The Reprint Thread of DELAYED AGAIN and CANCELLED

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: The Graphic Novel Thread of Reprints

Postby TheFatPanda » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:39 am

The solicit for Sonic Saga #3, and it's completely thrown my above theory out of whack.

SONIC SAGA SERIES 3: EGGMAN EMPIRE (TR)
Sonic’s epic adventures aren’t just stories—they’re SAGAS! Blast into the action at Sonic speed with the continuation of the all-new Sonic Saga graphic novel series! Sonic and Dr. Eggman have dueled for over ten years now, but all the while the heroic Freedom Fighters have enjoyed the safety and comfort of Knothole since its humble beginnings as a village to its prosperous days as a city. All that is about to change, however, as the mad doctor is ready to step up his game. "Eggman Empire" is the story of evil triumphing over good and the heroes' struggle to fight back. As Dr. Eggman unleashes all of his might against our heroes, will they be able to endure? When down to the last hedgehog, can there still be hope for a happy ending? SONIC SAGA 3 collects selected stories from Sonic the Hedgehog #170-176.

Script: Ian Flynn
Art: Patrick "SPAZ" Spaziante, Tracy Yardley!, James Fry, Tania Del Rio, Gary Bedell, Jim Amash, Rich Koslowski, John Workman, Josh & Aimee Ray, and Jason Jensen
Cover: Patrick “SPAZ” Spaziante
Shipping Date: 6/7
978-1-936975-53-2
$11.99/$13.99CAN
6 5/8 x 10 3/16”
Trade Paperback
112pp, Full Color
Direct Market On-sale: 6/26

Selections from #170-176. Sooooo... Ant and Bunnie's proposal and marriage, the first two chapters of the Eggman Empire arc, and what I can only presume is the Misfit Badnik story that was missed out in volume 2.

Wait something's not right here: Tania Del Rio is listed in the art credits, and the only story she had a part in during those issues was the Amy and Julie-Su story. But we already had that story in volume 2...

Yeah, I have no idea what these books are doing anymore.
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby squeakyboots13 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:52 am

So we're not even getting the full arc in this book? Really? Okay, let me try to figure this out. It looks like we're getting all of 173-176 and the Misfit Badniks story from 170. I think they could squeeze 177 in there if they wanted to. The first two books got a fifth issue in. Or... they could skip the See Ya Later Chao story (and include that with House of Cards) and have plenty of room for 177.

Including Tania Del Rio in those credits was probably an error.
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:25 pm

TheFatPanda wrote:The solicit for Sonic Saga #3, and it's completely thrown my above theory out of whack.

SONIC SAGA SERIES 3: EGGMAN EMPIRE (TR)
Sonic’s epic adventures aren’t just stories—they’re SAGAS! Blast into the action at Sonic speed with the continuation of the all-new Sonic Saga graphic novel series! Sonic and Dr. Eggman have dueled for over ten years now, but all the while the heroic Freedom Fighters have enjoyed the safety and comfort of Knothole since its humble beginnings as a village to its prosperous days as a city. All that is about to change, however, as the mad doctor is ready to step up his game. "Eggman Empire" is the story of evil triumphing over good and the heroes' struggle to fight back. As Dr. Eggman unleashes all of his might against our heroes, will they be able to endure? When down to the last hedgehog, can there still be hope for a happy ending? SONIC SAGA 3 collects selected stories from Sonic the Hedgehog #170-176.

Script: Ian Flynn
Art: Patrick "SPAZ" Spaziante, Tracy Yardley!, James Fry, Tania Del Rio, Gary Bedell, Jim Amash, Rich Koslowski, John Workman, Josh & Aimee Ray, and Jason Jensen
Cover: Patrick “SPAZ” Spaziante
Shipping Date: 6/7
978-1-936975-53-2
$11.99/$13.99CAN
6 5/8 x 10 3/16”
Trade Paperback
112pp, Full Color
Direct Market On-sale: 6/26

Selections from #170-176. Sooooo... Ant and Bunnie's proposal and marriage, the first two chapters of the Eggman Empire arc, and what I can only presume is the Misfit Badnik story that was missed out in volume 2.

Wait something's not right here: Tania Del Rio is listed in the art credits, and the only story she had a part in during those issues was the Amy and Julie-Su story. But we already had that story in volume 2...

Yeah, I have no idea what these books are doing anymore.

I'm wondering about Gary Bedell myself. I don't have volume 2 but the footnote in #168's backup drawn by Bedell (Thankfully the only one) was listed as happening before Order to Chaos so I'd hope it was printed first in that trade.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby PC the Hedgehog » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:00 pm

Personally, I'd be really happy if they just did the standard "4 issues per volume" in order instead of jumping around like this. Keep it simple.
PC the Hedgehog
BumbleNoble

Postby CiNozzo » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:01 pm

They should have thrown the Sonic Free Comic Book Day 2007 in it :(
CiNozzo
BumbleFan

Postby Matt7325 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:43 am

PC the Hedgehog wrote:Personally, I'd be really happy if they just did the standard "4 issues per volume" in order instead of jumping around like this. Keep it simple.

CiNozzo wrote:They should have thrown the Sonic Free Comic Book Day 2007 in it :(

Agreed to both. It kinda defeats the purpose of a "saga" reprint if we're only getting 2/3 of the story. If this is how they're going to do them, Archie may as well have just skipped ahead and started publishing them at Archives #42 or whichever number it'll be.
Matt7325
BumbleKnight

Postby TheFatPanda » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:18 pm

CiNozzo wrote:They should have thrown the Sonic Free Comic Book Day 2007 in it :(

Spoiler: show
I personally have a theory that it'll be included in a future Select along side SU#50, the whole book being showcased as Metal Sonic themed volume.
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby Matt7325 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:35 am

TheFatPanda wrote:
I personally have a theory that it'll be included in a future Select along side SU#50, the whole book being showcased as Metal Sonic themed volume.

I could see that. Maybe not a Select, but a volume of Sonic Universe that collects FCBD 2007, #45, #50, and the Sonic Universe epilogue whenever it's released.
Matt7325
BumbleKnight

Postby Big Al Son » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:18 am

I have an idea why 177 is being left for Sonic Saga Volume 4: House of Cards. The volume would centre around our heroes and citizens new life in New Mobotropolis, mainly the civil war and change in the government. And also the breaking point between Sonic and Tails. 177 was the first issue that was full on New Mobotropolis, 176 only featured the city in the last 5 pages.

Volume 3: Eggman Empire is more focused on Eggman's destruction on Knothole and the lead-in. 176 makes a great cliffhanger into the next volume. I think that why they selected the issues for specify GNs, is due to the focus story point of the novel.
Big Al Son
BumbleKnight

Postby TheFatPanda » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:29 pm

Matt7325 wrote:
TheFatPanda wrote:

...and the Sonic Universe epilogue whenever it's released.

...Sonic Universe epilogue of what?
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby TheSonicUnderground » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:37 pm

TheFatPanda wrote:
Matt7325 wrote:
TheFatPanda wrote:

...and the Sonic Universe epilogue whenever it's released.

...Sonic Universe epilogue of what?

Sonic Underground.
TheSonicUnderground
KER-BANNED!

Postby TheFatPanda » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:38 pm

TheSonicUnderground wrote:Sonic Underground.

Oh of course. Duh... P;
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby squeakyboots13 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:55 am

Looks like we're still getting Knuckles Archives Volume 4 despite recent events.

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/first ... 00-146398/
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

Postby SurrealBrain » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:06 pm

squeakyboots13 wrote:Looks like we're still getting Knuckles Archives Volume 4 despite recent events.

That's good to hear...but I'll be the cynic and say that I'm not sure if it's final.
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan

Postby ShadowBat20 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:29 pm

squeakyboots13 wrote:Looks like we're still getting Knuckles Archives Volume 4 despite recent events.

"Please Guardian! I beg you to reconsider!" "Nah!"

Why is that so funny to me? :(hearty laughter):
ShadowBat20
BumbleClan

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius