The Archie Sonic comics... in French

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: The GENESIS saga...in french

Postby Adamis » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:13 pm

Knuckles isn't in that book but he's in another one. She's not Knuckles. She's the princess of an echidna tribe on Angel Island. Kinda like Tikal, but Aluçion appeared earlier.
User avatar
Adamis
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1511
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:11 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: The GENESIS saga...in french

Postby TheFatPanda » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:18 pm

Meliden wrote:Oh, then it must be a UK thing then. Our comic industry has all but shrivelled up with only the most major of publications surviving.


When you say our comic industry has died out, does that go spicifically for publications that rely entirely on comic content, like the Beano and the Dandy, or does that expand over to magazines that have comics as part of their featured content, like Nitro, Toxic, etc.?
User avatar
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen
 
Posts: 10343
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:24 pm
Location: The one with the tea and crumpets

Re: The GENESIS saga...in french

Postby Meliden » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:05 pm

TheFatPanda wrote:
Meliden wrote:Oh, then it must be a UK thing then. Our comic industry has all but shrivelled up with only the most major of publications surviving.


When you say our comic industry has died out, does that go spicifically for publications that rely entirely on comic content, like the Beano and the Dandy, or does that expand over to magazines that have comics as part of their featured content, like Nitro, Toxic, etc.?


I mean exclusively comic content. Nowadays most strips are either found in magazines, as you pointed out, or newspaper strips, which are almost an entirely different ball game.
User avatar
Meliden
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 6019
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: ベクエス

Re: The GENESIS saga...in french

Postby ReifuTD » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:11 pm

Meliden wrote:
TheFatPanda wrote:
Meliden wrote:Oh, then it must be a UK thing then. Our comic industry has all but shrivelled up with only the most major of publications surviving.


When you say our comic industry has died out, does that go spicifically for publications that rely entirely on comic content, like the Beano and the Dandy, or does that expand over to magazines that have comics as part of their featured content, like Nitro, Toxic, etc.?


I mean exclusively comic content. Nowadays most strips are either found in magazines, as you pointed out, or newspaper strips, which are almost an entirely different ball game.


Do they have magazines for comics? From what I understand about Japan they don't tend to sell comic/manga as individual issues. Individual issues are sold in magazines with other Manga/Comics. When theres enought issues they sell the Manga in trades. So diffent places do differnt things.
User avatar
ReifuTD
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 5964
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:29 pm

Re: The GENESIS saga...in french

Postby OncleSam » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:23 pm

Comics turn good in france , but the most I can see is DC comics , Marvel , and the general comic lines . Not much to the " game comic adapations " like Sonic ( I have never seen ONE Sonic Comic in france to this date )

I really hope that this is a " test " to see if it would sell okay ! To bad no-one really knows about it ... I'm trying my best to spread the word though !
User avatar
OncleSam
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 689
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:59 pm
Location: France

Re: The GENESIS saga...in french

Postby shigamado » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:52 pm

I hear the Sonic comic in France is called "The brave, mighty hero Antione". :P
User avatar
shigamado
BumbleClan
 
Posts: 2918
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 1:37 pm

Re: The GENESIS saga...in french

Postby Ian Flynn » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:03 pm

OncleSam wrote:Comics turn good in france , but the most I can see is DC comics , Marvel , and the general comic lines . Not much to the " game comic adapations " like Sonic ( I have never seen ONE Sonic Comic in france to this date )

I really hope that this is a " test " to see if it would sell okay ! To bad no-one really knows about it ... I'm trying my best to spread the word though !

Not that I'm even remotely versed in comics abroad, but in terms of videogame-based comics, I know there's been a fair amount of stuff for the Wakfu MMO. I don't know how wide-spread it is, though.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing
 
Posts: 5837
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:11 pm

Re: The GENESIS saga...in french

Postby Adamis » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:06 pm

Mostly in France/Belgium, as it is a french product. They've recently released a Wakfu "manga". There are also a few other comics, the cartoon, the games...lots of cross-media.
User avatar
Adamis
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1511
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:11 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: The GENESIS saga...in french

Postby TheFatPanda » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:19 pm

ReifuTD wrote:Do they have magazines for comics? From what I understand about Japan they don't tend to sell comic/manga as individual issues. Individual issues are sold in magazines with other Manga/Comics. When theres enought issues they sell the Manga in trades. So diffent places do differnt things.


Some do...

Depends on the demographic. For instance, the comic stories that run in every issue of the monthly Doctor Who Magazine eventually get reprinted in an oversized graphic novel. But comics that run in kids magazines are mostly just one off stories that last roughly 3 to 4 pages, so there's never enough meterial worth compiling in a book.

About Japanese magazines, I wish we'de take a cue from them on how to package free gifts. In the UK, kids magazines have a cheap free gift attached to the front cover with a long strip of tape. You have to take the tape off really delicately so as to not rip or scuff the cover, and even when that's done succesfully there's always a sticky residue left behind which sticks to everything.
From what I've seen, Japanese magazines just sandwich the gift in the middle of the book, even something thats big and chunky, and hold it in with a couple of elestic bands around the book.
User avatar
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen
 
Posts: 10343
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:24 pm
Location: The one with the tea and crumpets

Re: The GENESIS saga...in french

Postby TheFatPanda » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:53 pm

Relevent bump:

Image

Again, I'll be very interested to see how they're going to handle the easing back into the main canon in a country where the Archie books arn't published.
User avatar
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen
 
Posts: 10343
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:24 pm
Location: The one with the tea and crumpets

Re: The GENESIS saga...in french

Postby OncleSam » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:24 pm

TheFatPanda wrote:Relevent bump:

Image

Again, I'll be very interested to see how they're going to handle the easing back into the main canon in a country where the Archie books arn't published.


Release date still novembre ? Technically we won't see anything of the " normal archie world " since the issue ends in the white-out caused by Super Sonic . But that will create one heck of a cliffhanger .
User avatar
OncleSam
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 689
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:59 pm
Location: France

Re: The GENESIS saga...in french

Postby TheFatPanda » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:57 pm

OncleSam wrote:Release date still novembre ? Technically we won't see anything of the " normal archie world " since the issue ends in the white-out caused by Super Sonic . But that will create one heck of a cliffhanger .


But we will see the "normal Arche world": The flashbacks.
User avatar
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen
 
Posts: 10343
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:24 pm
Location: The one with the tea and crumpets

Re: The GENESIS saga...in french

Postby CaleTheCat » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:11 am

Adamis wrote:Also, Princess Aluçion... :(hearty laughter): heh, I find her very funny. Too bad they didn't continue that book, we would have had another, curious continuity :)

Image


Wait a minute... That hair... SILVER?!

Anyway, about this comic situtation in different countries, I think we're pretty okay here in Finland...We got StH & Mega Man in original english, but mostly comics from abroad are translated in finnish, like Spider-Man for example. It's quite interesting to read... Maybe I'll try upload some pages here. We also got some quite good comic strip series, like B. Virtanen, Viivi & Wagner...But with out doubt our THE most favorite comic book is Donald Duck(or in finnish: Aku Ankka.)
User avatar
CaleTheCat
BumbleClan
 
Posts: 2878
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:30 pm
Location: Finland

Re: The GENESIS saga...in french

Postby Adamis » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:15 pm

Wait a minute... That hair... SILVER?!


Feathers.
User avatar
Adamis
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1511
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:11 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: The GENESIS saga...in french

Postby Adamis » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:28 pm

The second book will be released on November 21st and is said to be the last issue... but what's stranger is the updated cover, found on Delcourt's website :

Image
User avatar
Adamis
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1511
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:11 pm
Location: Belgium

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest