The Thread of general Sonic-related questions

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Amy.

Postby The Coolness » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:58 pm

Edit:
Public apology:
I would like to say that I did not mean anything negative on your posting habits, as I didn't know a general questions thread existed either. :|

I would like to clarify that it was a comment that the topic was 1 word long, the thread[Amy] had 3 post in it, no one in had avatars(at the time), and all of the posts were 1 sentence long. I found that so bland it was silly, so I pointed it out.
I was not "calling judgement on your post"(Passive-aggressive quotations not aimed at you.)

Although, it appeared to be accusatory to you, it was not funny, and it was spam so sorry. My bad. :(
Last edited by The Coolness on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Coolness
BumbleClan

Re: Amy.

Postby Speedlion » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:45 pm

The Coolness wrote:^Blandest.
thread.
ever.

That could've been said nicer, but, yeah, I think this could've easily gone into the "General Sonic-related Questions thread"
Speedlion
Honorary BumbleCult

Re: The Thread of general Sonic-related questions

Postby Scruffy » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:20 pm

Sorry, I messed up the quoting. :P This is what I meant to ask:

Mustachio wrote: The Master Emerald can trigger a Super Form on its own which takes all seven of the Chaos Emeralds.

Did anyone actually do this in the games, other than Mecha Sonic in Sonic (3) & Knuckles?
Scruffy
BumbleClan

Postby TheFatPanda » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:33 pm

I've been baffled by this one for years:

The ordering of events in Sonic Heroes. The game makes it out as if all 4 stories happen in unison, with the 4 teams going to the same levels in the same order, with all of them being there around the same time as each other what with some of them crossing paths.
But then they all battle the same boss at the end, but presumably not the same model, since they're respective boss battles with "Eggman" all happen individually. Are we supposed to be led to believe that Neo Metal Sonic (the one behind the whole thing, not Eggman) somehow has 4 different models of the same machines in storage that he uses on all 4 teams (which, by the way, all seem to happen in the same area), or that all 4 battles happen one after the other, with NMS quickly repairing the machines between battles?
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby Dejimon11 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:45 pm

TheFatPanda wrote:I've been baffled by this one for years:

The ordering of events in Sonic Heroes. The game makes it out as if all 4 stories happen in unison, with the 4 teams going to the same levels in the same order, with all of them being there around the same time as each other what with some of them crossing paths.
But then they all battle the same boss at the end, but presumably not the same model, since they're respective boss battles with "Eggman" all happen individually. Are we supposed to be led to believe that Neo Metal Sonic (the one behind the whole thing, not Eggman) somehow has 4 different models of the same machines in storage that he uses on all 4 teams (which, by the way, all seem to happen in the same area), or that all 4 battles happen one after the other, with NMS quickly repairing the machines between battles?

its possible that neo metal sonic can multiply itself
Dejimon11
BumbleNoble

Postby Mustachio » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:57 pm

TheFatPanda wrote:I've been baffled by this one for years:

The battles don't have to happen literally at the same exact time, just around the same time (maybe mere minutes apart). Team Sonic probably fought the Egg Emperor first with Team Rose fighting it directly after. Team Dark or Chaotix could of fought it anytime before or after (Probably Chaotix last as their ending leads right into the Last Story).

Also take into account how each Team had different level paths and lengths. Team Dark usually had longer levels while Team Rose were shorter. If you want to project that as a plot-point, you can say the Teams arrived at the bosses several minutes apart from each other.
Last edited by Mustachio on Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mustachio
BumbleClan

Postby SimonSays » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:59 pm

It's probably the same one four times, since Neo Metal Sonic is just a bunch of metallic goo and can reshape himself as much as he wants. He only fought the heroes to collect their data (prior to Metal Madness, anyway), so it's possible he fought and lost to all four of the teams, one after the other, just so he could get more information and become complete. I'd guess that Team Dark is first, then Team Sonic and Rose, then Team Chaotix. That way, the Chaotix are the last ones who find Eggman, and then the final cutscene happens.

I mean, that all falls apart when you ask why they didn't all notice each other and help each other out if they're all standing around the same area. But then Heroes is a silly game with silly plot holes, so I dunno.
(EDIT: ninja'd)

Speaking of Sonic Heroes, in the Team Dark cutscene after the boss battle in Rail Canyon, there's a broken down Shadow android. Now, where the heck did that come from, and when was it ever used?
SimonSays
BumbleNoble

Postby Mustachio » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:02 pm

SimonSays wrote:Speaking of Sonic Heroes, in the Team Dark cutscene after the boss battle in Rail Canyon, there's a broken down Shadow android. Now, where the heck did that come from, and when was it ever used?

I always assumed it was stored away inside the Egg Albatross and was destroyed when Team Dark defeated the boss. The Egg Albatross was maybe intended to be used for Shadow Android deployment or something.

That's just my theory, though.
Mustachio
BumbleClan

Postby SimonSays » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:19 pm

I always assumed it, canonically, was used in the fight against Team Dark, but since they recycled the same boss for each team they never actually bothered to program a special addition to that one team. (This would also be the point, as Shadow, that I would start asking more questions about why some guy's got robot copies of me or whether I'm one or not instead of waiting until the next game, but that's another thread's worth of questions...)

And it must have been just for Team Dark, since otherwise a Shadow bot should've popped out when the other teams fought it too. (And that would've been a big shocker because I don't think the other teams knew Shadow was alive yet.) So I guess Metal just carried around one android to screw with Shadow's brain and the others never saw it. Wow, jerk.

Which reminds me of another question. What did Shadow and Omega do with Metal Sonic at the end of Heroes? They're the last ones with him, but he doesn't show up again until Rivals. And they never speak of Heroes again.
SimonSays
BumbleNoble

Postby Meliden » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:21 pm

SimonSays wrote:And it must have been just for Team Dark, since otherwise a Shadow bot should've popped out when the other teams fought it too. (And that would've been a big shocker because I don't think the other teams knew Shadow was alive yet.)

If none of them knew he was alive, how would Vector have called Rouge a broad?
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby SimonSays » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:24 pm

Meliden wrote:
SimonSays wrote:And it must have been just for Team Dark, since otherwise a Shadow bot should've popped out when the other teams fought it too. (And that would've been a big shocker because I don't think the other teams knew Shadow was alive yet.)

If none of them knew he was alive, how would Vector have called Rouge a broad?

I meant the ones from SA2. I discounted the Chaotix since they didn't know who Shadow or Rouge were either way. I should've worded that better.
SimonSays
BumbleNoble

Postby Dejimon11 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:29 pm

does anybody have a picture of the sonic 3 and knuckles character swap glitch?
Dejimon11
BumbleNoble

Postby lalalei2001 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:35 pm

It's not a glitch, it's a transition between Sonic's head and Knuckles's head.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby Dejimon11 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:45 pm

lalalei2001 wrote:It's not a glitch, it's a transition between Sonic's head and Knuckles's head.

oh i just wanted to see how it looks like
Dejimon11
BumbleNoble

Postby Meliden » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:55 pm

Looking at the sprite...

It looks more like Sonic than Knuckles. :/
Meliden
BumbleCult

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius