Sonic Comic Collections

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby Illustrious Q » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:55 pm

While it is true that getting that getting the Archives is much easier than going digging around for the old stuff, it just doesn't give quite the same feeling of accomplishment as getting every single issue does. Like I just did at Noon today. Presenting for the first time in one picture the entire Archie Sonic Collection.

http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww21 ... 1_2195.jpg

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, in this case it's worth about a thousand bucks. :D And to think I only started collecting the books 11 months ago.
Last edited by Illustrious Q on Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby theJcfreak » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:59 pm

The Illustrious Q wrote:While it is true that getting that getting the Archives is much easier than going digging around for the old stuff, it just doesn't give quite the same feeling of accomplishment as getting every single issue does. Like I just did at Noon today. Presenting for the first time in one picture the entire Archie Sonic Collection.

http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww21 ... 0_2193.jpg

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, in this case it's worth about a thousand bucks. :D And to think I only started collecting the books 11 months ago.

*twitches*
theJcfreak
BumbleChosen

Postby Penpen2nd » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:01 pm

The Illustrious Q wrote:While it is true that getting that getting the Archives is much easier than going digging around for the old stuff, it just doesn't give quite the same feeling of accomplishment as getting every single issue does. Like I just did at Noon today. Presenting for the first time in one picture the entire Archie Sonic Collection.

http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww21 ... 0_2193.jpg

Only 11 months? In comparsion I've been buying the comic for over ten years and I'm missing many many issues. Where did you get all of your issues from?

PS: I just noticed that you even have the Sabrina issue that Sonic appeared in!
Penpen2nd
BumbleKnight

Postby Amir » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:12 pm

Sonic comic collection?
I have in near mint:

StH 22
StH 29
StH 177
StH 178
StH 193
StH 194
StH 195
StH 196
StH 197
StH 198
StH 199
StH 200
StH 201
StH 202
StH 203
SU 2
SU 3
SU 4
SU 5
SU 6

I got holes in my collection big enough to fly the Egg Fleet through :cry:
Need to fill them as well as get the other series: Death egg saga, KtE, SSS, NiGHTS... :?
Amir
BumbleKnight

Postby Illustrious Q » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:23 pm

Penpen2nd wrote:

http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww21 ... 1_2195.jpg

Only 11 months? In comparsion I've been buying the comic for over ten years and I'm missing many many issues. Where did you get all of your issues from?

PS: I just noticed that you even have the Sabrina issue that Sonic appeared in!

I know and if you also look carefully at the updated link I also have the 1/4 issue that was published in 1992 advertising for the series. Ain't I a stinker? :wink:

As for how I managed to accomplish this, I got my issues form basically 4 places.

Archie Comics Their collectors sets were great for getting half of the series for about $120. And their offer for getting the entire run of Sonic X was just too good to give up. I called them directly for that.

Scott's Comics, which was where I ended up getting a fair number of my missing issues.

My Comic Shop.com Also where I got a fair number of issue from.

And then of course there's ebay, where people are selling these books all the time. Most of the sales are over priced but if you wait long enough usually a good deal comes around.

I just happen to be one of those guys who needs to read an entire story from start to finish, and having an incomplete collection is something that annoys me to no end. So you could say I was a little motivated to get them all.
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby theJcfreak » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:10 am

Mine's growing steadily. I now have:

Sonic Miniseries #0-4 ~ It's in Sonic Archives form.

Sonic the Hedgehog #1-44 ~ Also in Sonic Archives form.

Archives #0-11 ~ There. That covers all the Archives.

Select #1-2 I have both Sonic Selects released.

Sonic the Hedgehog #155-193, 196-204 ~ I have all these in regular issue format.

Sonic Universe #1-7 ~ An active subscription.

Sonic X #33-40 Sadly I discovered this at the end of it's run.

Currently I'm working on saving up for more back orders from Archie. And #194-195, which I can't find anywhere. I'm not really worried about Sonic X, and I have all the Archives and Selects available.
theJcfreak
BumbleChosen

Postby Illustrious Q » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:34 am

Got a couple more comics that relate to StH, but aren't exactly apart of the series. I count them anyways. 8)

The Sonic and the Secret Rings Target exclusive I had when I posted my last shot, however I didn't have it with my collection when I took the pic. It was with my Wii and the various games that go with it. Nights I ended up picking up by chance on ebay about a month ago, saw the whole series being sold in one package and I wasn't going to let that pass. And finally, one year to the day after I received my first Sonic Comic straight from Archie Comics, I now have every single Sonic Comic published in the United States, with me obtaining Sonic the Mini-comic. Now to move on to the next part of my collection... getting every issue of Sonic the Comic.
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby phoenixdaughterAM » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:38 am

Nice! Even the Potto adaptation of Secret Rings. *applause*

I'd do stuff like this. But I've bought enough stuff right now. And this will take awhile.
phoenixdaughterAM
BumbleNoble

Postby DLM X-13 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:46 am

Wicked! I can no longer claim I own every single issue. STC issues are EXTREMELY tough to find... I have about 10 of them. Good luck! :)
DLM X-13
BumbleCitizen

Postby Eggplant » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:29 pm

My older siblings have a HUGE stash of old comics, but they're not mine, despite the fact that they're no longer interested...

My collection is poop because I don't live near a comic shop. Oh wells.

-Main Sth: 195-205 (missing 197. darn you Barnes&Noble.) ongoing subscription.

-Sonic Universe: 2-8 (missing #1. darn you Borders!)(ongoing subscription)

-Sonic Archives: 6

-Sonic X: 40

FCBD 2009
Eggplant
BumbleFan

Postby Mr Saxon » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:33 pm

Main STH: 138-141, 146-147, 155-181, 183-184, 189-204 (#182 cannot be found ANYWHERE!)

Sonic Universe: 1-7 (still waiting on #8 )

Sonic Archives: 5-11

Sonic X: 34-40

Not bad considering I started collecting only in August 2008 beginning with STH #191!
Mr Saxon
BumbleKnight

Postby mynameisofnoimportance » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:45 pm

What was the Secret Rings adaptation like?

I've never even seen that comic before.

As for my collection, its not bad. I have 128 to current and quite a few issues before that. I'm collecting all of SU but I never got Sonic X. The issue I want the most right now that I can't afford is 125.
mynameisofnoimportance
BumbleKnight

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:01 pm

Iv got

Sonic:The Begining

Sonic Archives 1-11

Sonic Select 1 And 2

STH# 54-77,140,144-153,155-204

All three issues of the death egg saga

SSS 3 7 and 10

SU#1-8

And Sonic X 3 and 4
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Illustrious Q » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:58 pm

A few new additions to my Sonic comic collection. Some of you might be wondering how I can add to an already complete comic series, well let's just say I went one step beyond the actual issues.

I managed to get my hands on 5 original comic pages, all of which I plan to frame and hang after Christmas. 3 of the pages are from Tracey Yardley!, 2 of those are from 200 and the other is the spoilerific alternate cover to StH 210 :D. One of them is by the very talented Renae De Liz and I'm sure everyone knows exactly which page it is. The fifth one is one I came across by chance on Ebay about a month ago. It's a page drawn by Manny Galen, specifically page 8 of KtE #1. Needless to say I jump on it as soon as I saw it.

I've had the StH 200 2 pack from Jazware for a while now, it's just that everytime I took a picture of my collection I forgot to add it into the shot. :(hearty laughter):

And finally I managed to get my hands on my first issue of Sonic the Comic, StC #29. You know I never realized how large British comics were until I actually got my hands on one. Now I need to figure out how I'm going to store it. All and all my collection seems to be growing slowly, but surely.
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby cdbrereton » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:49 pm

U have no idea how much i envy u right now Q. :(hearty laughter):
cdbrereton
BumbleKnight

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius