The Thread of general Sonic-related questions

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Amy.

Postby Milox » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:47 pm

There is a certain thing going on in Mercia right about now.

Coincidentally, I'm sure, there is also what appears some red tape concerning what is going on in Mercia. Said alleged red tape involves characters who may or may not but probably are related to Amy. I wonder if it is at all related...
Milox
BumbleClan

Re: Amy.

Postby Ian Flynn » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:12 am

Combining with the general questions thread since this is pretty open and shut.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Re: The Thread of general Sonic-related questions

Postby The Bored » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:32 pm

What happened to the original special zone from issue # 4
The Bored
BumbleNoble

Postby CaleTheCat » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:16 pm

The Bored wrote:What happened to the original special zone from issue # 4

Well, this is just my thought, but I think it's possible that explosion of Ultimate Annihilator destroyed it.
CaleTheCat
BumbleClan

Postby Tsurugi » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:03 pm

The Bored wrote:What happened to the original special zone from issue # 4

I just figured it combined with Feist's Special Zone :|
Tsurugi
BumbleNoble

Some Questions Regarding Bees On Mobius

Postby NiTROACTiVE » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:02 pm

I don't know if there was a thread regarding these questions but if there was then I apologize for having them asked again. Anyways, here are my questions:

Ever since the Golden Hive Colony was destroyed, were there any other Mobian bee survivors besides Charmy and Saffron bee?

Also, speaking of Charmy and Saffron, is it true that they are engaged? If so, then isn't it kind of wrong? I mean, I'm sure that Charmy and Saffron are somewhere around the age of 6 years old and they just might be too young to get married. Unless if there's a good explanation.

Speaking of age, someone told me that Charmy and Saffron have a shorter life span than other Mobians even though their DNA fused with humans nearly 12,000 years ago. Is that true?

Take a look at this picture of a normal honey bee and Charmy Bee:

Spoiler: show
Image Image

How could a normal bee evolve into something like Charmy? I can imagine the process but it's quite puzzling.

One more question, take a look at a picture from an issue where Charmy bee was getting surgery (contains surgery violence and blood):

Spoiler: show

Does that prove that Mobian bees have blue blood?

That's all the questions I got about bees on Mobius. If you know the answer to one, some or all of these questions then please let me know.
NiTROACTiVE
BumbleClan

Re: Some Questions Regarding Bees On Mobius

Postby The Shadow Emperor » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:17 pm

It hasn't been revealed if any other bees survived, Charmy and Saffron are both young adults who were engaged as part of thrir royal duties, nothing has ever been said about bee lifespans (you have seriously got to stop listening to what random people tell you on the Internet, btw), and as for the real world bee to Mobian bee thing just don't even bother thinking about it because the whole gene bomb business is nonsensical comic book pseudoscience malarkey anyway.

By the way, there's a thread for general Sonic questions. And it's only like 10 threads down, so why did you not use it?
The Shadow Emperor

Re: Some Questions Regarding Bees On Mobius

Postby Kureejii Lea » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:25 pm

The Shadow Emperor wrote:By the way, there's a thread for general Sonic questions. And it's only like 10 threads down, so why did you not use it?[/color]

Indeed. Merging.

And just to reiterate/add on...

NiTROACTiVE wrote:Ever since the Golden Hive Colony was destroyed, were there any other Mobian bee survivors besides Charmy and Saffron bee?

In his investigation, Espio said the population was scattered. So it's implied there are survivors somewhere, they just haven't been found/seen.

Also, speaking of Charmy and Saffron, is it true that they are engaged?

Yes.

If so, then isn't it kind of wrong?

Not especially.

I mean, I'm sure that Charmy and Saffron are somewhere around the age of 6 years old and they just might be too young to get married.

You're wrong. They're in their late teens.

Unless if there's a good explanation.

Only SEGASonic Charmy is six. The English manual for Chaotix put him as sixteen back in the day, so that's what the comics went with.

Speaking of age, someone told me that Charmy and Saffron have a shorter life span than other Mobians even though their DNA fused with humans nearly 12,000 years ago. Is that true?

No. Don't take every bit of random, overthinking fanon as fact.
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween

Postby TheFatPanda » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:36 am

Aren't we actually in the 3rd Robotnik War now?

When Sonic beat Eggman in #200, everyone was saying that it was the end of the war (in this case, the second Robotnik war). And now even though Eggman had been on hiatus for a few issues afterward, I haven't seen any official material stating that this is the third war.

I would've thought Eggmans return with the Death Egg after previously being thought to be completely out of action marked the beginning of the third war.
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby kryptyk » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:48 am

TheFatPanda wrote:Aren't we actually in the 3rd Robotnik War now?

When Sonic beat Eggman in #200, everyone was saying that it was the end of the war (in this case, the second Robotnik war). And now even though Eggman had been on hiatus for a few issues afterward, I haven't seen any official material stating that this is the third war.

I would've thought Eggmans return with the Death Egg after previously being thought to be completely out of action marked the beginning of the third war.

I'd say its safer to say the Mobians only thought the war was over. The Iron Dominion taking control simply proved there were still Eggman-related threats globally, and his return with the Death Egg Mark 2 was to signify an end to his hiatus and the second war being renewed.
kryptyk
BumbleNoble

Postby NiTROACTiVE » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:48 am

@The Shadow Emperor: I forgot about this thread so that's why I made a separate thread at first.

@Kureejii Lea: Thanks for answering my questions, but if Charmy Bee's age is set around in the original age as told in the English manual for Chaotix would his voice sound different from his voice from media like the Sonic Heroes video game and the Sonic X cartoon? Also, did he act childish throughout the comic's run ever since he first appeared in the comic? I forgot if he did or not.
NiTROACTiVE
BumbleClan

Postby Toby Barrett » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:52 am

No, he used to be boring.
Toby Barrett

Postby kryptyk » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:53 am

Definitely not. He was a bit more easy-going like Mighty, but the most childish he acted before the Egg Grapes was running away from home when he couldn't face the responsibilities being pressed upon him of ruling Golden Hive Colony.
kryptyk
BumbleNoble

Postby Penguin God » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:30 am

Charmy didn't really have much of a personality at all before. He was just there at the start, then when he was wiped he was too dazed to do anything right, and now he seems to have recovered enough that he acts like his Sega self.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby The Shadow Emperor » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:28 pm

Penguin God wrote:Charmy didn't really have much of a personality at all before. He was just there at the start, then when he was wiped he was too dazed to do anything right, and now he seems to have recovered enough that he acts like his Sega self.

None of the Chaotix save for maybe Vector had much of a personality back then because the writers were more concerned with introducing more generic echidnas as opposed to developing Knuckles' friends.
The Shadow Emperor

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius