed between events. Still sounds like head cannon to me.
ChaosJam
BumbleNoble

Postby TheFatPanda » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:10 am

A few things I wanna run past people over time. First off: should old reality characters (and even old reality incarnations of still-existing characters for that matter) always be referred to in the past tense?
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:41 pm

TheFatPanda wrote:A few things I wanna run past people over time. First off: should old reality characters (and even old reality incarnations of still-existing characters for that matter) always be referred to in the past tense?

Technically, no literary work should be referred to in the past tense. When writing about a story in an academic setting, one always writes about it in the present tense. This is because one can always pick up and read the old story. Those old stories still exist. One can still read the story where Sir Connery dies, and in that story, he "sacrifices himself", he hasn't "sacrificed" himself, because one can still go and read that story again and he still will Sacrifice himself in the context of that work.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby DudestofGuys » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:51 am

Doesn't the style guide for the wiki say to have summaries in present tense as applicable while character articles and the like are supposed to be in past tense, as if they're biographical? So if you're talking about changing things to past tense within issue summaries...no, that wouldn't even make sense. If you're talking about character articles, aren't they already like that?
DudestofGuys
BumbleFan

Postby TheFatPanda » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:33 am

DudestofGuys wrote:Doesn't the style guide for the wiki say to have summaries in present tense as applicable while character articles and the like are supposed to be in past tense, as if they're biographical? So if you're talking about changing things to past tense within issue summaries...no, that wouldn't even make sense. If you're talking about character articles, aren't they already like that?

Some of them are. I've sort of made it a priority to make the introductory paragraphs past tense (e.g. "Julie-Su is was an echidna blah blah blah...")
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby Meliden » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:37 am

I'd assume a lot of them haven't made the cut content transition yet, especially relatively recent cases like Matilda and Beau.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby TheFatPanda » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:04 pm

Another thing I wanna run by: can we consider the Lost World, Jump and Dash adaptations as Primezone canon? I know we consider them ATAP stories right night, but literally, the ATAP tagline hasn't been used in any of theose stories.

What do you say? Just consider them "near-future prime canon"?
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby DudestofGuys » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:56 am

Here's something nice: I can't click on the suggestions drop-down when working in the source editor anymore. I don't know if someone fiddled with the site itself or if the Wikia system updated and the old code is busted now, but I tested this on multiple computers and browsers and got the same results.
DudestofGuys
BumbleFan

Postby TheFatPanda » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:42 pm

So on the incredibly likely chance that the Super Special Magazine has been canned (which its increasingly beginning to look like btw) how should we deal with the articles for the two unreleased issues (or one unreleased issue if you count #14 briefly being out digitally)?

Should they still have their own articles?
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby BlazeHeatnix » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:26 pm

How do you decide what gets added to the background and references sections of each issue? I added something for Issue #247 the other day and according to an edit today, you rejected it.
BlazeHeatnix
BumbleCitizen

Postby TheFatPanda » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:41 pm

BlazeHeatnix wrote:How do you decide what gets added to the background and references sections of each issue? I added something for Issue #247 the other day and according to an edit today, you rejected it.

What was it?
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby BlazeHeatnix » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:48 pm

TheFatPanda wrote:
BlazeHeatnix wrote:How do you decide what gets added to the background and references sections of each issue? I added something for Issue #247 the other day and according to an edit today, you rejected it.

What was it?

It was the thing about Sonic's pose on the cover being his artwork for Shadow The Hedgehog.

Spoiler: show

You've added it back in now though I see.
BlazeHeatnix
BumbleCitizen

Postby TheFatPanda » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:23 pm

Yeah, I realised that was probably it. I honestly didn't see the resemblance at first but then I went to look at the render and realised you had a point.

My apologies.
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby TheFatPanda » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:11 pm

Does anybody know where I can find a full high quality scan of the second WUB issues "Arcade Block" variant?
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby diamonddeath » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:11 am

TheFatPanda wrote:
DudestofGuys wrote:Doesn't the style guide for the wiki say to have summaries in present tense as applicable while character articles and the like are supposed to be in past tense, as if they're biographical? So if you're talking about changing things to past tense within issue summaries...no, that wouldn't even make sense. If you're talking about character articles, aren't they already like that?

Some of them are. I've sort of made it a priority to make the introductory paragraphs past tense (e.g. "Julie-Su is was an echidna blah blah blah...")

I'm not sure, but I think only the history needs to be past tense. I've been putting everything minus the opening and background information in past tense today when I was editing.

Speaking of which, I updated with a batch of images. Some articles still need catching up, but I think we can use Sonic News Network as a guide for updating articles because why not? I used it to flesh out and even create some Sonic Boom articles.
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius