Ask Ian XXVII - Let's Try that Again

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby FairFieldFinder » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:47 am

Questions from Kagimizu:

#1: Could Sonic ever be pushed far enough that he'd actually try and kill his enemy? If so, under what conditions would that occur?

#2: Do you think it's possible for Sonic's famous (or infamous) Dark Sonic transformation to make an appearance?

#3: Does Tails still have any feelings for Fiona, and does he still hold out hope that she might come back?
FairFieldFinder
BumbleClan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:08 am

1. Opening a can of worms here, but you mentioned that the United Federation still holds various holidays from Earth times: Does this mean those religions have survived, or is it just the commercial aspects that they celebrate (example: there are no nativity scenes at Christmas, but they still have Santa Claus and Christmas trees)

2. Is there no love for Crabmeat?

3. Have you ever considered addressing the dangling plotline of Antoine's Father's map? I would think he or his father would have mentioned it while the General was still alive, but nothing ever came of it. Considering its from a pre-endgame storyline, would you ever consider addressing it?
Last edited by Mavrickindigo on Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Mr Saxon » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:40 am

1. Considering its such a large part of Sonic lore, do you have any plans to bring the Death Egg back?

2. Will Shadow remain a villain should another MXYL arc pop up?

3. Will Eggman's SatAM eyes continue to feature after his return to sanity, or will the glasses remain on as per usual?
Mr Saxon
BumbleKnight

Postby Blink » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:43 am

Haha, I am the scourge of asking non-answerable questions! So I'll only ask one last question:

Do you have any plans for Liza?
Blink
BumbleFan

Postby Duuz Diz Din » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:30 pm

1. What parts of Monkey Khan are robotic? Like is it his skeleton or something?
Duuz Diz Din
BumbleNoble

Postby Matthew Woodley » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:40 pm

1) Will Hamlin or the council be making an appearance in this year or the next?
Matthew Woodley
BumbleFan

Postby Eggplant » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:57 pm

1.) Do you believe that character traits should be implied through dialogue? Even for new readers, I think Sonic should give off an aura of coolness. It's not really something that needs to be said flat-out every issue... but that's me.

2.) I read somewhere that you studied Shakespeare. Did you base any of Eggman's post-#200 personality off of King Lear? Just a thought I had awhile back, because they're both insane and were kind of used as pawns and fodder for others' evil plans at some point.

3.) I know this sounds really cheap, but what the heck: If I messaged you a little 4-page (double spaced of course) short story, would you critique it? (It's unrelated to Sonic.) I know there's the whole "If I do it for you I'll have to do it for everyone" thing, but it's worth wasting a question on. (Sorry if this breaks the rules)
Eggplant
BumbleFan

Postby Kintobor » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:04 pm

I come bearing a question not related to Robotnik. *gasp!*

1. I saw in issue #197 there was a bit of build-up towards Hamlin's proclivities against Sally's actions to usurp her from authority. Will we see another coup from him in the future?

Now heeeeere comes those Robotnik questions:

2. We were made apparent that Robotnik does have some sort of entertainment in the form of crayons and paper, but what other perks does he have?

3. How are the conditions of his current confinement compared to the one he was in under the watch of Snively and the Iron Dominion?
Kintobor
BumbleFan

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:33 am

1. If you could write a confrontation between any two villains in the comic who have never met before, who would you pick and why?

2. Is there any tension between the former members of the Substitute Freedom Fighters over three of them going into politics, or did they part as friends?

3. Are King Acorn's minions and the Original Freedom Fighters (who were trapped in the Zone of Silence and Void) still alive, or did Naugus' mashing together of Zones and Feist's reshaping kill them all off-assuming they were even still alive?
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby Milox » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:45 am

Reposted from that other thread...

Uh-oh, temporal question abound!

1.) You are soon approaching your 4 year mark as head writer on the comics (Congrats on that) Conveniently, your start as writer heralded a significant calendar date in Sonic Lore (Sonic's birthday) That said (and ignoring the "nobody is ever aging" principle as best we can), about how much time, in the comic, has passed since then (Issue 160) and now (For arguments sake, issue 207)

2.) What are your hopes for that upcoming Project Needlemouse game?

3.) What are your plans for the holidays?
Milox
BumbleClan

Postby BlueStreak » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:03 am

You mentioned early that Dimitri has fallen into limbo.

My question is why bring someone into the book who hasn't been seen since STH 118 only for him to put him back into "Limbo"?
BlueStreak
BumbleFan

Postby Big Al Son » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:42 am

1. If somebody wants to get involved with writing the comics, like submitting scripts / plots, do they need to contact you or somebody in Archie Comics?

2. I miss the rivalry between Tails and Mogul; they are both each other’s arch-nemesis (not Sonic and Mogul). Are we’re going to see this come to light again?

3. Are you going to gives us a sneak peek of next year? Maybe when the Iron Dominion wraps up.
Big Al Son
BumbleKnight

Postby theJcfreak » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:39 am

#1. How exactly did you come up with Regina's laugh?

#2. Is there a chance, a slight chance at least for a Sonic art book to be released?

#3. You mentioned your site content last week, and it got me to thinking how awesome it would be for you guys to do a podcast. It's not something you have to update regularly (though I suppose it's preferred), and you can talk about the comic and anything Sonic-related and answer some fan questions. What do you think?
theJcfreak
BumbleChosen

Postby TheFatPanda » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:39 pm

Ooooooh, I'v got so many questions to ask, but I'm only limited to 3, so I have to choose them carefully >_<

Let me think...

1: In an earlier blog, you said you had another story in mind for Shade from Sonic Chronicles. You stated that the first story she appeared in (The Chronicles adaption) was non-canon to the comics main storyline. If this new story was to be published, would it this time be part of the main Archieverse; if so, does that mean everybody who met her in the Chronicles story (Tails and Knuckles specifically) would have no recolection of meeting her in that first story? Hope this all makes sense.

2: In earlier issues, one of the key differences between the Overlanders and the Humans of SS was that Overlanders had 4 fingers while humans had 5 fingers. But in more recent issues, Overlander characters like Hope and the Iron Queen are shown to have 5 fingers like the humans. Is this simply a retconn, or a mistake?

3: In the game universe, there is a confusion conserning Blaze's origin; one is that she comes from a parallel dimention (As depicted in the comic) while another says she came from the future (The same one Silver comes from). Do you plan to incorperate this in the comic at some point (with an explination for it)?

Sorry my questions came out so long XD
Last edited by TheFatPanda on Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby 2tailed » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:22 pm

1. If the Zone of Silence became the Special Zone, what on Mobius was the Special Zone as seen in STH#4? Zonic seemed to imply in SSS#8 that it was a multiverse zone...
2. If Sonic can't travel the Cosmic Interstate without Zone Cop approval (SSS#8 again), how could he even access the CI in #197 when the interstate was on lockdown?
Last edited by 2tailed on Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2tailed
BumbleKnight

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius