The Archie Sonic comics... in French

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: The GENESIS saga...in french

Postby TheFatPanda » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:49 pm

TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby Adamis » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:46 pm

Are they really skipping all the crossover...
Adamis
BumbleNoble

Postby Ryannumber1gamer » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:49 pm

Adamis wrote:Are they really skipping all the crossover...

I suppose to be fair, they didn't want to waste time having to explain the Mega Man side and all that.
Ryannumber1gamer
BumbleNoble

Postby squeakyboots13 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:07 pm

Unless they also have the license to Mega Man, they'd have to.

Wonder how they would work around that when explaining how the Super Genesis Wave happened? Or would they just ignore it and tell you to read a book they aren't releasing?
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

Postby TheFatPanda » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:18 pm

There's still a couple of things to take into account here:

-The covers aren't always an indication of what issues are in them.
-They still need to do the last two parts of Endangered Species.

We're currently assuming this will be the beginning of the reboot universe based purely on the cover art, but as we've seen, the books have mixed up the cover art before (the second volume, printing the second half of the Genesis saga, used 239's cover art instead).

If it is the beginning of the reboot, then that would mean they're skipping over the rest of Endangered Species. Now we know Delcourt haven't shied away from skipping stuff (Antoine being blown up led to Sonic, Tails and Amy going off on their own adventure...somehow. Not even telling the audience whether Ant survived or not for that matter) but would they really skip ahead smack-dab in the middle of a four-part arc like this?

And you know what else is cluing me into the possibility that this book is the finale of ES? The title. The translation I'm getting for it on my translator app is none other than the old saying "An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth", most commonly associated with revenge, which is exactly what Thrash is getting his much desired dose of in ES.

squeakyboots13 wrote:

Wonder how they would work around that when explaining how the Super Genesis Wave happened? Or would they just ignore it and tell you to read a book they aren't releasing?

They'll either just remove the footnotes altogether and not make any effort to explain anything (the books are already no stranger to that), or they'll take a similar approach to what Panini did with the German version by turning the footnotes into brief explanations ("Sonic just got back from a reality-altering adventure").
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby Ryannumber1gamer » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:40 pm

TheFatPanda wrote:There's still a couple of things to take into account here:

-The covers aren't always an indication of what issues are in them.
-They still need to do the last two parts of Endangered Species.

We're currently assuming this will be the beginning of the reboot universe based purely on the cover art, but as we've seen, the books have mixed up the cover art before (the second volume, printing the second half of the Genesis saga, used 239's cover art instead).

If it is the beginning of the reboot, then that would mean they're skipping over the rest of Endangered Species. Now we know Delcourt haven't shied away from skipping stuff (Antoine being blown up led to Sonic, Tails and Amy going off on their own adventure...somehow. Not even telling the audience whether Ant survived or not for that matter) but would they really skip ahead smack-dab in the middle of a four-part arc like this?

And you know what else is cluing me into the possibility that this book is the finale of ES? The title. The translation I'm getting for it on my translator app is none other than the old saying "An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth", most commonly associated with revenge, which is exactly what Thrash is getting his much desired dose of in ES.

squeakyboots13 wrote:

They'll either just remove the footnotes altogether and not make any effort to explain anything (the books are already no stranger to that), or they'll take a similar approach to what Panini did with the German version by turning the footnotes into brief explanations ("Sonic just got back from a reality-altering adventure").

Speaking of which, is the German one still going or has that ended?
Ryannumber1gamer
BumbleNoble

Postby TheFatPanda » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:47 pm

It ended. Halfway through Endangered Species.
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby Ryannumber1gamer » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:56 pm

Maybe they should just bring it over to the UK already. Y'know, considering that's where Sonic's considered most popular
Ryannumber1gamer
BumbleNoble

Postby OncleSam » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:55 pm

My god this has become some mess. I mean seriously how can they make money off of that ? Where did they get the rights to translate and sell the comics ? This is insane. I fell like it is a waste of print, time, and resources to just blatantly get random issues in the wild like that.

Ok sure, they can't sure start reprinting everything since Issue 0 but it would make more sense then this ...
OncleSam
BumbleKnight

Postby Meliden » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:04 pm

Eye for Eye, Tooth for Tooth is what it literally translates to for me. Noticed that when it was first posted.

Strangely, without the a's and an's, it sounds less like a moral standpoint and more like a trade regulation.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby FritzyBeat » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:41 pm

TheFatPanda wrote:It ended. Halfway through Endangered Species.

Kinda like my interest in the comic :(hearty laughter):
*is ruthlessly bricked to death*

And to be fair to the translators, with all the crossovers and reboots and stuff happening right now, I have no idea where on earth I would start translating either. =P
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

Postby Adamis » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:10 pm

Got the book today. It contains the last two parts of "Endangered species" and the first part of..."Friend in deed", which makes absolutely no sense.
Adamis
BumbleNoble

Postby Meliden » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:32 pm

Adamis wrote:Got the book today. It contains the last two parts of "Endangered species" and the first part of..."Friend in deed", which makes absolutely no sense.

Is that the one I'm thinking of? Because it'd be hilarious if they cancelled the French translations now to pretend Espio killed the last of the Echidnas to turn endangered into extinct.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby Adamis » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:57 pm

It's the one you're thinking about.
Adamis
BumbleNoble

Postby TheFatPanda » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:35 pm

Is there an ad for an eighth book in the back, Adamis?
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius