The Thread of general Sonic-related questions

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: The Thread of general Sonic-related questions

Postby TheFatPanda » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:00 am

SkateTroe wrote:That means Dagger would technically be Jaque and Scarlette is Belle.

...are you implying that Bunnie would've got together with Rotor instead of Antoine in this future? :|
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby NxtWaltDisney » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:51 pm

TheFatPanda wrote:
SkateTroe wrote:That means Dagger would technically be Jaque and Scarlette is Belle.

...are you implying that Bunnie would've got together with Rotor instead of Antoine in this future? :|

Well...They are "possible" futures :|
NxtWaltDisney
BumbleClan

Postby FritzyBeat » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:14 pm

On the Topic of Dark Mobius, I'm going t go with the "Name changes to protect friends and family" theory, but keep in mind they were fighting Knuckles the Echidna of all people, and I'm pretty sure he'd recognize who he's fighting against. Ergo, name changes would be a moot point.

Also, it is mentioned that Dark Mobius is a possible future of monius, but who's to say that its a possible future of Mobius Prime? It could just as easily be the future of another Mobius. Remember when Jani-ca when't back in time and thought she was experiencing Remington assassinate Knuckles? When she came back to her own time-line, Juli-su told her that she must have experienced an alternate reality. Don't you think that could mean another Mobius entirely (EX Mobius Prime)? Also, don't you think a Mobius where Knuckles is in totalitarian rule over Angel Island, and Remington is working undercover to assassinate a (not green) Knuckles the Echidna sounds a LITTLE familiar?
That being said, as far as I'm concerned, I just like to believe that Dark Mobius is the future of Ian Flynn's "Other-M" world. And that he just changed the names of the characters (Payback, Dagger, Demo, etc...) so that people wouldn't be confused with all the time-travel stuff. Plus the stories featuring Dark Mobius and Jani-ca going to Mobius Prime just seem to fit a little to well with Ian's fan-comic to be a coincidence.
I think Dark Mobius is a tip of the hat to Other-M, making it cannon, without actually making it cannon.
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:17 pm

Where did Evil Sonic get his green eyes? (he didn't have them as soon as Sonic Prime got them)

When Sally gets her new design, will Alicia mysteriously change appearance too?
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby FritzyBeat » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:24 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:Where did Evil Sonic get his green eyes? (he didn't have them as soon as Sonic Prime got them)

Alternate reality mumbo jumbo. I assume Evil Sonic got his green eyes the exact opposite way Sonic got his (you can figure out what "exact opposite" means in this case on your own). Why? At that point in the comics, I assume Anti-Mobius had not yet completely split from Mobius. There we're still events occurring at the time that were the exact opposite of Mobius, I don't think it was until much later when Anti-mobius began to start having its own individual events (like scourge taking over his planet and such).
But it doesn't really matter now because Scourge's eyes have turned blue, and I doubt we'll ever get a full explanation as to why Evil-Sonic's eyes turned green to begin with, or when Moebius began breaking off from being Mobius Prime's anti counterpart.
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

Postby Diablo » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:43 pm

And about Alicias new look, i highly doubt that being stuck in the same clothes for last 150 issues or something is hygienic.
Diablo
BumbleNoble

Postby TheFatPanda » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:52 pm

Diablo wrote:And about Alicias new look, i highly doubt that being stuck in the same clothes for last 150 issues or something is hygienic.

She's a cartoon, bro. Ask a cartoon character and their all like "what is this hygiene you speak of?"
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby Zack_GLC » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:53 pm

TheFatPanda wrote:
Diablo wrote:And about Alicias new look, i highly doubt that being stuck in the same clothes for last 150 issues or something is hygienic.

She's a cartoon squirrel, bro.

Maybe she's like SuperMan and has a ton of those dresses!
Zack_GLC
BumbleNoble

Postby The Bored » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:28 pm

Zack_GLC wrote:
TheFatPanda wrote:

She's a cartoon squirrel, bro.

Maybe she's like SuperMan and has a ton of those dresses!

& because they're in such close proximity to her, her Mary Sue powers are transfered to it.
The Bored
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:50 pm

TheMobian wrote:
Mavrickindigo wrote:Where did Evil Sonic get his green eyes? (he didn't have them as soon as Sonic Prime got them)

Alternate reality mumbo jumbo. I assume Evil Sonic got his green eyes the exact opposite way Sonic got his (you can figure out what "exact opposite" means in this case on your own). Why? At that point in the comics, I assume Anti-Mobius had not yet completely split from Mobius. There we're still events occurring at the time that were the exact opposite of Mobius, I don't think it was until much later when Anti-mobius began to start having its own individual events (like scourge taking over his planet and such).
But it doesn't really matter now because Scourge's eyes have turned blue, and I doubt we'll ever get a full explanation as to why Evil-Sonic's eyes turned green to begin with, or when Moebius began breaking off from being Mobius Prime's anti counterpart.

Thing is, Evil Sonic was still "Classic Sonic" even past Super Special #10, where it was a plot point that he looked different than "Modern" Sonic Prime. It wasn't until issue 150 or so that he started having green eyes and a Modern look, which was at least a year or so after Sonic Prime got it

And about Alicias new look, i highly doubt that being stuck in the same clothes for last 150 issues or something is hygienic.

Sally's getting an entirely new skeletal structure, not just a new outfit
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Razorsaw » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:00 pm

Do you guys think Holoska exists in the Northern Tundra? I know it's not on the map, but you'd think it'd be there...
Razorsaw
BumbleCitizen

Postby The Shadow Emperor » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:06 pm

Razorsaw wrote:Do you guys think Holoska exists in the Northern Tundra? I know it's not on the map, but you'd think it'd be there...

Shamarr, Apotos and Adabat weren't on the map either. Maybe they're all just smaller pockets of humans that never joined the United Federation. It was mentioned in the Encyclopedia that there could be other "Old Earth" civilizations besides the UF, after all.
The Shadow Emperor

Postby The Shadow Emperor » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:04 pm

Apologies for the double post, but I didn't want to let this nice thread die. :P

A question just hit me earlier today, but it might have been discussed before...or not, who knows. Anyway: we all know what happens when you try to roboticize something that's already mechanical...so what happens when you try to deroboticize something that's already organic? Any ideas?
The Shadow Emperor

Postby Matt7325 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:38 pm

The Shadow Emperor wrote:Apologies for the double post, but I didn't want to let this nice thread die. :P

A question just hit me earlier today, but it might have been discussed before...or not, who knows. Anyway: we all know what happens when you try to roboticize something that's already mechanical...so what happens when you try to deroboticize something that's already organic? Any ideas?

They implode.
Matt7325
BumbleKnight

Postby Scruffy » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:41 pm

The Shadow Emperor wrote:Apologies for the double post, but I didn't want to let this nice thread die. :P

My guess would be nothing, but that's just a guess.
Scruffy
BumbleClan

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius