Sonic Dreams

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Sonic Dreams

Postby Sonicpolo » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:17 am

Okay guys I had this weird dream that I was traveling around the city and all of a sudden I realized.....

that I was Ian Flynn or (was a Impostor of him).
Sonicpolo
BumbleCitizen

Postby StoryMaker » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:28 pm

I've had countless Sonic dreams throughout the years, but I don't remember many of them off-hand. I know a long time ago I had a dream where Mighty did appear in Sonic Heroes after all - as you were playing Sonic, he would randomly turn into Mighty sometimes. I thought, "COOL! I have to tell everybody that they're wrong - Mighty IS in Sonic Heroes after all!"

More recently, while the lawsuit was still going on, I dreamed they reached a settlement in which neither party would be allowed to use the characters ever again. :P

I also had a dream where, in a recent Sonic comic, a bunch of the erased characters were mentioned in vague terms. Like, I remember Shard was mentioned, but not by name.

This isn't a dream, but a few days ago, after I had played a lot of Metropolis Zone in Knuckles in Sonic 2 and Marble Zone in Sonic 1 the last night, and I was lying awake in bed as morning dawned, it seemed that every time I closed my eyes, I would see a scene of Knuckles going through Metropolis Zone, and getting hurt again and again and again. And those spike things that crash on you in Marble Zone were there too, hitting him again and again. It was annoying xD
StoryMaker
BumbleFan

Postby dantemustdie00 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:37 pm

You guys know that Sonic .exe creepypasta thing right?

Yeah.....Nightmare Sonic paid me a nasty visit last night, along with Slender Man and that freaky Ben Drowned thing.

That's what I get for watching those Creepypasta videos last night before bed, stupid me.
dantemustdie00
BumbleNoble

Postby Sparky » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:31 pm

dantemustdie00 wrote:You guys know that Sonic .exe creepypasta thing right?

Yeah.....Nightmare Sonic paid me a nasty visit last night, along with Slender Man and that freaky Ben Drowned thing.

That's what I get for watching those Creepypasta videos last night before bed, stupid me.

That's why I never watch anything creepypasta related late at night. Not that I get nightmares, but I would never fall asleep.
Sparky
BumbleNoble

Postby Axel T Rat » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:41 am

Okay, I just got a brief one. I dreamt that I was reading the comic and there was stuff going on in either the current Mobotropolis or New Mobotropolis. Can't remember which. Things were going as normal and then out of nowhere...Legend of Zelda crossover. Link was introduced with a caption box like most characters, but it gave his full name as Link Hyrule for some reason. While he did speak he did go "HYAAAT!" at least once. We're introduced to Shiek going to Castle Acorn where Geoff blocks his/her way, letting his prejudices against Overlanders get the best of him again. Shiek simply knocks him out with a gut punch before heading inside, transforming into Zelda, and meeting up with Sally. In the dream, I remember reading this like an actual issue and being surprised there was no formal announcement for an x-over, promptly going to voice my comments on here like I usually do.
Axel T Rat
BumbleKnight

Postby EvanStanley » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:23 pm

Last night, I dreamed that Ken Penders came to stay at my house. He brought a bag of his most precious family heirlooms, and asked my brother and I to pick out whatever we wanted. My bro took a bunch of gold and jewels, and I took a little chest full of antique toys.
EvanStanley
BumbleCitizen

Postby akessel92 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:35 pm

EvanStanley wrote:Last night, I dreamed that Ken Penders came to stay at my house. He brought a bag of his most precious family heirlooms, and asked my brother and I to pick out whatever we wanted. My bro took a bunch of gold and jewels, and I took a little chest full of antique toys.

What's ironic is that he hardly a penny to his name. So I have heard. But now thinking about it it sounds ominous.
akessel92
BumbleNoble

Postby TheFatPanda » Thu May 01, 2014 7:15 pm

Funny dream last night. I was reading Bunnie's "Sonic Comic Origins" story, and it wasn't the sort of origin story you'd expect...

Bunnie goes to the beach one day, but she realises she didn't bring a beach towel and parasail. Suddenly she noticed Sally sunbathing nearby. She goes up to her and asks if she can borrow her supplies. Sally objects, in the most uncharacteristically selfish, diva-ish, snobbiest way ever xD

And that's kinda where the story ended. Afterwards I got the idea of doing a fanart of the the pair in the modern day, as friends, sharing the sunbathing supplies.

Man that dream was random in a hilarious way, even now I can't stop smiling as I type this.
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby Scruffy » Thu May 01, 2014 8:19 pm

TheFatPanda wrote:Funny dream last night. I was reading Bunnie's "Sonic Comic Origins" story, and it wasn't the sort of origin story you'd expect...

Bunnie goes to the beach one day, but she realises she didn't bring a beach towel and parasail. Suddenly she noticed Sally sunbathing nearby. She goes up to her and asks if she can borrow her supplies. Sally objects, in the most uncharacteristically selfish, diva-ish, snobbiest way ever xD

And that's kinda where the story ended. Afterwards I got the idea of doing a fanart of the the pair in the modern day, as friends, sharing the sunbathing supplies.

Man that dream was random in a hilarious way, even now I can't stop smiling as I type this.

It'd be hilarious if it wasn't Swatbots in the nu252 that captured and partially roboticised Bunnie, but instead she and Sally had a massive catfight over a parasol and Sally tossed her into the portable roboticiser out of spite. :(hearty laughter):
Scruffy
BumbleClan

Postby Meliden » Thu May 01, 2014 8:21 pm

But we know how Bunnie got her limbs in the reboot, they were blown off and Chuck had to make new ones for he--oh, right.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby BlueBlur62391 » Sat May 03, 2014 8:46 am

Three words. Sonic. Boom. Rouge.

And she was in a blue tank top and shorts. Weird.
BlueBlur62391
BumbleNoble

Postby lalalei2001 » Sun May 04, 2014 3:51 pm

Just woke up from an EPIC Sonic comic dream. What made it so cool was the artwork! I am impressed my subconscious can draw that well and sad I couldn't take it out of the dream.

What i remember:

1. SatAM/early Archie Robotnik kidnapped Tails and was going to kill him.
2. Mobius was a reddish planet with a green sun.
3. Robotnik had a floating tower that looked like a mechanical circle with a spire on top, from which he observed the world and threw off enemies.
4. The entire comic looked like a mix of Spaz's artwork and J. Axer's artwork. Everyone was on-model and amazingly detailed.
5. Sonic and his friends tried to rescue Tails with a rocket, but Antoine's fizzled out and Rotor's needed components from robot frogs. Sonic going to get them almost got him eaten by robot alligators.
6. Tails eventually freed himself by not being scared and using a last request to defeat the robots with jokes, making their anti-humor matrixes explode. He salvaged some parts from the robots, which might have been important in a future story.

7. The backup story revolved around Dulcy the dragon, and it was entirely in black-and-white outlines.
8. One specific panel I remember is Dulcy flying past the sun and blocking it out, and being seen from below.
9. One of Dulcy's friends was a dragon named Aurora, who was more girlish than she was.
10. Dulcy had fire breath like the comics, while Aurora had ice breath like the cartoon.
11. Dulcy defeated some robots that were attacking her friends, saying something about it being a dragon's duty.
Last edited by lalalei2001 on Wed May 07, 2014 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby DabigRG » Sun May 04, 2014 5:56 pm

EvanStanley wrote:Last night, I dreamed that Ken Penders came to stay at my house. He brought a bag of his most precious family heirlooms, and asked my brother and I to pick out whatever we wanted. My bro took a bunch of gold and jewels, and I took a little chest full of antique toys.

Great! Now I'm imagining Penders in a Santa Hat with Particle as his head elf and Julie-Su, Lien-Da, Locke, and Dr. Ian as his grumpy reindeer helpers.
DabigRG
BumbleNoble

Postby StoryMaker » Wed May 07, 2014 3:16 pm

That's...sort of hilarious.

(by the way, I LOVE your art, Evan.)
StoryMaker
BumbleFan

Postby TheFatPanda » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:51 am

Wtf did I eat to create the dream I had last night...?

It was my birthday. I'd just got back home after being out somewhere, and my mum told me that there was a special surprise that had been prepared for me while I was gone. She took me upstairs, and in my bed was...a life-size model of a sleeping Lara-Su, under the covers and everything, and she was super realistic. It had the proportions of Ken Penders "echyd'na" characters, but her face was still more or less what her Archie Sonic self was, I even pulled up her eyelid to see that her pupal was long and narrow just like your typical Sonic character.

Anyway, my mum explained that Ken Penders himself came around while I was out and set the model up. I then went on to say "you know what Ken did the Sonic comics right?". She said "no" and I explained it to her.
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius