Ask Ian for October '07 - Witty Title Pending

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby GrandMasterGalvatron » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:45 pm

Very nice. I appreciate the answers thus far. :)

Something else I've been wondering about as far as Sega's involvement on things is about Mighty. I see he's featured quite a bit in the comics, but is MIA in the games. Is Mighty officially comic exclusive at this point?

Also, I'm not sure if this question falls in your jurisdiction or whatever, so if not, please direct me to the right person/group. Has there been any word from Sega about a SA style design upgrade for Mighty (like what Espio, Charmy, and Vector got)? Would you guys be interested in pursuing such a thing, or are you content with adding eye color to the original look.

Lastly (for now), there's Tails Super State. Will we be seeing Turbo Tails for the foreseeable future, or will there be a shift toward Super Tails (at the very least, his Heroes incarnation, if not something similar to the original).
GrandMasterGalvatron
BumbleKnight

Postby Oceanwind » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:02 pm

1. Does Shadow know that Gerald used Black Doom's blood to create him? I don't think Gerald ever actually tells him. He just says that Black Doom helped him create Shadow, and that he gave Shadow the ability to use Chaos Control.

2. I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but will Dark Super Sonic ever appear in the Sonic X comic?
Oceanwind
BumbleFan

Postby Ze Nuvakat » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:17 pm

How does a typical day in your life play out? (I want to write for the Sonic comics someday and would like to know what I can expect.)
Ze Nuvakat
KER-BANNED!

Postby Adamis » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:01 pm

1. Hope this is not very spoiler-ish: will the Freedom Fighters be involved in the Enerjak saga?

2. Will we ever see Soleanna in the comic? Or even mentionned?

3. Are the events of Secret Rings canon in the comic continuity?

4. What is your favorite Sonic game that came out recently? (Rivals? Riders? Rush 1/2? Secret Rings? Sonic the Hedgehog?...)
Adamis
BumbleNoble

Postby Snix » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:56 pm

I missed out on alot of back issues when they were first released, so when I started reading StH again... I was a bit confused with the whole Eggman thing.

1) What happened to Robotnik in issue 50? I assume he was killed?

2) Something about Metal Eggman and metal Snivley?

That's all I have for now.
Snix
BumbleFan

Postby Lynnear Wolf » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:38 pm

Snix wrote:1) What happened to Robotnik in issue 50? I assume he was killed?

The Ultimate Annialator went-off and supposedly killed Robotnik and almost got Sonic, but all you really see is everything white-out, so his true fate is left in the air.
Snix wrote:2) Something about Metal Eggman and metal Snivley?

Sonic, Tails, Eggman and Snivley were abducted by Bem who turned Sonic and Tails to Mecha Sonic/Tails, Eggman and Snivley to flesh and pitted them against eachother to determine whether metalic or organic was superior. Sonic and Tails won easily and as punishment for losing, they were all restored to flesh and returned to Mobius.
Last edited by Lynnear Wolf on Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lynnear Wolf
BumbleKnight

Postby GrandMasterGalvatron » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:17 am

Oceanwind wrote:
2. I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but will Dark Super Sonic ever appear in the Sonic X comic?

IIRC, no because the comic will not go to the Metarex saga.

However, I would like to know if Sega has given you guys an official name for that form.
GrandMasterGalvatron
BumbleKnight

Postby Snix » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:29 am

Okay.... why were Eggman and Snivley metal to begin with?
Snix
BumbleFan

Postby Lynnear Wolf » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:45 am

Snix wrote:Okay.... why were Eggman and Snivley metal to begin with?

Eggman was metal because, in his dimension/reality, he was losing to the FF. To try and win, he roboticized himself and assumidly beat all but CyborgSonic. After the Borg issue, parts of it were scattered around the dimensions, one ending-up with CyberSonic and To-Be Eggman. Eggman found the piece and used it to create a replacement robotic body for himself, after-which he blew-up the Acorn Kingdom/Family in his reality and jumped-ship to the original Sonic's reality (Mobius Prime) after he found-out Robotnik was 'dead' and has been there since.
Lynnear Wolf
BumbleKnight

Postby 2tailed » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:34 pm

Ian:
1. Loved how you and Tracy worked the Launch Base into #181, but since we hadn't seen it before, I'm wondering: Who built it? How did it get there?
2. Will we ever see Feist's backstory? Basically nothing is known about this guy except that he's Lord of the Special Zone of Silence.
3. Do you think there's a reason why Monkey Khan apparently gave up on taking his revenge on Robotnik [and the Overlanders from Space] other than "the writers stopped caring"?
4. Sooo...Hope Kintobor: blasted to smithereens by Snively or happily living in Station Square or some such human place? When will we get to see her fate?
5. Does the Eggman ever build anything these days that isn't based on sea creatures?
Last edited by 2tailed on Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2tailed
BumbleKnight

Postby SweetChastity » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:46 pm

1. What do you mean by canon?

2. Are the changes to Angel Island also to get it to resemble its state in the games?

3. Is Komi-Ko one of the echidnas who are dead?

4. Did his mother recognize him when he came as Enerjax (yes I'm spelling it that way on purpose, Enerjak + Knux = Enerjax; been discussing the issues with enough people its easier for me to just say Enerjax when I'm refering to Knuckles/Enerjak)?

5. Are Sally and Sonic ever gonna get back together or is their break-up a result of Sega wanting Sonic's bachelor status to match with his game self?
SweetChastity
BumbleFan

Postby Kureejii Lea » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:36 pm

SweetChastity wrote:1. What do you mean by canon?

Canon refers to the established standards, facts and events within a particular continuity.

5. Are Sally and Sonic ever gonna get back together or is their break-up a result of Sega wanting Sonic's bachelor status to match with his game self?

Their breakup was the choice of the writers at the time. Had Sega ordered it to make Sonic single, then he wouldn't have been with Fiona afterwards.
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween

Postby SweetChastity » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:59 pm

Kureejii Lea wrote:
SweetChastity wrote:1. What do you mean by canon?

Canon refers to the established standards, facts and events within a particular continuity.

Their breakup was the choice of the writers at the time. Had Sega ordered it to make Sonic single, then he wouldn't have been with Fiona afterwards.

Thanks for replying!

I was given to believe, or hallucinate, that Fiona was meant from the beginning to be a temporary love interest of Sonics and that nothing permanent would come from it. Kind of like Mina Mongoose except that was, or seemed, completely one sided.

I think small romances for Sonic would be permitted in the comic as long as they don't get too serious and I wonder if Sally and Sonic became too serious for Sega. He has some time with Princess Elise and then the female genie of the ring (not sure if there was any hint of romance in it) and of course Amy's always around.
SweetChastity
BumbleFan

Postby Kureejii Lea » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:10 am

No problem, but please keep in mind (and this goes for everyone) that this thread is not for discussion.

Don't make me go angry mod here, guys.
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween

Postby SweetChastity » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:14 am

Kureejii Lea wrote:No problem, but please keep in mind (and this goes for everyone) that this thread is not for discussion.

Don't make me go angry mod here, guys.

Sorry about that. I think my question 5 is one that can't be found in the comics and only the writers/artists know for sure.
SweetChastity
BumbleFan

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius