Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog Chronology

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog Chronology

Postby TheFatPanda » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:15 pm

Whoops, I meant "Hidden Costs".
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby Scruffy » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:23 pm

Go home, Panda, you're drunk!
Scruffy
BumbleClan

Postby TheFatPanda » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:49 pm

YOU'RE DRUNK *hic* I'm sowwy baby I loooOooOoOove you.

But anyway, this is how it should go:

Sonic the Hedgehog: 277
Sonic the Hedgehog: 278-279 ("Hidden Costs: Part 2-3")
Sonic the Hedgehog: 278-279 ("Face of the Enemy")
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby Kureejii Lea » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:52 pm

Sir, I think you've had enough.

(and yes, Face of the Enemy is after Hidden Costs)
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween

Postby Scruffy » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:09 pm

Haha, Lea cut off the silly tipsy Panda!

...wait, is Lea the Bumblebartender now?
Scruffy
BumbleClan

Postby diamonddeath » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:03 am

Cool, thanks for the info. I've updated the timeline with those suggestions. Have you gotten around to looking up about Sonic Jump and Sonic Dash?

I also wanted to suggest including Sonic 2006 into the old timeline somehow since Ian did say a while back on the forum that it happened, and I had been meaning to include it, but I'm not sure where it would fit best. We would have to take into consideration the state of the world in the game and try to match it as best as possible to an appropriate point in the comics. Some things to consider are that it is the first time anyone has met Silver (he first appears in issue 194), Blaze had not yet been sent to the Sol Zone (she first appears in issue 160), and whatever design Omega had, since I recall his design changing at one point in the games. Actually, Omega first appeared in Sonic Universe issue 3, which was after Silver and Blaze appeared in the comics. It doesn't really seem like the game can fit at all, but it did happen... so how?
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

Postby Toby » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:16 am

It happened differently than the games, just like every other adaptation in the comic.
Toby
BumbleNoble

Postby TheFatPanda » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:47 am

I'd say it best just to leave it out since it can go literally anywhere. And like Toby said, it can hardly count as the actual game considering how many differences there'd have to be.
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby Scruffy » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:09 pm

diamonddeath wrote:Cool, thanks for the info. I've updated the timeline with those suggestions. Have you gotten around to looking up about Sonic Jump and Sonic Dash?

Considering that Sonic Dash features the red star rings, which were officially introduced in Sonic Universe's "Spark of Life," it wouldn't make sense to feature Dash anywhere before Spark. My suggestion is to place it after Sonic Universe #75, when Sonic's just gotten back from his team-up with Silver in taking down Metal Sonic. There's a bit of room between there and Worlds Unite to squeeze in an extra adventure.

As for Sonic Jump, I'm looking back at the date it was first published as a clue to where to squeeze it in, which was during Countdown to Chaos. I think the first place there would be a gap between stories to take some time off for a sidequest like that would be after the Freedom Fighters rescued Chuck and Professor Pickle from the train, so my suggestion is to put it right before "Waves of Change," starting in Sonic #260.
Scruffy
BumbleClan

Postby TheFatPanda » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:36 am

I dunno if you noticed, but I got a little creative with the timeline on ME by doing the following:

-Turned Worlds Unite into a "mid-saga" (in this case, I labelled it as "Saga 1.5"), since it gets erased and has little impact on the storyline going forward.
-At the beginning of "Saga 2", I put the altered versions of StH#272 and SU#75, plus the scene from World Unite part 1 that is presumably still canon.

So now it looks like this:
•Mega Man: 52 (Sonic and Eggman awaken after the events of "Worlds Unite" are retconned)
•Sonic the Hedgehog: 272 (same as before only the scenes of Eggman arriving on the Lost Hex don't happen)
•Sonic Universe: 75 (same as before only the scenes of Eggman on the Lost Hex don't happen)
•Sonic Universe: 76 (Sonic running through Green Hill Zone and finding the Master Emerald shard)
•Sonic Super Special Magazine 10: "Sonic Dash"
•Sonic 276 and so on...

(Also put Sonic Dash in its recommended place; although I say we'd have to change it if it's ever established in the next few issues that they still have the one Red Star Ring)
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby Scruffy » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:50 pm

TheFatPanda wrote:I dunno if you noticed, but I got a little creative with the timeline on ME by doing the following:

-Turned Worlds Unite into a "mid-saga" (in this case, I labelled it as "Saga 1.5"), since it gets erased and has little impact on the storyline going forward.
-At the beginning of "Saga 2", I put the altered versions of StH#272 and SU#75, plus the scene from World Unite part 1 that is presumably still canon.

So now it looks like this:
•Mega Man: 52 (Sonic and Eggman awaken after the events of "Worlds Unite" are retconned)
•Sonic the Hedgehog: 272 (same as before only the scenes of Eggman arriving on the Lost Hex don't happen)
•Sonic Universe: 75 (same as before only the scenes of Eggman on the Lost Hex don't happen)
•Sonic Universe: 76 (Sonic running through Green Hill Zone and finding the Master Emerald shard)
•Sonic Super Special Magazine 10: "Sonic Dash"
•Sonic 276 and so on...

(Also put Sonic Dash in its recommended place; although I say we'd have to change it if it's ever established in the next few issues that they still have the one Red Star Ring)

Well for argument's sake, we could say that the Unite retcon erased the extra red star ring/s they found in the Dash story. It's not perfect, but it's probably the easiest fit we'll find. Ultiamtely I guess whether Dash comes before or after Universe 76 doesn't matter too much, but I would put it before, since Sonic finding the Master Emerald shard was where where WU kicked off, even if it was retconned.
Scruffy
BumbleClan

Postby TheFatPanda » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:15 pm

On the subject of the Secret Rings comic: the game (and by extension the Target-exclusive comic) came out in the States on February 20th 2007. After doing a bit of digging, I can confirm that this was the day before #172 was released in comic stores.

If you need a base for where to put it in the timeline, here ya go.
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby diamonddeath » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:48 am

Well, with the forum closing, where is the best place to post this timeline now?
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:21 am

diamonddeath wrote:Well, with the forum closing, where is the best place to post this timeline now?

well, I posted the mega man timeline over on my forum, but that will probably not be very helpful for this particular one.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:49 am

You could create a website for the Timeline. Like include details about the issues include variations like the chronological order of events and stuff like that.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius