The Reprint Thread of DELAYED AGAIN and CANCELLED

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: The Graphic Novel Thread of Reprints

Postby CaleTheCat » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:09 pm

squeakyboots13 wrote:Looks like we're still getting Knuckles Archives Volume 4 despite recent events.

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/first ... 00-146398/


...Seriously? "The biggest pair of knuckles?!!"

...I could say some...questionable... joke, but I won't.

...At least not without warning.

Spoiler: show
Knuckles, meet Tails Doll.
User avatar
CaleTheCat
BumbleClan
 
Posts: 2878
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:30 pm
Location: Finland

Re: The Graphic Novel Thread of Reprints

Postby megabeatman » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:45 pm

Well I just got KA #4 in the mail a few moments ago. For the most part everything looks intact with names, characters, and concepts. Of course I did a quick skim though. Here is the cover of KA #5 but it's nothing to write home about. There is also no release date for KA #5 at this time in the book.

Spoiler: show
Image
User avatar
megabeatman
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 839
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:15 am

Re: The Graphic Novel Thread of Reprints

Postby GentlemanX » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:49 pm

Well, isn't that generic.
User avatar
GentlemanX
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1448
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:32 pm
Location: "i'm on a big blue ball!"

Re: The Graphic Novel Thread of Reprints

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:02 pm

Does it say what issues are collected in it?
User avatar
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen
 
Posts: 12370
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:12 pm
Location: Angel Grove, CA

Re: The Graphic Novel Thread of Reprints

Postby megabeatman » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:06 pm

#22-#27
User avatar
megabeatman
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 839
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:15 am

Re: The Graphic Novel Thread of Reprints

Postby TheFatPanda » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:07 pm

That cover is generic, and yet, I like it.

I can see why it's generic, mind you. Archie have been banning themselves from referencing Penders characters or concepts on their covers lately, and since a good 98% of the Knuckles series consists of just that, it was inevitable that they'd be extremely limited on stuff to work with.
User avatar
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen
 
Posts: 10343
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:24 pm
Location: The one with the tea and crumpets

Re: The Graphic Novel Thread of Reprints

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:53 pm

Merricks wrote:#22-#27


Oy. They could have just put #22-25 in volume 5 but no we need to needlessly break up a story. :roll:
User avatar
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen
 
Posts: 12370
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:12 pm
Location: Angel Grove, CA

Re: The Graphic Novel Thread of Reprints

Postby GentlemanX » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:38 pm

TheFatPanda wrote:That cover is generic, and yet, I like it.

I can see why it's generic, mind you. Archie have been banning themselves from referencing Penders characters or concepts on their covers lately, and since a good 98% of the Knuckles series consists of just that, it was inevitable that they'd be extremely limited on stuff to work with.

I know, but its just so blah. We just had a cover of Knuckles and the Chaotix for volume 3. Volume 4's cover only has Knuckles, but it looks epic with him in front of the fire like that. Compare that to this, no background whatsoever, just white space. That's just lazy. I'm hoping we're just seeing a rough draft and the final cover will have more.

...does Charmy even appear in any of these issues?

SonicBlueRanger wrote:
Merricks wrote:#22-#27


Oy. They could have just put #22-25 in volume 5 but no we need to needlessly break up a story. :roll:

I agree. Even if they don't skip 29 they'll have one book with one less issue. I'd rather have volume 5 be Sonic Archives length and volume 6 hold one extra issue (or just have it be normal length and leave out 29) than messing with the story arcs.
User avatar
GentlemanX
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1448
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:32 pm
Location: "i'm on a big blue ball!"

Re: The Graphic Novel Thread of Reprints

Postby SurrealBrain » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:43 pm

GentlemanX wrote:
TheFatPanda wrote:That cover is generic, and yet, I like it.

I can see why it's generic, mind you. Archie have been banning themselves from referencing Penders characters or concepts on their covers lately, and since a good 98% of the Knuckles series consists of just that, it was inevitable that they'd be extremely limited on stuff to work with.

I know, but its just so blah. We just had a cover of Knuckles and the Chaotix for volume 3. Volume 4's cover only has Knuckles, but it looks epic with him in front of the fire like that. Compare that to this, no background whatsoever, just white space. That's just lazy. I'm hoping we're just seeing a rough draft and the final cover will have more.

...does Charmy even appear in any of these issues?

SonicBlueRanger wrote:
Merricks wrote:#22-#27


Oy. They could have just put #22-25 in volume 5 but no we need to needlessly break up a story. :roll:

I agree. Even if they don't skip 29 they'll have one book with one less issue. I'd rather have volume 5 be Sonic Archives length and volume 6 hold one extra issue (or just have it be normal length and leave out 29) than messing with the story arcs.

It's not like it's the first time they've done this. Sonic Archives Vol. 12 and 13, anyone?
User avatar
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan
 
Posts: 3621
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:48 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: The Graphic Novel Thread of Reprints

Postby TheFatPanda » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:58 am

I honestly think the last KA will fill up that remaining space with the Knuckles story from SSS#14. That just seems the most logical step to me.
User avatar
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen
 
Posts: 10343
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:24 pm
Location: The one with the tea and crumpets

Re: The Graphic Novel Thread of Reprints

Postby SurrealBrain » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:04 am

TheFatPanda wrote:I honestly think the last KA will fill up that remaining space with the Knuckles story from SSS#14. That just seems the most logical step to me.

Or perhaps they might be a little goofy and put the Knuckles-centered stories from the comics afterward in volumes that might not exist otherwise. I know I'm stretching it, but you never know...
User avatar
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan
 
Posts: 3621
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:48 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: The Graphic Novel Thread of Reprints

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:19 am

SurrealBrain wrote:
TheFatPanda wrote:I honestly think the last KA will fill up that remaining space with the Knuckles story from SSS#14. That just seems the most logical step to me.

Or perhaps they might be a little goofy and put the Knuckles-centered stories from the comics afterward in volumes that might not exist otherwise. I know I'm stretching it, but you never know...


I say Volume 7 will just be the entiredy of the Green Knuckles Saga since from what I hear it has jack all to do with anything anyway.
User avatar
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen
 
Posts: 12370
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:12 pm
Location: Angel Grove, CA

Re: The Graphic Novel Thread of Reprints

Postby TheFatPanda » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:40 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:
SurrealBrain wrote:
TheFatPanda wrote:I honestly think the last KA will fill up that remaining space with the Knuckles story from SSS#14. That just seems the most logical step to me.

Or perhaps they might be a little goofy and put the Knuckles-centered stories from the comics afterward in volumes that might not exist otherwise. I know I'm stretching it, but you never know...


I say Volume 7 will just be the entiredy of the Green Knuckles Saga since from what I hear it has jack all to do with anything anyway.


Not entirely. A portion of it ties in quite heavily with what goes on in #101 and #108, with the reality warping and the abnormality that brings the original Robotnik back being a direct result of Knuckles messing about with the past.
User avatar
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen
 
Posts: 10343
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:24 pm
Location: The one with the tea and crumpets

Re: The Graphic Novel Thread of Reprints

Postby son665 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:49 pm

squeakyboots13 wrote:Looks like we're still getting Knuckles Archives Volume 4 despite recent events.

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/first ... 00-146398/

What recent events?
son665
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:32 pm

Re: The Graphic Novel Thread of Reprints

Postby NiTROACTiVE » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:51 pm

son665 wrote:
squeakyboots13 wrote:Looks like we're still getting Knuckles Archives Volume 4 despite recent events.

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/first ... 00-146398/

What recent events?

The events with the Ken Penders Vs. Archie Comics court case. There's a thread called "The Strange Case of Cut Content (Spoilers)" that talks about it.
User avatar
NiTROACTiVE
BumbleClan
 
Posts: 3712
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:53 pm
Location: United States

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests