Ask Ian XXVII - Let's Try that Again

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby Omatic » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:54 pm

1) Do you consider your job to be a stressful one?

2) Will there be any chance of seeing the Moebius version of the Iron Queen?
Omatic
BumbleNewbie

Postby Promethean0416 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:45 pm

1. In #196, Super Scourge used some form of an energy blast attack against the Freedom Fighters and the Suppression Squad to throw them off him and against Sonic out in Moebius' forest. Is there a specific name for this attack?
Promethean0416
BumbleKnight

Postby Mavrickindigo » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:59 pm

*EDIT*: One of my questions was already answered, so here's a new one with these

1.) Ever consider doing stories focused on the human characters and their development, such as for the Sigma Alpha 2 soldiers, Abraham Tower, J. J Moto, etc?

2.) Will any more classic characters (particularly pre-50 such as Badniks and other one-shot villains) get the "iron queen treatment" as in becoming prominent characters/villains or at least appear in a larger capacity than they have?

3.) Now for a completely hypothetical situation for fun. Let's say Sega and Nintendo decide to actually make a real "Mario and Sonic" crossover game, and Nintendo and Sega have decided to merge the two game worlds in a sense and have given Archie permission (but not necessarily ordered you) to use Mario characters, concepts, and locations. Given the choice, would you use any? And how would you go about implementing such a thing into the continuity, and if not, why not?
Last edited by Mavrickindigo on Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby The King of Shadows » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:03 pm

1. If milestones were 48 page specials, what else would you have written in issues 175 and 200?

2. Why SEGA won't let Archie use the Black Arms? They're pretty much all dead in the games.
The King of Shadows
BumbleKnight

Postby MegaHayzer » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:24 pm

Hallelujah! :D

1) What is the average annual wage an Archie employee makes? More specifically the penciller and writer?

2) What made you decide to bring MK and the Iron Queen back?

3) How many issues are you guys ahead?
MegaHayzer
BumbleClan

Postby megabeatman » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:45 pm

Happy Happy Joy Joy!!! (coughs) Right Questions

1. Will we see physical representation of the fourth clan? To elaborate Shinobi-Espio, Yagyu-Bat ninjas, Raiju-Lightning Lynx and Conquering Storm and 4th clan-???.

2. Will we meet individuals in the clans other than Espio, Lightning, and Storm.

Edit:
3. Are there tiny hints in the Mobius 30 year arc of what is to come in the main book. For example in the altered Mobius 25 years arc, Dimitri mentioned that he was ashamed to have worked with Doc Fin and later in the main book's present he worked with Doc Fin to restore Enerjak through questionable means.
Last edited by megabeatman on Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
megabeatman
BumbleKnight

Postby mynameisofnoimportance » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:33 pm

Thank you Ian! I tried the survey by the way, but I'm not quite old enough.

1) I know this is a weird question, but are Bunnie's robotic limbs magnetic? I remember an old comic where Rotor de-magnetized her somehow but I don't know if its been retconned or if Nate Morgan's upgrade made them magnetic again.

2)I know you might have been asked this a lot, but any (immediate) plans for Lupe and the Wolf Pack?

3)Here's another odd question. When Miles (Anti-Tails) stated that Tails ignored his "magical heritage" does that therefore imply that Miles has magic abilities of some sort?
mynameisofnoimportance
BumbleKnight

Postby TheRock1525 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:36 pm

1. Do you have issues or find it weird answering questions related to storylines from before you became head writer? I ask this because some of these questions are about events prior to issue #160, and you're trying to interpret/put your own spin on events you didn't start.
TheRock1525
BumbleKnight

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:04 am

1. Is there any particular reason why Mogul isn't getting involved with any of the other villains' plots to take over Mobius? I mean, I understand not wanting to rehash Darkest Storm, but I'd think he'd do something to respond to all this.

2. Will you ever readdress the whole issue of Mathias that you brought up in your character Q&A, or is he just going to remain relegated to "deceased character?"

3. Should the Iron Dominion continue to be a threat beyond the current story arc, is it likely that the Chaotix will see more action against them?
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby Moogy » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:34 am

Thanks for bringing the Q&A back, Ian! :D

Here are my first two questions:

1) I know Sega can be a little picky on what you can or can't do, but do you know what their stance is on using scrapped levels and enemies from the games, and working them into the comics?

2) Since Lightning Lynx has the gift of super speed, does this mean the rest of the Raiju clan, Conquering Storm included, also have this ability?
Moogy
BumbleKnight

Postby Super Knuckles » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:31 am

1. In Sonic Universe 9, in the scene where they try to get in to the pyramid, why it wasn't Knuckles who punched the door? I mean he was able to do it wasn't he? I never understood the thing about Knuckles’ and Mighty's strength. I mean who is the strongest? And if Mighty is the strongest why he can't beat Knuckles, who supposedly is as strong as Sonic is fast? Or even Sonic? I remember the FCB of 2008 that Sonic said, when fighting against the Chaotix (except Knuckles), that none of them was "fast or strong enough". Can you clarify it?
Super Knuckles
BumbleNewbie

Postby Cinossu » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:06 pm

Time to ask questions, I think.. never done so before, and I post so rarely..

1) What is your view in terms of the multiverse being, as well as alternate realities, a form of time travel? (In theory, time travel is just going to another reality where events have or haven't happened yet, meaning things like M30YL can be explained away like this easily, but then the different futures wouldn't be able to affect or remember bits of the other etc so yeah I'm just rambling by this point. :3)

2) ** Removed, as already answered previously, whoops.. **

3) If there was enough support for it, would you do an SU arc based solely on the antics of Bean? :P
Cinossu
BumbleNewbie

Postby cdbrereton » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:03 pm

This is my first opportunity to ask 'The Man' sone questions so here goes;

1) You've probably been told this a million times, but the job your doing at base camp is brilliant and i'm glad to have jumped aboard the Great Ship Potto. My question is how does one balance epic story-telling and constant proof-reading of your potential plots for the story with everyday normal life?

2) If you didn't get the job as the head writer of the Sonic Comic series, would you then have become open to the other opportunities within the series i.e. penciller, editor in chief e.t.c. e.t.c.

3) How many cups of coffee do you down per day?? (come on, the head writer of a comic franchise like you needs to keep himself alert and wide awake so he can think of more cunning plans for the series) :wink:

Forgive me if some of these questions have been asked already.
cdbrereton
BumbleKnight

Postby Tonberry2k » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:49 pm

1. Mogul, especially in his most recent appearances, seems to have become a more "grey" character (I'm assuming the emerald in his possession is just a coincidence). We know he hates Sonic, but would he team up to help him against a greater evil (for example, the Iron Queen is about to take control of Mobius)? Or would he just wait until the scenario passes and strike?

2. I know Rotor is a hot topic lately in this Q&A for obvious reasons, but did the fallout from Penders' revelation make you want to do anything new with Rotor?

3. Will the Forty Fathoms Freedom Fighters ever interact with the main cast again, or are they doomed to one-off joke stories?
Tonberry2k
BumbleNoble

Postby The Loose Cannon » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:20 pm

1. Will you, Dub, Tracy, and/or Mike ever appear in Off-Panel?
2. Which story of the comic would you like to see animated?
3. Will every arc in Sonic Universe end with a preview of the next arc like in SU#4 and SU#8?
The Loose Cannon
BumbleFan

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius