The Thread of general Sonic-related questions

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: The Thread of general Sonic-related questions

Postby apprentice manta » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:34 pm

The Fire Ant Council- Yes, I definitely remember seeing soon of them getting Egg-Grape'd. Fairly certain Deo Volente's name was among them.

Benedict recognizes Remmy- I have no proof of this but I always suspected that
Spoiler: show
Benedict knew Remmington's mom somehow. Either he was an ex-boyfriend, close friend/coworker or a blood relative, realized that her pregnancy coincided w/ Remmy's age (or was told/shown Remmy's egg) and decided to investigate further. Maybe he had better deductive reasoning skills that most echidnas and saw the strong family resemblance between Kragok or Remmy. On the whole, the echidna population seems about as observant as the civilians of Mobotropolis, but maybe Benedict's the one guy who thought to piece things together. Besides Finitevus of course but he's so crazy-smart I never lump him in w/ the rest of the echidna horde.

This topic is pretty dang informatuve. I hadn't realized Dmitri's wife had been named in-series before. Was Kragok's wife ever announced? I hope not because I've always hope that
the fan nickname Baret-Ta would become canon. I found it lolworthy anyway.
apprentice manta
BumbleNoble

Postby Meliden » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:04 pm

misspuar wrote: This topic is pretty dang informatuve. I hadn't realized Dmitri's wife had been named in-series before. Was Kragok's wife ever announced? I hope not because I've always hope that

the fan nickname Baret-Ta would become canon. I found it lolworthy anyway.

Her name's given in the CSE as Eli-Za.

I always pronounce it as Ellie-Zah for some reason.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby The Shadow Emperor » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:31 pm

misspuar wrote:The Fire Ant Council- Yes, I definitely remember seeing soon of them getting Egg-Grape'd. Fairly certain Deo Volente's name was among them.

Nope, Deo, Semper and Archimedes were all shown to be alive in #181's backup story. They were working with Helmut to support the resistance. Deo's the guy on the far left in the spoilered-because-of-size image below:

It appears the Fire Ants who perished in the Egg Grapes were all nameless.

misspuar wrote:Benedict recognizes Remmy- I have no proof of this but I always suspected that
Benedict knew Remmington's mom somehow. Either he was an ex-boyfriend, close friend/coworker or a blood relative, realized that her pregnancy coincided w/ Remmy's age (or was told/shown Remmy's egg) and decided to investigate further. Maybe he had better deductive reasoning skills that most echidnas and saw the strong family resemblance between Kragok or Remmy. On the whole, the echidna population seems about as observant as the civilians of Mobotropolis, but maybe Benedict's the one guy who thought to piece things together. Besides Finitevus of course but he's so crazy-smart I never lump him in w/ the rest of the echidna horde.

That can't be because Benedict was a robot created specifically so the Dark Legion could take control of Echidnaopolis politics. He wasn't around until long after Remington and his mother left the Twilight Cage...

HOWEVER: When Remington and Eli-Za escaped, they wound up in the company of the Brotherhood of Guardians...and I'd be willing to bet Moritori Rex was among them at the time as Tobor. I don't know why he wouldn't have told Kragok what happened to his son, but it's possible he let the Legion know about Remington's whereabouts after they escaped the Cage for the final time.
The Shadow Emperor

Postby Modochi » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:46 pm

Now that Rob and his child is gone... err missing in action. Wouldn't that mean that Amy is technically supposed to be the de facto ruler of Mercia/Derwood until he returns?
Modochi
BumbleCitizen

Postby Illustrious Q » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:26 pm

:shock:

Queen Amy Rose...

*faints*
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby Dejimon11 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:59 pm

Queen Amy Rose? i now have an idea for a fan fic :twisted:. But seriously it seems like Rob put Bow in charge for the time being
Dejimon11
BumbleNoble

Postby Mobotropolis » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:59 pm

Wouldn't that mean that Amy is technically supposed to be the de facto ruler of Mercia/Derwood until he returns?

It depends on whether there are any other blood relatives in Rob's line alive and if he appointed anyone to the position before leaving. It seems possible that he appointed Bow to be leader in his stead but that hasn't been directly stated. Just implied since Bow's the leader of the Freedom Fighters now and no one seems to contest his leadership.

I don't think Amy would take the throne, anyway. That'd mean she'd have to leave So- I mean Mobotropolis. :P
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:35 am

Mobotropolis wrote:
Wouldn't that mean that Amy is technically supposed to be the de facto ruler of Mercia/Derwood until he returns?

It depends on whether there are any other blood relatives in Rob's line alive and if he appointed anyone to the position before leaving. It seems possible that he appointed Bow to be leader in his stead but that hasn't been directly stated. Just implied since Bow's the leader of the Freedom Fighters now and no one seems to contest his leadership.

I don't think Amy would take the throne, anyway. That'd mean she'd have to leave So- I mean Mobotropolis. :P

And we all know that you wouldn't want her to leave you, right? :P

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Mobotropolis » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:36 am

Ian's just lucky he made her so likable.

If it was SegaSonic Amy I'd be asking if Sonic could make a pit stop in Mercia to drop her off. It's like a 4 second run for him. :roll:
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble

Postby TheFatPanda » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:16 am

Something which occurred to me while editing Mobius Encyclopedia, was the forgotten plotpoint/device/whatever you want to call it, of Sonic's universal translator, the one he got during his space voyage. It became a recurring thing for a little while afterward when he realized it was still imbedded in his head and he could understand Muttski with it. That was referred to for like two stories after that, and after that, it just kinda went by completely forgotten.

What's up with that?
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby Zack_GLC » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:18 am

TheFatPanda wrote:Something which occurred to me while editing Mobius Encyclopedia, was the forgotten plotpoint/device/whatever you want to call it, of Sonic's universal translator, the one he got during his space voyage. It became a recurring thing for a little while afterward when he realized it was still imbedded in his head and he could understand Muttski with it. That was referred to for like two stories after that, and after that, it just kinda went by completely forgotten.

What's up with that?

Ya that annoyed me too. I feel like that had alot of potential for stories.
Zack_GLC
BumbleNoble

Postby Modochi » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:47 pm

TheFatPanda wrote:Something which occurred to me while editing Mobius Encyclopedia, was the forgotten plotpoint/device/whatever you want to call it, of Sonic's universal translator, the one he got during his space voyage. It became a recurring thing for a little while afterward when he realized it was still imbedded in his head and he could understand Muttski with it. That was referred to for like two stories after that, and after that, it just kinda went by completely forgotten.

What's up with that?

Given that everyone on Mobius speaks common english (Except Mercia who is still a centure behind everyoen else), a trait that includes the Nerbs who lives isolated underground, there's really no need for it unless we need a story where Sonic has to relay on Mobinies to tell him what to do or some new alien race shows up.
Modochi
BumbleCitizen

Postby Illustrious Q » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:55 pm

When you think about it, shouldn't Sonic technically have died when the Roboticizer blew up on the Death Egg? What with that thing being attached to his skull, it probably should have blown up the second the waves hit it.

Of course there is the possibility that Sonic's immunity to said process protects not just him, but all technological components inside from from the effects.
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby NxtWaltDisney » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:32 pm

soooo...Sonic is like wolverine? Maybe?
NxtWaltDisney
BumbleClan

Postby Scruffy » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:36 pm

Illustrious Q wrote:When you think about it, shouldn't Sonic technically have died when the Roboticizer blew up on the Death Egg? What with that thing being attached to his skull, it probably should have blown up the second the waves hit it.

Of course there is the possibility that Sonic's immunity to said process protects not just him, but all technological components inside from from the effects.

Well, there's a few possible explanations for that. It could be Sonic's protective aura, like you said. Or maybe the implant isn't technological but more of a living symbiotic life-form, like a Bable fish. Didn't Doctor Quack say something about it having bonded in a productive way with his nervous system?

One other possible explanation is that being alien technology, it wasn't recognised by the roboticiser's anti-tech wave.
Scruffy
BumbleClan

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius