Ask Ian XXVII - Let's Try that Again

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby Kintobor » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:41 pm

Weeeee! Another time to ask you relentless questions!

Errr, only two right now. Everyone else beat me to the punch with most of the topics.

1. Have you played the new Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympics game?

2. If so, what do you think of it and the character interactions?
Kintobor
BumbleFan

Postby Fish Fro » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:57 am

1. Was the Black Chaos Emerald a fake emerald created by the Knuckles tribe in order to keep Chaos contained?

2. When a game related element can't appear in the comic is it usually due to marketing from Sega's end or a conflict with the CCA?
Fish Fro
BumbleNoble

Postby Super Rayzor » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:45 pm

Yay it's back!

1. Have you ever had to get an ok to answer a question that we've asked before?

2. Why did you decide to have Bunnie and Antoine get married as oppose to just leaving them as a dating couple?
Super Rayzor
BumbleNoble

Postby Amir » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:24 am

1. Is it possible for the Video Game version of Mecha Sonic to show up in the comics? (For those who dont know, Mecha Sonic is the fan name for the Sonic Robot that is the Boss in "Sky Sactuary Zone" on Sonic and Knuckles)

2. Will Nic be reappering anytime soon?

3. Something I've always wondered. Rob'O the Hedge was a sentry for Albion, is he even aware of the city's demise and of the displace Echidnas that now live there? (dont think it was ever mentioned, if it has been then I must have missed it)
Amir
BumbleKnight

Postby Lewanut » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:02 pm

1. How old are the Future Freedom Fighters?

2. How will you work out the entire thing with Silver being the same in the present and the non-canon future? Considering that in the future he's still wondering who the traitor is, so if he finds out in the main timeline who the traitor is that means that he would have previously gone back in time to 30YL. But just as he referenced his first foray to the past when he reappeared in M30YL, it seems he's reference his second trip to through time when he appears again.

3. Lien-Da said she didn't want to risk the innocent children. So why did she launch a missile at a platform they were standing on?

Veggie Burgers,
Lewanut
Lewanut
BumbleClan

Postby 4everscourgefan » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:15 pm

1 Will scourge come back soon ?
2 is scourge older then sonic ?
3 are fiona and scourge still in love
4everscourgefan
BumbleFan

Postby Palmtree Panic » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:06 pm

1. How successful has Sonic Universe been far? Is it in any danger of being canceled yet?

2. Are the upcoming story arcs in SU four issues long? Or do you plan on making shorter arcs and even single issue stories?
Palmtree Panic
BumbleNewbie

Postby Orion101 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:38 pm

1. We already know what Shadow and Hope's relationship is like and you've already hinted at what Hope and Omega's relationship is. In your opinion how do you see the relationship between Rouge and Hope?

2. Does Magitek count as dark magic, we know Regina is evil but is their anything inherintly evil about her art itself?

3. Are we going to see more of G.U.N. HQ in the future like how big it is or what facilities they have?
Orion101
BumbleFan

Postby Zulon Eredas » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:48 pm

Are there any more adventures planned for the Future Freedom Fighters?
Zulon Eredas
BumbleNoble

Postby JakeDaReaver » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:05 pm

1. In several of your previous Ask Ian Forums, Silver mentioned that he has a master. I'm positive that you wouldn't say anything if I asked who he was, so instead, is there any chance that we'll get to see either Silver's time period, his master, or both in the comics?

2. Do you have any plans to bring the Xorda back into the comics anytime soon?

3. In issue 186, it was hinted that Rouge has some scheme concerning Knuckles, but we haven't seen or heard about such a thing since then (In fact, Rouge and Knuckles haven't even appeared in a scene together since). How will this plan have any importance to the series, if you guys haven't already scrapped the idea?
JakeDaReaver
BumbleNewbie

Postby Spin » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:58 am

1. What was your inspiration for making the Iron Queen a wielder of technological magic instead of being a generic sorceress?

2. In the veins of the comic's past of explaining every little retcon. How would you write off the Iron Queen's old appearance depicting her with her eyes covered in shadow and pink skin/fur if forced?

3. Does Magitek have a role in the comic outside of the Iron Queen or is it still up in the air at this moment?
Spin
BumbleClan

Postby Astrobot7000 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:48 am

1. Which is your favorite villain to write for, and why?

2. Is Sonic Universe turning out to be everything you wanted?

3. Is Finitivus pretty much the new primary Knuckles villain since Dimitri is no longer?
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby CyberKnux » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:12 pm

I'm surprised to see you do this so soon, I was expecting a much longer hiatus given how busy you must be right now. Thank you!

1: Would it be possible to get a list of game-based characters and significant elements (eg; locations from Sonic Unleashed) that are currently barred from being used in the comic? Questions regarding this tend to pop up a reasonable amount - maybe adding a list to this topic would be an idea? I understand if this isn't possible (though I'm not asking why they can't be used, just who/what they are), but personally, I'd like to know what not to expect in order to avoid future disappointment (and hey, if they become available for use later on, it'll just be a welcome surprise!). Plus, I'm starting to forget whether there was an embargo on certain characters or not - all I can remember as definitely being no go right now is the Black Arms and Neo Metal Sonic (his form from Heroes) - would be helpful to have a list we could check back on.

2: I recall you saying in a previous 'Ask Ian' that you would be introducing two new characters, one of whom would be relatively 'game styled', with the other being more akin to the sort of designs seen mainly in the comic. My question regarding this is have we seen both of these characters yet? I've been assuming that Conquering Storm is one of them (the more game styled one), but am unsure on who the other would be. The reintroduced Iron Queen (might as well be new considering she had only a single prior appearance)?

3: This potentially ties into my first question and sort of echoes what Orion101 asked, but is there any chance that we'll see more of GUN's assets such as the soldiers, vehicles, robots and weapons? I'd be psyched even just to see a Bigfoot walker or some Laser Hunters in the background, or to see something like Shadow's liaison (his GUN contact that gives him missions in StH06) relay Tower's commands to him out in the field or something.

Once again thank you for answering our questions.
P.S; The pirate robot in Sonic Rush Adventure is Captain Whisker, not Whiskers (as I've seen him get called here from time to time). Just thought it might be handy to have it straight in case he was mentioned in the 'Who's Who' encyclopedia or something.
CyberKnux
BumbleNewbie

Postby Aurora_Redwinters » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:00 pm

1. If you had to name 3 characters that you wish you could spend more time on for whatever reason, but can't at the moment, which characters would those be?

2. Are there any plans for any character redesigns in the foreseeable future?

3. Is Merlin Prower going to be coming back into the scheme of things in 2010?
Aurora_Redwinters
BumbleNoble

Postby Mik9 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:49 pm

1. About the Youtube references more specifically the first one did anyone higher up knew of you doing this before 205 came out or was it more "under the radar"?

2. Have you you received any flack, or trouble, from Archie because of the reference?
Mik9
BumbleNewbie

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius