Sonic Comic Collections

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:46 pm

jcfreak16 wrote:Image

I'm assuming that's the one.

Why is Sonic kicking Sabrina in the face? :?
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Lewanut » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:51 pm

sonicblueranger wrote:

Maybe because she's a witch and he's had too many bad experiences with magic users?

Veggie Burgers,
Lewanut
Lewanut
BumbleClan

Postby Illustrious Q » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:19 pm

sonicblueranger wrote:

I'll let you know as soon as it arrives in 2 weeks. 8)
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby Mustachio » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:40 pm

I'm suprised you miss that one quite honestly. I seemed to remember it. I was reminded of its exsistence through Sonic HQ and I think it was in Sonic Mega Collection in the gallary.

Gah, why must your collection be so awesome? :)
Mustachio
BumbleClan

Postby Illustrious Q » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:44 pm

Maybe it's because it's Sonic, and as we all know Sonic is the very definition of cool. 8) And thanks for bring up Sonic HQ. I've only been on the main site a couple of times to check on publication dates, which are alright for the most part but then get really off in the early issues, and I missed the crossover section for the comics.

In doing so, surprise surprise, I found something else that I'm missing from my collection... more specifically 14 somethings. It would seem that SSS #12 was a reprint of Sonic the Hedgehog Story published in Comic Shop News issues 619-632. Now I'm in a bit of a predicament, where am I going to find 14 issues of basically the comic shop newspaper published back in 1999?
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby Mustachio » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:01 pm

The Illustrious Q wrote:In doing so, surprise surprise, I found something else that I'm missing from my collection... more specifically 14 somethings. It would seem that SSS #12 was a reprint of Sonic the Hedgehog Story published in Comic Shop News issues 619-632. Now I'm in a bit of a predicament, where am I going to find 14 issues of basically the comic shop newspaper published back in 1999?

XD I personally decided to skip those. I dunno, thats TOO much. I think the Sonic Super Special "Turnabout Heroes" was enough to cover that. I'll get the other Archie publications though like the Sabrina issue and the Archie and Friends issue but that about does it for me. :P

If you do look for those, good luck! I think I even tried browsing for them but couldn't find any luck.
Mustachio
BumbleClan

Postby Illustrious Q » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:34 pm

Realistically I don't think I'm going to find them, and I think I'm just going to skip them. Google search turned up nothing and I'm not quite ready to start calling up every comic book shop in New England looking for them. :(hearty laughter): Ah well, back to focusing on getting StC.
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby theJcfreak » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:17 pm

@ Illustrious Q: Here's a comic you may want to pick up. Archie's Weird Mysteries, September 1999, ashcan copy. It was a promotional tie-in for the TV show and led off to it's own short-lived comic series. There's a picture of it here. It's the first one, with Sabrina on the cover. Sonic is supposed to be in it, I'm not entirely sure, but I thought you might want to at least look into it.
theJcfreak
BumbleChosen

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:23 pm

Sonic's in the background for like a panel. Because Sabrina uses her magic to bring comic characters to life to fight the monsters.

Oops, spoilers.

Postby Illustrious Q » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:25 pm

Update for my collection. Now what else could I possibly add? Well how's about a little StC.

Pictured are Issues 1, 7, 29, & 87-94. It's small at the moment, but it is a start. And considering I got the issue where Fleetway Super Sonic first showed up it is a very good start. Now if only I could find some bags and boards for them here in the US. :(hearty laughter):

And I'd figured I'd better announce this now, I'm going to be making a trip to London for the summer of 2011 as a reward to myself for graduating from college and I'm planning on making the trip during the Summer of Sonic for that year. So my question for those of you who live in/near the capital of the British Isle, know of any good Comic Shops in London? And any advice for locations to site see would be appreciated.
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby DLM X-13 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:06 pm

I do, in fact, know of two excellent comic shops in London, but I don't believe you'd be able to find any StC issues at either...but here are the addresses anyway!

Gosh Comics
www.goshlondon.com
39 Great Russell Street
London WC1B 3NZ

Orbital Comics
www.orbitalcomics.com
8 Great Newport Street
London WC2H 7JA

Have fun :D Also make sure to stop and see some of the art galleries - I recommend Tate Britain, Riflemaker and The Museum Of Everything.
DLM X-13
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mustachio » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:47 pm

Nice new comics, Q. I got the rest of my collection in the mail. I was going to wait until I got issue #210 to post anything, but what the hey. Maybe I'll post the rest of what I got tonight.

My issue 9 is in poor condition though. XP Got it for real cheap. It was the only one I could find so I figure I use it as a placeholder until I find a nicer copy. Its just a kind of beat up. Its got its cover though, and all the pages, so really, that's all that matters to me.

I even went out and got all the miscellaneous stuff like the Secret Rings DVD, the Sabrina crossover, Archie & Friends Halloween Tale, and even issue 1/4.
Mustachio
BumbleClan

Postby Illustrious Q » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:04 pm

Nice one Constable. I think the 2 of us are going to have the largest collection of Sonic Comics on the forums. Now if only I could find a faster, and cheaper, way of getting ahold of those StH Issues. The exchange rate between the US and GB currencies is going to kill my wallet. :(hearty laughter):
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby Mustachio » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:31 pm

I was worried about that too. The exchange rates must send prices through the roof sometimes. I can only guess the shipping takes awhile.

You probably noticed this too, but it seems StC issues are becoming more common on eBay. Good thing, I say.

Your lucky to get to go to Summer of Sonic this year. You should take lots of pictures. I might try to go too, I do want to go one year.
Mustachio
BumbleClan

Postby Illustrious Q » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:43 pm

It's not going to be this summer, but the summer of 2011... and I will and I will post my pics here, when I make my trip. :) I'm planning now way in advance so that I well prepared for when I go. This trip is going to take me being frugal with my money for the next year so I want every single cent I earn to count.

And I agree that they are becoming more common on ebay... still rare though, but they are becoming more common. And the exchange rate is back up to a ratio of 2:1 so basically take whatever the price is for the comic, plus the shipping and double it.
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius