Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog Chronology

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog Chronology

Postby diamonddeath » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:44 pm

I'm thinking at this point the three stories that have no placement could take place either around when they debuted or in the future of the previous timeline before the reboot. Any thoughts on this?
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

Postby TheFatPanda » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:19 pm

How exactly would the latter work...?
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby diamonddeath » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:17 am

What do you mean?
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

Postby TheFatPanda » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:25 am

In that there's absolutely no reason to put Lost World in the old timelines future...
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby diamonddeath » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:38 pm

TheFatPanda wrote:In that there's absolutely no reason to put Lost World in the old timelines future...

I was thinking that it was released during the Endangered Species arc. When was it released?
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

Postby TheFatPanda » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:28 pm

diamonddeath wrote:
TheFatPanda wrote:In that there's absolutely no reason to put Lost World in the old timelines future...

I was thinking that it was released during the Endangered Species arc. When was it released?

October 2013. Ergo during CDtC.
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby diamonddeath » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:50 pm

TheFatPanda wrote:
diamonddeath wrote:

Ah, ok. Do you remember when the Sonic Jump and Sonic Dash comics were released?
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

Postby TheFatPanda » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:46 pm

diamonddeath wrote:
TheFatPanda wrote:
diamonddeath wrote:

Ah, ok. Do you remember when the Sonic Jump and Sonic Dash comics were released?

Both after that. Sonic Jump like a month later. And Sonic Dash in around February.
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby diamonddeath » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:49 pm

Interesting. I have no idea where they would be placed. I guess they can be placed in release order at some point in the future? I would say the Sonic Dash and Sonic Jump games could be Another Time, Another Place, but it doesn't seem like that even exists anymore. Ian said not to worry about them, so I'm wondering if it means they are non-cannon.
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

Postby diamonddeath » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:58 pm

I'm starting to think that we can place Sonic Jump and Sonic Dash in their release order and just have a note next to each one saying it is a non-canon bonus story. Any thoughts?
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

Postby Scruffy » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:37 pm

diamonddeath wrote:I'm starting to think that we can place Sonic Jump and Sonic Dash in their release order and just have a note next to each one saying it is a non-canon bonus story. Any thoughts?

You're probably right, but they weren't listed as "Another Time, Another Place" like the other shameless game plugs elseworld stories usually are. Hence the confusion for the continuity buffs. :P
Scruffy
BumbleClan

Postby diamonddeath » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:40 pm

Scruffy wrote:
diamonddeath wrote:I'm starting to think that we can place Sonic Jump and Sonic Dash in their release order and just have a note next to each one saying it is a non-canon bonus story. Any thoughts?

You're probably right, but they weren't listed as "Another Time, Another Place" like the other shameless game plugs elseworld stories usually are. Hence the confusion for the continuity buffs. :P

Yeah, I really don't know. If I remember correctly, Ian told me not to worry about their placement in the timeline, so that leads me to believe they are noncanon bonus stories, but at the same time I feel like we can give a footnote explaining that we don't know their status exactly.
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

Postby Scruffy » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:42 am

diamonddeath wrote:
Scruffy wrote:

Yeah, I really don't know. If I remember correctly, Ian told me not to worry about their placement in the timeline, so that leads me to believe they are noncanon bonus stories, but at the same time I feel like we can give a footnote explaining that we don't know their status exactly.

Maybe we could jam them in somewhere when the characters are between missions, or something? I'd have to have a look at my collection to figure out where the first place that could be possible after each one's release is...
Scruffy
BumbleClan

Postby TheFatPanda » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:24 pm

Minor thing, should we place all three parts of "Face of the Enemy" together in their own slot? I hardly doubt the events of it are still going on even while Sonic is in the Thunder Plains and Shamar.
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby Scruffy » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:56 pm

TheFatPanda wrote:Minor thing, should we place all three parts of "Face of the Enemy" together in their own slot? I hardly doubt the events of it are still going on even while Sonic is in the Thunder Plains and Shamar.

I think so. I would say that Thunder, Rain, and Lightning from 277 comes first, then Hidden Costs, then Face of the Enemy.
Scruffy
BumbleClan

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius