Sonic Dreams

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Sonic Dreams

Postby NiTROACTiVE » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:23 pm

Tango the Hedgehog wrote:Small SU #66 spoiler.
Spoiler: show
That's... surprisingly close to what actually happened. :shock:

Spoiler: show
So there was a subplot that was completely unrelated and irrelevant to the story arc as well as a bit where Knuckles went underwater in the caves to get the caves to drain somehow? That's something alright, but in my dream, it showed a subplot that barely had anything to do with the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise, and it also took up most of the issue. So I should have been a bit more specific in my last post on this thread.
NiTROACTiVE
BumbleClan

Postby Axel T Rat » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:19 pm

I got a brief one just now. I was driving down the road from where I work to a hot dog (more than likely of the chili variety) place and who should I see working at the register but Fiona Fox. I'm happy to see her and act as if we've met before and she's like "Oh hey...been a while.". She doesn't smile or anything. She's just there as if she obviously doesn't like her job. I'm tempted to talk to her more, but I decide to just get me an order than leave. So here's the really weird part. As I'm leaving, basically the entire restaurant starts looking like its running off the Banjo Kazooie game engine, complete with similar character designs. There's even a little display in the corner showing how many "Jiggys" I got. Not much else to say besides that as the rest of the dream went elsewhere and wasn't that Sonic related at all.
Axel T Rat
BumbleKnight

Postby StoryMaker » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:23 pm

Ha ha, it's good to see Fiona is getting along fine in the Waffle Dimension Diner, even if she hates her job... xD

I recently had a dream where Sonic 3D Blast had a ton of playable characters, like Charmy Bee and Mighty the Armadillo. I remember playing Charmy and discovering he had lots of cool special moves. And I seem to remember Mighty looked goofy, and somewhere in the corner of the mind I knew Mighty shouldn't be here because he only appeared in SegaSonic Arcade and Knuckles Chaotix, but it never really became a conscious thought until I awoke. And there was this pink hippo in the game, or something...
StoryMaker
BumbleFan

Postby ShadowBat20 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:04 pm

Had a dream awhile back that Lost Hedgehog Tales was released. I remember excitedly reading through it and being amazed by all the storylines. Can't remember the details any of it, but I vaguely remember that it talked about an epic battle between Sonic and Finitevus.
ShadowBat20
BumbleClan

Postby SurrealBrain » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:39 pm

I had an odd dream with a really strange house with a child wandering about it, and walking on nothing as though it were stairs, talking to a suspicious cat-like figure. It's not Sonic related, but when I woke up, I decided to have it continue with Sonic and a few others investigating the place, while looking for an enemy, and being baffled in the process. Sort of a daydream after waking up.
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan

Postby StoryMaker » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:33 pm

SurrealBrain wrote:I had an odd dream with a really strange house with a child wandering about it, and walking on nothing as though it were stairs, talking to a suspicious cat-like figure. It's not Sonic related, but when I woke up, I decided to have it continue with Sonic and a few others investigating the place, while looking for an enemy, and being baffled in the process. Sort of a daydream after waking up.

Yeah, I can relate to forming a dream into a story after waking up.
StoryMaker
BumbleFan

Postby TheFatPanda » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:50 am

The other night I briefly dreamt that I was playing a really glitchy version of Sonic Adventure.

Playing as Sonic, I started outside the entrance to Twinkle Park, and Big was standing behind me. I ran forward into the road, I looked back to see that Big had only moved forward a little, as if he started following me but stopped.

Wondering around the front-of-the-station area in Station Square, I randomly decided to charge up a Light Speed Dash, but I was surprised to see that I could only do an ordinary Spindash: odd because Sonic was clearly wearing his light speed shoes (as well as his crystal ring). I fooled around some more: I went over to that corner between the beach and the front of the hotel and charged up another Spindash and...what-the-what?! I suddenly started flying upward, still in mid-charge, as if the spinning was making me hover. I moved out of bounds, phasing through the hotel wall. I feel back down but I was still behind the wall, but after a bit of aggressive running at the invisible barrier between the main field and the beach, I was able to escape. But the moment I did that, Sonic changed into Eggman in his Egg Mobile! I was able to move around like normal, but the Egg Mobile was doing a weird "freakout" animation, like the sort it'd make if it got struck a final blow in a boss battle. As Eggman, I went over to that little area outside the station where the hint orb floats, it was there, but it kept phasing in and out of the wall.

Next I went into the station, Eggman was still wigging out in his Egg Mobile. I suddenly thought to myself "actually I should explore the rest of Station Square before I see what kind of glitchtacular adventure awaits me in the Mystic Ruins". With the intention of heading to the city hall area next, I went back out the station entrance. I turned back into Sonic, but I didn't come out at the beach as would be normal, I came out, instead to this really cheap looking area with a cityscape in the distance that had a wibbly mirage effect to it.

Aaaaand that's where the dream ended.
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby Axel T Rat » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:13 am

Well here's one I had just recently that I'm going to share just before I head out on vacation. I was reading the Endangered Species arc where it had different staff on board. Someone else was handling the writing, but Dawn Best was back to doing the artwork. However, the writer also experienced the same problem with having to remove the Penders characters less than mid-way into the arc. The Sonic Grams were devoted just to complaining about that arc and having poorly drawn fan-art with Knuckles chasing Thrash who had his friends/family trapped in the Master Emerald. In the rest of the arc proper, Mina and Ash actually made an appearance and even got to use super forms. Didn't get to see Ash proper, but Mina's was basically this magical girl style looked called "Turquoise Brilliance Ray". I was hyped for this, but at the same time thought that name stunk.
Axel T Rat
BumbleKnight

Postby Tango the Hedgehog » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:34 pm

I had a strange one last night. I was sitting by my bedroom window sometime in the afternoon, staring out. Suddenly, Ian Flynn and Tracy Yardley went marching past outside, leading a rope as a line of preschool kids trailed along behind them, all holding on to the rope. One of the kids' names was Marcos, as in the name of Lupe's son in the Archie continuity. Ian called up to me, asking if I would join them, calling me Maria, like Lupe's daughter. I tried to tell him that I was not Maria, but Tracy insisted that I had gone crazy and that my name was indeed Maria. Ian just shrugged and said, 'STRANGE, ISN'T IT?' Then my sisters got involved and it wasn't quite a Sonic dream anymore. I do remember 'pingas' popping up somewhere, though.
Tango the Hedgehog
BumbleFan

Postby Sparky » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:40 pm

I had a dream about Sonic Boom.

Can't really remember much of what happened, other than Sonic and Tails fighting some robot or something (in their Boom designs), and Tails using a Spin Attack, and Knuckles being mentioned at one point.
Sparky
BumbleNoble

Postby qmaster254 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:04 pm

I recently had a dream where I was at a garage sale (I often go to garage sales), and at this sale they had several Archie Sonic comics. Some of which I already had, some I was missing, and for some strange reason they had the first Sonic Legacy book (the book with complete reprints of the first 20 or so issues). What was strange about this version of the book was that it had absolutely no pictures or illustrations; it was the entire book in novel format (words only).

It made me think how it would be like to read the books as if they were novels...
qmaster254
BumbleFan

Postby lalalei2001 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:01 pm

I had one a while ago where I was reading a long-lost Karl Bollers story. it involved Sonic, Mighty, and Ray battling a race of bees. They coated Sonic in honey and he got stuck to the floor for several panels, and Mighty and Ray got stuck too when they tried to save him. I forget how they escaped.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby Axel T Rat » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:59 am

Got another brief one. It seems that a lot of my Sonic Dreams seem to be born off my latent desires for what I want from the comic, but will probably never get. One such dream had me picking up a digest that listed what characters, names, and worlds in the multiverse still existed. Much to my delight, my personal favorite Mina was still around along with others like Shard and various sub-groups of Freedom Fighters, but surprisingly it also made reference to usually separate universes like Sonic X and Fleetway. Even had a small cameo from the X-Tornado and Tekno. The rest of the dream was actually Mario related, involving a plot where Bowser tries to make Mario look bad in front of Peach and kidnap her during a Mario Kart race. Also, he gets ticked off at one of his minions for giving him a bowl cut hairdo and water buffalo horns.
Axel T Rat
BumbleKnight

Postby Matt7325 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:11 am

I seldom dream about Sonic and hardly ever about the comic, but last night I had a dream that Ken Penders stole a huge Robotnik mech and attacked Sega HQ with it. No one really paid much attention to it though.
Matt7325
BumbleKnight

Postby Axel T Rat » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:40 am

I always seem to be the one to "wake up" this thread so to speak, but here's one I just got to share. I was getting up early to watch Sonic X, although the lineup was different than the usual 4Kids tv style block (oh I wish). Rave Master came on just before it, but between shows there was this annoying live-action deal which was either a PSA or part of some Disney style tweencom. As the recap for Sonic X started, it was apparently somewhere in the middle of the Metarex arc, but the strange thing was that Sticks was there among the cast. Even stranger was that everyone called her Marine (I still slip up and make the same mistake ^^;) and she was apparently a lizard now. She still had the same hair and clothes, but she had an Espio style snout and a tail bigger than half her body which she tended to balance herself on. Also for the opening sequence they used a particular cool sounding variant of "Reach out to the Truth" of Persona 4 fame.
Axel T Rat
BumbleKnight

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius