Sonic Dreams

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Sonic Dreams

Postby Axel T Rat » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:33 am

I had one just last night that actually ended with one of those fake-out dream within a dream where I was gushing about the dream while trying to keep my facts straight. It sort of flip-flopped between me playing a Sonic game and reading a Sonic comic. It started with me watching a trailer for a Sonic fighter similar to Smash Bros that had some of my OCs show up in this area similar to White Space from Sonic Generations, but then featured a Sonic-style version of Nights coming in for a moment accompanied by the "Growing Wings" theme from Journey Into Dreams last stage. Sonic talks to Nights for a minute as Nights starts shifting back in forth with his/her/it's classic style. Sonic then takes off running on a stage avoiding electric traps that went along a set path. The area then transitioned to this area that looked like a slot car track with the speed shoe theme from Sonic Adventure playing in the background.

It then transitioned to various action scenes that had Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow joining in. One part had Sonic losing against a boss until out of nowhere, Fiona shows up to save Sonic. She has this body armor that had a color scheme similar to Nina Williams' main outfit in recent Tekken games and Fio also had this chain blade gauntlet. It then transitioned to comic form where she said she was no longer with Scourge, but not entirely on Sonic's side and working for her own purposes. The events were apparently after the recent Unleashed style arcs in the comic, but still had everyone trying to find the Chaos Emeralds. One scene had Hope returning somewhere around Team Hooligan to give some exposition, expect she was older and more attractive to the point where Bean had a cartoony "heart-eye" reaction over her. We get some explanation that the Chaos Emeralds themselves had some connection to this alien species native to Nocturne which also created seven matching weapons called the Swords of Iblis. But to make things short, Sonic and Shadow eventually have to restore the broken planet via performing two conflicting Chaos Controls at the same time. As everything gets fixed, we get a look at various cities on Mobius and appearances from various non-Ken Penders characters we're still waiting to show up. What's interesting though is that it seemed to be implying that said characters might still exist despite the changed world, but still off panel for the time being. For example, it showed that the Albion echidnas were still living somewhere in the Twilight Cage, but Albion was no longer called Albion to avoid legal trouble.
Axel T Rat
BumbleKnight

Postby StoryMaker » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:40 pm

Axel T Rat wrote:3. Bottlenose is back and now similar to the other aquatic Mobians. Not only that , but he is now part of the Shinobi due to them no longer exclusively being chameleons.

Haha xD
I liked your other dream too.

Recently, I had a dream where the Lara-Su Chronicles actually came out. I guess that technically wouldn't be a Sonic dream, though :P
StoryMaker
BumbleFan

Postby SimonSays » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:59 pm

It's not technically a Sonic dream, but last night I dreamed that I went clothes shopping and everything was super adorable and I wanted to buy it all.

Except everything was covered in chili dogs- lacy, delicate prints of chili dogs and flowers, cable-knit chili dog sweaters, chili dog buttons, chili dog embroidery, shiny chili dog iron-ons, chili dog pocket books, chili dog converses that looked like buns laced up with meat sauce, chili dog headbands, chili dog earrings.

I still wanted to buy it all.
SimonSays
BumbleNoble

Postby StoryMaker » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:00 pm

That sounds like a dream Sonic would have. Are you sure you're not Sonic? :P
StoryMaker
BumbleFan

Postby lalalei2001 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:48 am

I had a 2-part dream about a story that, in itself, turned out to be a dream. The characters had fled the planet and were in space to survive, and for some reason Sally was named Alicia.

Spoiler: show
Dr. Robotnik took over Mobius with an army of mechanical toys called Mechanimals. They were self-replicating and wee churned out so fast that by the time the threatening ones attacked there were far too many to stop. It didn't help that the first few ones were perfectly ordinary. By the end it was like the entire forest and planet was covered in purple.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby Mikail » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:51 pm

I had one pretty gruesome dream that I think was inspired by that one episode of Game of Thrones.

Rouge is fighting Thrash because he apparently killed Knuckles. She has him on the ground, but won't kill him until he confesses. Then Thrash turns the tides almost immediately with his super roar (or whatever it's called) and caves in her skull with one punch. I think I remember Amy screaming too.
Mikail
BumbleNoble

Postby Axel T Rat » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:57 am

Well I had one of those weird dream within a dreams style deals. First off I was in a comic store doing my usual monthly searching for Sonic stuff. Looked at the latest Universe which had variant covers, mostly just featuring characters just standing there on plain white backgrounds. One in particular featured the return of FInetivus. Then I saw two graphic novels packaged together, cause it was apparently a story so big it couldn't be contained to one book. It was apparently advertised as a Superman/Sonic crossover on the cover, but once I got it and looked inside it seemed to be crossover over with various Transformers continuities instead. I woke up from my dream into another dream, but I still had these comics and had apparently not paid for them. I went back to the comic store, which seems to be in town square than my usual spot at home, and return to pay in full saying "I got these in a dream, but forgot to pay for them." The store clerk seems to understand well enough.
Axel T Rat
BumbleKnight

Postby StoryMaker » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:35 am

Axel T Rat wrote:Superman/Sonic crossover

:o I want this
They can even have a dramatic scene where Superman uses the Chaos Emeralds to turn into Super Superman.

Axel T Rat wrote:I went back to the comic store, which seems to be in town square than my usual spot at home, and return to pay in full saying "I got these in a dream, but forgot to pay for them." The store clerk seems to understand well enough.

Haha dreams xD
StoryMaker
BumbleFan

Postby Axel T Rat » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:51 pm

Got another one just this morning. Hope I remember all the details. It started with me looking at the cover of issue #24. That's the one where the Anti-Sonic returns with his own Anti-Freedom Fighters. But besides that there was also this joke character just to the side. Basically he looked like a longer, slimmer, one-tailed, and all-around goofier looking version of Tails called Sloo-mo. He worse underwear bearing his name on his head and seemed to overall be Tails' answer to Homsar from Homestarrunner.com. This character would also show up elsewhere in the dream where I'm watching Sonic Underground reruns, but said reruns are different from ones I've seen. First off, I see a familiar face getting saved and I'm basically "Oh my gosh, its Bunnie! BUNNIE!~~~". I'm basically ecstatic, especially hearing Christine Cavanuagh's voice accounted for. Rest of the episode had the usual cast like Manic, Sonic, Sleet, and Dingo. Course Queen Aleena was there at some points too, but she seemed to have a different voice. Also there was one of my own OCs, Alexander (Basically the dad to my handle and the guy you see on my avatar) who was basically building a conspiracy web tracking down all the known sightings of Queen Aleena to the point of even pointing out certain points where she was on the sidelines of certain SU eps.
Axel T Rat
BumbleKnight

Postby StoryMaker » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:32 pm

Maybe I should draw Sloo-Mo. He has potential to be an entertaining, yet dramatic and dynamic, addition to the Sonic cast. :P
StoryMaker
BumbleFan

Postby lalalei2001 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:00 am

I had a dream about Sonic #150. It had the same basic plot, but we got to see a lot more of Anti-Sally for some reason.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby Axel T Rat » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:43 pm

StoryMaker wrote:Maybe I should draw Sloo-Mo. He has potential to be an entertaining, yet dramatic and dynamic, addition to the Sonic cast. :P

By all means, be my guest. So here's another one I most previously had.

It started with me watching an episode of AOSTH where Sonic had to team up with Robotnik and his badniks all swimming down a flooded area. The thing is that when Sonic went this way it shifted to his point of view and to be honest put some fear of drowning into me. Usually this is where the bad guys would usually betray Sonic, but Grounder in particulars seems happy to help Sonic over to an air pocket. The dream then has me shifting over to looking on DA and commenting on an episode with someone I know on there. I then see that there's a preview on the site for Universe comic tie-in where Team Dark is going through a similar situation. In particular I remember a cover the showed a panicked Rouge holding on for dear life against a current.

Later in said dream, I was reading the actual comic. Basically this takes place after the recent Genesis Wave and shows the fate of the Special Zone. The very moment the Universe collapsed on itself, Feist was caught off guard and got some cosmic needle to the neck. He was then transformed into what I basically describe as some green squat rotund hedgehog gangster whom I would basically describe appearance wise as the unholy fusion of Scourge and Mogul. The issue would basically center on said hedgie turning the Special Zone into a place where those who enter it hold wagers and gamble on what challenges they go through.
Axel T Rat
BumbleKnight

Postby StoryMaker » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:58 pm

...O_O

That new Feist... xD
StoryMaker
BumbleFan

Postby NiTROACTiVE » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:10 pm

I recently dreamed I read SU #66 not too long ago:
It showed a subplot that was completely unrelated and irrelevant to the story arc, but it also showed Knuckles underwater in the caves and he apparently got all of the water to drain. Yeah, my dreams can get really weird.
NiTROACTiVE
BumbleClan

Postby Tango the Hedgehog » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:40 pm

Small SU #66 spoiler.
That's... surprisingly close to what actually happened. :shock:
Tango the Hedgehog
BumbleFan

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius