Ask Ian XXVII - Let's Try that Again

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby Mr Saxon » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:45 pm

1. Regarding your future plans for King Max, why did you bring him back in #170? Wouldn't it have been better to let him go then if you were always going to have him 'degenerate'?

2. In the last M30YL arc there was mention of 'E-107 Theta' and the 'Anarchy Beryl Bomb'. If you ever decide to go back the future again will these be cropping up as possible plot elements?

3. Will the Destructix has to start scouting for a new name now that they're down to just 5 members?
Mr Saxon
BumbleKnight

Postby dragoonanime » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:55 pm

1) If you do another M30YL will manik and sonia have a bigger role than the last one?

2) Will eggman become a big threat to sonic and the gang again after the iron domion arc is over?

3) If you had been able to keep both mecha and ADAM in the comic would you have made them more of a threat then they were?
dragoonanime
BumbleCitizen

Postby kryptyk » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:32 pm

1. What are your thoughts on the Power Gems and their origins, abilities, limits, etc.? the MobiusWiki says they're magical objects that are connected to the Chaos Force, but I haven't read anything in-comic to support that.

2. Since it appears that Sonic will be present in "Journey to the East" and not in #110-113(114?) that corresponds with it, by that standpoint alone, wouldn't it make more sense to have switched the stories with the comic titles?

3. Along with giving reasons why, could you please tell us who in February's Character Q&A were the most and least surprising characters you got questions addressed to?
kryptyk
BumbleNoble

Postby Barak » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:02 am

1. Where did you get the idea for the new Knuckles arc in Sonic Universe?

2. Do you plan on coming to the San Deago Comic Con?

3. You said that you were able to do issue 200 because you reassured Sega that the status quo would be re-established and basically return everything to the way it was. Do you ever plan on changing the status quo or is that something you aren't allowed to do?
Barak
BumbleNewbie

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:45 am

Did you happen to catch "Turtles Forever" last weekend? If so, has their way of playing with the multiverse given you any sort of ideas for the comic?

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby DC » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:57 am

Can you think of any situation where Sega would lift their ban on letting Robotnic being defeated for good?
DC
BumbleKnight

Postby Big Al Son » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:45 am

1. In #194, Fiona mentioned her parents. I thought they were killed during Robotnik’s takeover. Are we’re going to find out more about her family and past in the future?

2. How would you react if another writer gets involved with the comics as well?

3. Out of the female villains, who’s your favorite?
Big Al Son
BumbleKnight

Postby Milox » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:24 pm

1.) Forgive me if I am jumping the gun on this one (what with it being a recent issue, in an ongoing arc no less), but after Finitevus finished playing Portal with Mighty in SU 10, he says to him "Not that I have to answer to you of all people" Is he simply referring to what he would consider his inferiors, or is that directed at Mighty particularly?

2.) In last weeks answering session you went you described the kind of world Mobius would be should Eggman have emerged victorious...same question, only with Mogul triumphant.

3.) Are there any characters you would have liked writing for, but were removed from the storyline or rendered unwritable for some reason, before you took over?
Milox
BumbleClan

Postby Kintobor » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:11 pm

1. Would we ever get a small insight into what happened on Robotnik's dimension before he came to Mobius Prime?
Kintobor
BumbleFan

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:16 pm

1. Was Croctobot's destruction something permanent, or will he pull the old Crocbot trick of coming back just when you think he's gone for good?

2. While I understand Tommy Turtle was a much hated character, would you have kept A.D.A.M. around/bring him back if he could keep the mechanical turtle look without Tommy being involved? I personally quite enjoyed that look.

3. Would Omega be affected by Magitek, or did Eggman make sure that all of his robots were protected from the Iron Queen's powers just in case she got any ideas about usurping power?
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby bsonic10 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:06 am

1) Comparing Regina and Snively, who would you say is more technologically inclined? Regina of course has Magitek, however Snively has been seen building and programming technology and robots for most of his life, with some tutelage from Dr. Robotnik.

2) How would you say Regina matches up to Eggman (in his prime) intellectually? I ask because a rough estimate (question 20) you did a while back got me wondering just how she would compare to him.
bsonic10
BumbleClan

Postby Xeric » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:43 pm

1 - What are the names of Mighty's parents and his younger sibling? Being a Mighty fanatic, I must know everything about him and his family. D;
Xeric
BumbleKnight

Postby Orion101 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:58 pm

1. Could you please explain what it is that Catweazel actually does for Gen. Von Stryker, it seems odd for a man like him to keep someone as annoying as that parrot around unless he served a purpose?

2. The House of Ivo was said to be the most prestigious family in Overlander society, and Hopes grandmother had the name of Lady Agnes. Given from what we've seen from both sides of her family does that mean Hope is technically nobility even if she doesn't have any authority?

3. In your opinion how would you describe the relationship between Salma and Rutan. They had apparently continued seeing each other for five years in the recent story?
Orion101
BumbleFan

Postby Yume » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:01 pm

Omg. I am asking Ian stuff. D: I never thought I'd get a chance. I apologize in advance if any of these have been answered before. ;_;
Anyhoo...

1 - Is Bark mute? I like that he doesn't talk, it makes him more mysterious and awesome for some reason, but I was just wondering if he was mute, or took a vow of silence, lost his voice, or something like that. I'm just asking cuz I doubt you'll delve into an in-depth back story for him or Bean (or at least, it would be twenty bajillion years before you did... (hearty laughter)).

2 - Is Bean inspired by Woody Woodpecker, or perhaps the Aracuan Bird (hehe, Three Caballeros for the win!!)? XD I know, silly question, but I mean, he's just so random and psychotic, I just have to know what inspires his craziness.

3 - Will there ever be more important bird characters? The few that there are, doesn't have very much to them (Bean's the best though! XD), and I feel you could come up with an awesome bird person (or two... or three...(hearty laughter)) if you wanted to... :P I also feel like you could do some interesting stuff with the Babylon Rogues too if Sega would let you, but they're probably planning another Riders game (I hope so!!) which would prolly be why they wouldn't let you touch them at this point. And then I remember the Battlebird Armada being mentioned a couple times, but I know that's something you won't be getting to very soon, so maybe new birdies then?

Thanks for answering Ian, you rock!! :D

edit - dude, L-O-L gets edited into "hearty laughter"? O_o okay then...
Yume
BumbleFan

Postby The King of Shadows » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:22 pm

1. What became of the Egg Tortoise?

2. Does Elias still have Sir Connery's "Sword of Light"?

3. Will the code Robotnik used to escape be explained?
The King of Shadows
BumbleKnight

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius