Ask Ian for FEB'09 - Novelty Answer Month - Finis~

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby Penpen2nd » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:14 pm

When does Sonic Universe #4 take place? I'm asking because I noticed that in issue 181 Rouge says that Shadow is their best & newest agent. So, I was wondering if Sonic Universe #4 is a flashback issue that shows Shadow joining GUN or does the issue take place after Sonic #200?
Penpen2nd
BumbleKnight

Postby Lewanut » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:54 pm

1.Archimedes - In the last panel of page ten of StH #183 (not counting ads), it looks like you're receiving a telepathic message. Spill. What was it about?

2. Elias - Why did you let someone who tried to kill you (Amadeus) go free?

3. Dear Aly,
I'm sort of the nerdy type. I like technology and politics, and am not in such good physical shape. I have this crazy crush on somebody I know who's active in the field, and she's actually quite fit and physically attractive. Let's call her "Mary Kay." Mary Kay has rather dubious moral character and dresses somewhat - erm - suggestively. I'm hoping that if we get together, I can change her. What should I do?
Purple Playa'

Veggie Burgers,
Lewanut
Lewanut
BumbleClan

Postby Osiris » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:58 pm

Биг: У тебя есть машина?
Osiris
BumbleNewbie

Postby Spin » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:28 pm

Amy, if Sonic were to marry in the future, and it wasn't to you. Do you think you would move on with your life and find another guy, or would you remain faithful that Sonic would be unhappy with her in time and you may get your chance to be with him? By the way, I'm rooting for you to come out on top. Go get him girl.

The Magnificent Former King Acorn, with all the new advancements the kingdoms has been through compared to the olden days before Dr. Robotnik, New Mobotropolis is at the peak of Mobian technology being run by NICOLE. I must ask, why you are you still in that old fashion wheelchair? I'd think Tails, Rotor, or Sir Charles could develop an automatic wheelchair that can move by itself for you. It would be a vast improvement where as you wouldn't have your wife pushing you around literally.

Shade, Ian says if we're lucky we may be seeing you around 2011 in the comic. And with your only appearance in a short cliffhanger story of what I like to think of the very possible future. Is there anything you want to get off your chest and say, since we aren't going to be seeing you anytime soon, if at all?
Spin
BumbleClan

Postby Cerwyn » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:29 pm

To Lien-Da: What in the name of all that is holy possessed you to team up with Robotnik? You know, the guy who helped the dingoes wipe out a good portion of your people? Did Enerjak rid you of your common sense when he took away your cybernetic parts?

To Finitevus: If your plans for cleansing the world worked, what would the world look like? What could the survivors expect, if there were any.

To Knuckles: If you could see your father again, what would you say to him? I know what it's like to have a lot of unresolved issues with one's parents so if you could see him again, what would you do?
Cerwyn
BumbleFan

Postby Orion101 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:06 pm

To Eggman: I found out some time ago that Tails and Hope's genius is potentially on par with your own. What's your opinion on how those two kids might one day rival you as they grow older?

To Sir Charles: Since you were her teacher what is your opinion on Hope's technological prowess, does it concern you?

To Lara-Su: How did you feel when you found out your friend was dating Rutan?
Orion101
BumbleFan

Postby Glaber » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:29 pm

I hope this doesn't use up one of my questions.

Osiris' question Translated: [Big]: Do you have a machine? (Is this translated correctly Osiris?)

Any way on to my questions. (Replacement questions coming soon)

EDIT: Ian here. Thanks for the translation, but NO TO THE FAN-CHARACTERS. Change the post or I delete it.

Rewritten Questions: Dr. Finitevus, how would you react if some one with what's considered to be author powers in fan-comics were to try to wipe your plannet off the map with you on it?

STH Sonic: Lately I haven't seen you act in a way that lets me know you know you're in a comic. Have the events since issue 50 been preventing you from doing so?

New question: Nicole, how would you react if one day someone somehow gave you a body of your very own, and you could do everything a regular mobian could do? Also you may want to look into hard Light holograms. (See Red Dwarf Season 6 to understand what I'm talking about with the suggestion)

(Not one of the 3: Is this better Ian?)
Last edited by Glaber on Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:42 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Glaber
BumbleCitizen

Postby lambda6 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:41 pm

I think Osiris is trying to ask Big "do you have a car?"

I already asked my questions, just thought I'd clarify
lambda6
BumbleFan

Postby Count Koopula » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:29 pm

Dear Knuckles,
How do you type with boxing gloves on? (I couldn't resist.)

To Tails : Do you ever feel bad about that time you spazzed out, and beat the ba-jeebles out of your best bud Sonic?

To Marine : Considering alot of people find you annoying, (not me, you're awesome!) how well do you get along with your new friends Sonic, Tails, & Blaze?
Count Koopula
BumbleClan

Postby Excelhedge » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:37 pm

Dear ally: I've been try to get this one girl to notice me. She has amazing Beutiful Brown and Black fur. Stylish sense of fashion. Althogh I see her often around New Mobotropolis, I just can't seem to get close to her. Everytime I get the nerve to speak to her she seems to vanish or is surrounded by guys that are high ranking or protecting our freedom, that make me pale by by comparision.

I know should give up on her, but I really would love to get to know her.

What should I do?

Signed
Longing for a Lynx :oops:
Last edited by Excelhedge on Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Excelhedge
BumbleKnight

Postby Taco » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:03 pm

(I'm going to go ahead and bold the main idea of each of my questions so that it's clear what I'm asking, and you don't have to answer "questions within questions." But to be more specific, I'm going to go into detail with specifically what I'd like answered with these questions, thereby probably making myself guilty of asking the "questions within questions." In short: ignore what isn't in bold if it breaks the rules.)

To Ian: Theoretically, under what circumstances-storywise-are these characters able to answer our questions? I realize it is just you acting in character answering these questions, but should by some cosmic or supernatural circumstance these questions actually reach the characters, would they be A) suddenly hear a voice in their head? B) be pulled from their regular existence into some kind of waiting room/your room, where they then view the text, and tell you their answers, or C) some other medium/method?

To Nicole: What are your thoughts on the concept of a "soul?" Do you believe that their existence could be a possibility? And if so, do you believe that you have one? That one manifested when you were programmed and booted up for the first time, as you seem to be a sentient being even though you are a computer program? (Sorry if this is too touchy an issue, both to Ian and Nicole.)

Once more to Ian: If you were told to reboot this comic today, what would this new comic be like? That question popped into my head the other day. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom
Taco
BumbleKnight

Postby DelectaBit » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:08 pm

Ian- Any idea if the off-panel comics will ever return?
DelectaBit
BumbleCitizen

Postby Korochan » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:11 pm

Ian - When you're writing about the races that live on Angel Island - the Echidnas, Dingoes, and Fire Ants - how thick of an aussie accent do you imagine them with?

Scourge - what do you think of Mina? Would you give her another try if given the chance?
Korochan
BumbleNewbie

Postby megabeatman » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:42 pm

1. Nicole - What are your thoughts about dreaming?

2. Sir Charles - Even though you are a Council member, do you still operate your Chili Dog restaurant?
megabeatman
BumbleKnight

Postby Ian Flynn » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:35 am

Week 2, Round 3

Question #1 wrote:Соник: У тебя есть палец ногти?

Alright wise guy! Google translates that as: "Sonic: Do you have finger nails?"

I . . . don't think so? I dunno. I can't remember the last time I took off my gloves.

Question #2 wrote:Амий: Хочеш чашечку чаю?

Google Translated: "Amy: if you want a cup of tea?"

I . . . get one?

Question #3 wrote:If you had the chance, would you write for a new cartoon based on Archie?

I've not written for television, but I wouldn't be opposed to taking a crash course.

Question #4 wrote:Silver: Would you mind describing the people, and places of your future? I'd very much like to learn about it, and how your average day goes.

I would, but Ian's giving me this very discouraging look. You don't have to be a telepath to figure out what he's thinking. I guess I can say I don't know too many people in my time. Just my master and the Guardian of Onyx Island.

Question #5 wrote:Omega: So, who do you feel closer to: Rouge, Shadow, or some other G.U.N. agent? I realise you have no feelings, but, yeah. You get the point. Which do you think you relate more-so, to?

This is a difficult line of inquiry. I relate to Shadow as he is also a weapon of incredible power meant to protect the delicate and flammable things of this world. I relate to Rouge in that she is highly resourceful and I am also able to destroy things in many inventive ways. My personal mechanic . . . is very nice to me. She cannot tear the bulkhead out of a battleship but I find it easy to have meaningful verbal discourse with her.

Question #6 wrote:To Sally: Do you think you could defeat Fiona Fox in a fight?

I would prefer it not come down to violence. But . . . is Tails within ear-shot?

No, he's in the other room.

Okay. After what she did to his little heart, I'd kick her butt so hard it'd take her a month to get the knot out of her tail.

...princess!

I'm sorry, I know, not very mature of me. But you don't mess with my little Tails.

Question #7 wrote:To Bunnie: Considering your robotic arm, does your hugs are kind of dangerous?

Aw shoot no. Ah got full control over it. Now iff'n Ah wanted, Ah could do some damage, but it'd be a sad day when ya cain't trust a hug, now wouldn't it?

Question #8 wrote:To Silver: Time travel is a very risky business. I was just curious if you truly understand all the ramifications that messing around with the time could, and more than likely would, arise from such interference in history?

The first time I left for the past the world was a constant inferno. You couldn't find adequate water or food. The air stank from burning, and when there was nothing left to burn, its own smoke and ashes lit up. Since then I've seen my world freeze, drown and crumble. There isn't a "society," just pockets of survivors. Everyone is miserable and there's no hope for them. I'll risk everything to change my time.

Question #9 wrote:To Jules: How do you feel knowing that since you're basically immortal, barring any unforeseen physical mishap, that you're going to outlive everyone you ever cared about?

Probably not as different from you, seeing as you're - presumably - organic. You're going to face disease and broken bones. You're going to be sick through the nights and suffer through migraines.

Um...Jules?

You're going to grow old and frail, thinning out until you're a husk with brittle skin - -

Jules!

Eventually left alone to gasp out your last breath or shudder since you can't maintain your own body heat and you can't do a thing to prevent it because that's life.

Morbid much?

No. Not at all. He asked me something horrible, so I put it in perspective. Life's eventuality that you're going to suffer in the end. And if we're going to bring it up, let's just put it all on the line, right?

Yeah, um, let's just move on, shall we?

Peh.

Question #10 wrote:To Amadeus: How do you view your relationship with your brother Merlin?

We're not close, but we're not distant - if you follow. Our lives took very different paths. I've always been drawn to maps and logistics. I'm a logical thinker. Merlin was always enchanted by the whimsical. I'm very impressed with the power he's amassed and I'm proud of him. I hope he's doing well on his journey.

Question #11 wrote:What sort of courses/college classes should one take to improve one's writing, particularly for comics/Graphic Novels? I apologize if you had already answered this question.

It's been awhile; it can stand to be answered again.

I took a bit of a range of writing classes. I took a course on short stories to get a feel for constructing narrative with a deadline. I took a couple of courses studying the English language itself - see where it's come from, get "in its head" in a way. A took a bunch of the required courses that look at literature throughout the ages - a lot of which I didn't enjoy, but it was good exposure. And I took (probably too many) Shakespearean courses because I'm a sucker for the Bard.

Question #12 wrote:To Anti-Amy/Rosy: Just curious. Who would you rather see smashed first, out of anyone that you know?

Why my ScOuRgY of course! He's who I got all grown-up for! I waited in his castle and everything! I can smashies anyone, reallies, but he'll be first in my heart - AND TOP OF MY SMASHIES LIST EEE HEE HEE HEE!!!

Question #22 wrote:Nicole, Why a lynx? Out of all the animals you could have chosen to be.

I . . . don't know, honestly. It came naturally to me. I suppose it was one of my first free choices. I'm rather fond of it!

Question #23 wrote:Nicole, You don’t have a physical body. Do you ever have to use your feminine whiles to get someone to do something for you or to resolve a situation?

I'm afraid I do not have many "whiles" to fall back upon. I am still learning the finer intricacies of personal interaction. For now, asking politely has sufficed.

Question #24 wrote:Ash and Mina, Do you guys have any tattoos?

You just had to asking the yellow ones. Here, Ash, take my font for this. I'm out.

I don't have any, no. But Aaaaaaash doooooooes~!

N-No I don't. My early design concepts did, but that idea got nixed.

You're forgetting about that ooooooooooone~

MINA! Don't - don't tell them about that!

Hee-hee! Oh you're fun to tease!

Meanie. No - I don't have any tattoos.

*snicker*

Question #24 wrote:Hamlin, how do you feel about the other Council of Acorn members?

I have nothing but respect for them. We're forging a new future for New Mobotropolis. It's a big job, and they've all stepped up. I'm especially proud of Rotor - actually getting out there and doing something rather than festering in the Freedom Fighters and being content under Tails's shadow. It showed initiative, and that he really cares about our people.

Question #25 wrote: Bean, what do you think of your partner Bark?

That JERK?! That pompous, arrogant, mouthy furball?! That lumbering, oafish, grammatically-challenged, poorly dressed schmoe?! That flea-bitten, cap-wearin', garlic-smellin', soft-shoein' hunk of cheese?!

I love him like a brother!

Question #26 wrote:Fiona, what do you think about your old partners Bean, Bark, and Nic?

Bean's nuts, Bark's capable, and Nic's pretty good but a bit of a ditz. Out of all of them I'd work with Bark again first. Very professional.

Question #27 wrote:Flying Frog: Was it fun impersonating Vector and Sally that one time when you worked with Mogul?

Oh it was delightful fun! I especially liked being Sally!

What? Should I explain whyyyyyyyyyyyy I - -

No! We're moving on!

Question #28 wrote:Lumina: How are things on your end?

Balanced and bright, thank you!

Question #29 wrote:Bunnie: What would you do if you were somehow deroboticized and therefore not able to participate in Freedom Fighting anymore?

Not able? Shoot, Ah'd still be out there with 'em! Ah'd just have to find a new job on the team is all. Ah still know how to fight after all. Or maybe Nicole could hook me up with some kinda nanite-powered limbs so Ah could remain a heavy-hitter. But naw, Ah'd never quit. Kinda a moot point anyway . . .

Question #30 wrote:Knuckles: Look, everyone knows you'd totally cream Sonic in a fight. So here's my question: Could you beat Ian Flynn in a no holds barred battle of fisticuffs? I overheard Ian saying he could totally take you.

Has he, now?

LIES AND SLANDER!

Peh. Yeah, I could take him. Start calling him "Glassjaw the Potto." Isn't that right, Glassjaw?

dirty stinking ant-eater I'll wipe out the rest of your dirty people...

Question #31 wrote:Miles: Did anyone ever tell you have no sense of style? I mean, seriously, you got dyed hair, a hideous "I'm an evil lil dictator" outfit, and those shoes....ew. Tails has a better sense of style, and he's naked! I think your trying to make up for that terrible name of yours. I mean, come on, any parent who names you "Miles Prower", has gotta be sadistic. You must've gotten beaten up at lil dictator's school a lot.

Sticks and stones you miserable, festering boil of a person. First and foremost, the hair is natural! This was covered last week ad nauseam. Secondly, the uniform is modeled after Princess Alicia's to show my . . . solidarity to her rule. Tails dresses like a little boy because he is a little boy and I will not be compared to that child!

Question #32 wrote:Bean: Could you give Miles a noogie? His stare is creepifyin'.

Hail stranger from a strange land! What is this "noogie" you speak of? Such a strange term from a strange person from a strange land with the strange question-and-or-request! I'm going to use that Snoogins translator Ian did earlier and OH LOOK "noogie" means bomb WHY I'D LOVE TO! Bee-arh-bee!

Why do you people bring this kind of ruination to my board?

Question #33 wrote:Dr. Finitevus, why exactly do you wear bandages on your hands and feet?

Unsightly scarring from my metamorphosis, I'm afraid. The gause hides the burns and cushions them.

Question #34 wrote:Scourge, doesn't the Suppression Squad have a dental plan? I mean, look at your teeth, man! You could bite someone's hand off with those!

Heh heh - your point? C'mere. Let's see if that'd actually work.

Question #35 wrote:Universalamander, what's it like to be trapped at microscopic size?

Terrible! I almost got eaten by a proton! If those things even eat . . . HELP! Get me back to normal size!

Question #36 wrote:Scourge: 1) In your opinion, which zone has the better kissers, Prime or Anti?

Well that all depends on what you're going for, doesn't it? If you want something meaningful with some passion behind it, you gotta go Prime. If you want something with a lot more power behind it - like you're fighting to the death - then you gotta go with Moebius. All depends on the chick too, y'know?

Question #37 wrote:(to Scourge) Can you rank the your top 5?

Oh, there's only one, ain't that right Bunnie-honey? YEAH! You hear me, 'Twan? Your woman knows how to get it done! HA HA HA! WHOO! Let me know if it doesn't work out between you, "sugah," I'll come runnin'! Heck, even if you just want a little fun on the side, huh? Oh put your sword down, Frenchie. You ain't foolin' anyone anyway.

You're horrible.

And you love it.

Mm-hmm! But seriously, I'm number one, right?

Aw c'mon, babe, don't start the jealous bit with me.

Question #38 wrote:To Jules: How do you spend your day?

Reading, mostly. I help Bernie about the house. Sometimes I'll go to the market, sometimes I do the cooking that night. I've been wandering New Mobotropolis, enjoying it. It's a bit nostalgic, a bit creepy, and yet beautiful - which, altogether, is quite the thrill. Most nights I help Chuck with his paperwork - either grading papers or looking over council stuff.

Question #39 wrote:To Former King Max: How do you spend your day?

.....day? Day. Oh yes, my day. Very....peaceful. Yes. A great deal of time in the garden, tending to my own thoughts. Alicia insists on me telling and retelling the years she missed while in stasis. I wouldn't mind it so much if the doctor wasn't there half the time and if they didn't look so sad. Honestly. They were terrible times, but we've weathered those storms. I'll also spend a fair amount of time in the gardens, tending to my own thoughts. I also take time to look over Elias's work, make sure he's doing a good job. I'll listen in on the . . . Council. Not altogether different than my old court, if a bit . . . authoritative. And I spend a good deal of time in the garden, tending to my own thoughts.

Question #40 wrote:To former General Amadeus: How do you spend your day?

"Former general?" Not "commander?" But I'm much like Jules, spending a great deal of time enjoying the city and reading. I'm not sure if his reading is strictly for pleasure, but mine is to catch up on lost time. A great deal has happened in my decade away. I'm still running drills that the military headquarters and ready to conference with the council on the ongoing matter of the Second Robotnik War.

Question #41 wrote:(for Robotnik) 1.) Do you enjoy this gift? I can always go with a tachyon capacitor if you want (It can pull the moooooon out of it's orbit and create chaos!)

Why do I have a bunch of soaking weeds on my desk and who is this sniveling child pandering to me? Does he even know what a tachyon capacitor is?

Question #42 wrote:(to Robotnik) 2.) Are you aware the white scarf that you drape around your neck makes you look positively adorable?

It is rather dapper, isn't it? Now - who are you?

Question #43 wrote:3.) Since you didn't give me a proper answer last time. I'll make it short since I know how you are very busy. Do you see a future Mr. or Mrs. Robotnik at your side to help you run your empire?

Oh ho ho ho! You want a "proper" answer, eh? Snively, warm up the roboticizer! ....right, that doesn't work anymore... SNIVELY! Warm up the diamond-cutting laser. I've got someone I want to use it on! You stay right there and I'll give you your answer.

Question #44 wrote:Athair: Now that you are essentially one with the Chaos Force and you have a much greater sense of the going-ons of the universe, especially Mobius at least, did you ever fing out what became of your beloved Crystal-La after the Bem's de-roboticization?

Yes, I was selfish and sought her and the other remnants out. I see the path before them and am at peace with how destiny shall tend to them.

Question #45 wrote:Moritori Rex: How are your "former family" members (surviving Brotherhood) treating you, considering all of you are in pretty rough shape and stranded in the Twilight Zone?

Heh *cough* heh heh . . . should I tell him? Or would that ruin the surprise? I'd say I'm fairing the best out of all of them. Let's leave it at that for now.

Question #46 wrote:To Miles of Moebius and Mammoth Mogul (wow, that's a lot of M's), I was wondering if you two had any thoughts on a potential alliance, given the history Mogul has had with Tails of the Prime Zone... and pretty much every other Zone, for that matter. After that whole... er, incident that we shall not mention by name, I was wondering if that's all in the past now, or if there remains some aversion between you two in particular?

You mean the "Titan Tails" incident I presume.

Must you reference that? You were the one so soundly defeated by that monstrosity.

A defamable fact I am all too reticent to acknowledge. However you, my tenacious and pugnacious companion, took part of it as well. I would find it infinitely more degrading to have been a component of the lumbering behemoth than to have been its victim.

Yes, yes, I was one of the many fused with Prime-Tails. Can we please move the topic ahead?

Indubitably. I hold no particular malice towards this particular incarnation of the hated Prower child, although by being a doppelganger my dislike for him does stem from approximation.

And I have little to no use for anyone of the Prime Zone. Likewise, nothing personal.

Of course not. As I iterated to Sonic on that one phenomenally successful evening, I am content to badger and beleaguer my enemies from the comfort of my own opulence until such time as destiny sees fit to shuffle them off this mortal coil. So long as our endeavors remain mutually exclusive, while not an allegiance, I see no reason for our machinations to interfere with one another's.

Agreed.

Question #47 wrote:To whichever Sonic is applicable: So, how did things go in Beijing last year? Make any new friends?

Yeah! I had a great time, and those folks from the Mushroom Kingdom are alright. That Mario guy's surprisingly fast. We've been in contact - the odd phone call, y'know - and we're thinking we might hook up again this winter.

Question #48 wrote:To Bunnie: Just a little curious about your current abilities/moveset. Specifically, I really liked it when you whipped out that Mega Man-style plasma buster arm cannon in Mecha Madness; is that still in there?

Yup, Ah still got the beam cannon. Ah used it on Eggman right when we got to New Mobotropolis, remember? Ah've got the telescopin' limbs and the ol' energy shield. Ah think that's plenty, don't you?

Question #49 wrote:Dr. Eggman: I know I'm technically unable to join your forces, not being in the same universe and all... But hypothetically, if a large number of people completely and willingly accepted you as their ruler, would you still eventually roboticize them or accept their genuine loyalty and allow them to remain in their organic forms? Because, you know, I'd totally be a loyal minion of the Empire without any unneeded alterations to my free will.

An intriguing and novel notion. As of right now there are many throughout the Eggman Empire who remain unaltered by my genius and are content to live under my benevolent rules. Eventually everyone would need a tweak - the slightest alteration - to bend their wills completely to my own. Loyalty is commendable, but as organic not-me's you're doomed to making mistakes and errors in judgment. It's ultimately for your own good. And since you're loyal, you'll fully agree and submit yourself to my upgrades.

Question #50 wrote:Dr. Eggman: In an earlier story, you commented that "bald is beautiful." I'm not one to disagree, and find the look quite stylish, but I must ask- Did you go bald naturally, or do you shave your head to intentionally go for the bald look?

I was gleaming and hairless by my fifteenth birthday. I blossomed early.

Question #51 wrote:Dr. Kintobor: Since Eggman's apparently a workaholic without any hobbies, I'll ask you the same question- Aside from your charitable and heroic work to help the citizens of Moebius, what do you like to do for fun, Doc?

Oh, I wish I could afford myself some recreational time. But no, I'm afraid the troubles of Moebius keep me busy at all hours. Someone is hurt or an experiment is in need of completion or one needs to be started up. There are many toxic areas around Moebius, and the longer I take in cleaning them the more they spread. I would love to return to my gardening and poetry days of the Great Peace, but Moebius needs me now.

Question #52 wrote:Miles, Do you realize how immature you sounded when trying to defend your maturity in batch 1?

It's not immaturity! It's frustration at your collective stupidity!

Question #53 wrote:Metal Sonic, What was the impression you got of the Eggman in the zone Shadow teleported you to from Moebius?

Inadequate. Unfocused. Excessively talkative. Subject: Eggman variant. Directive: must comply to all commands.

Question #54 wrote:Eggman, are you aware that Snively thinks you are completely insane? I myself understand that the thought processes of an incredible genius as yourself can be easily confused as insanity among us common peons.

Pah! If you can call the rattling marbles in his misshapen cranium "thoughts." Let him mutter and scheme all he likes. I control this planet! And I WILL destroy that hedgehog!

Question #55 wrote:Dimitri: If you regret what happened between you and Edmund and the whole war that stemmed from it and resulted in only 1/10th of your people's total population being left, then why don't you simply stop the bloodshed (implanted explosives aside)? In case you haven't noticed, I don't believe Knuckles wants to continue being enemies with you and even Julie-su has tried reasoning. Knuckles is the last link to Edmund left to you right now and since Julie-su is with him as one of your own descendants, that seems like a good a sign as any that its time to throw aside your differences.

You seem to be drawing a tenuous link between my dearly departed brother and his descendant. I do not trust in the Guardian's tactics of "punch things" and "punch them more, harder." He has been indoctrinated by his forefathers to a degree I cannot abide. Julie-Su, though kin as well, has fallen in step with the Guardian and thus forfeits any ties she has to me. I am Grandmaster of the Dark Egg Legion now, and I will see to it my people are safe and returned to Angel Island. There is nothing further to discuss on the matter.

Question #56 wrote:Dr. Eggman(StH): Your technological masterpieces have always held a fascination for me... true works of art from a genius ahead of anyone's time. It is with that statement that I hope you will be lenient in my ignorance, and explain how Metal Scourge's design differed from Metal Sonic. I could not notice any way in which it functioned differently and it simply seemed to just have an alternate paint scheme.

Oh you poor, ignorant dolt. Still, you acknowledge your inability, and I suppose that counts for something. A very small something, but I digress. Did you not notice the intake vents in the torso chassis? Metal Sonic typically runs on the STH-25 model propulsion engine that has a large, gilded intake port. The Metal Scourge design opts instead for a dual-vent ionizing relay that burns hotter but provides the same speed as the classic model.

Question #57 wrote:Dr Eggman(StH): Speaking of your Metals my good doctor, the last one you made said that a Super Form ensured a 0% success rate for it. Are you or will you be engaged anytime soon in developing a counter-measure to that scenario? I believe I may have a Sonic simulation at one point where a Metal managed to absorb and apply massive amounts of energy from the Master Emerald to achieve a super form of it's own.

Don't think too hard, dear, you'll pop a neuron. A Super Metal Sonic would be a delightful, if uninspired creation. However it also runs the risk of blowing up in my face - literally and figuratively. SNIVELY! Run the "Metal Overlord" model! If you'll turn your attention to the screen, you'll see a computer model I created to extrapolate the possibilities of a Super Metal Sonic. Surprisingly, one of the most likely scenarios resulted in the giant, dragon-like monstrosity you see on the screen. And its likelihood for treasonous delusions of grandeur? A whopping 100%! So until I can eliminate such a bug, no, there will be no Super Metal Sonic.

Question #58 wrote:Snively; Tell me, considering how your mother gave her life to ensure your birth...how do you think she would if she could see just WHAT she gave her life for?

The handsome, strapping genius am I today? She'd be thrilled! What kind of stupid question is that?

Question #59 wrote:King Max: Why do you have a talent for bringing people into your confidence that are actively plotting your doom? Naugus, Kodos, Robotnik, Patch...you seem to be a treachery magnet.

Quite unfair, I should say. Ixis Naugus and Kodos both enlisted under my father. Julian, I must confess, was my mistake. It was a desperate time. Patch was destined. The Source of All showed me that my daughter would marry the young D'Coolette, and she did. I did not divine from my visions that it would be a brief union to an otherworldly villain. Outside of Julian, none are my fault.

Question #60 wrote: Nic the Weasel: So...what have you been doing with yourself since Fiona joined (and later sold out) the Freedom Fighters?

Eh . . . fewer and fewer gigs. Nack's been cutting me out of big deals and made it pretty clear that if I crossed him I'd wind up like the rest of his gang. I'm thinking about giving it up and going back to my . . . well . . . "family" I guess you'd call them. It'll be hard, but hey, what in life ain't like a sack o' rocks upside your head?

Question #61 wrote:Monkey Khan - so what have you been up to in general since you last showed up in the comics? I'm not looking for any spoilers related to RF or anything. Teamed up at all with any lecherous pigs? (OT: That's just not DB related, it's in the original source material - and the whole thing is intended as one question, with the "lecherous pigs" bit being an elaboration/joke).

Buddy, I've seen and met 'em all. I've just been trying to keep the peace around here. It hasn't been easy. At all.

Question #62 wrote:Mammoth Mogul - In your very first appearance in the comics, you mentioned a desire to oust Dr. Robotnik and rule over Mobius. Given that you always seem to be going for the latter first, is there a reason you never just went for the former? After all, the Eggman DOES (or at least, did) have quite the infrastructure which with your Chaos-augmented powers could put put to use.

I shall grant the notion that the sprawling infrastructure of the Eggman Empire would provide a serendipitous means of expediting a hypothetical conquest of the world. But to use the vernacular: why would I want to? The mechanized legions of the corpulent despot are neither aligned with my stylistic preferences, nor are they aesthetically pleasing. The doctor's hold on the world is something to be purged, burned and forgotten, not utilized.

Question #63 wrote:Snively - What would you say has motivated/shaped your change from your first appearances in the comic as a lowly sychophant who couldn't survive without Dr. Robotnik (see Sth 22, I think, after EVE seemingly took out Robotnik) to today, where you're clearly a very ambitious, scheming person. After all, back then you seemed lost without Robotnik.

Back then I thought the world of Uncle Julian. He'd had the bravery and the vision to betray the Overland and seize power through the Kingdom of Acorn. It was wild, it was crazy, but it was genius! After the initial victories I knew I should've gone with him from the beginning. But then he began . . . slipping. The jumpsuit with the shoulders was the first sign, but I let it slide. Then he began toying with the children in the forest, but I chalked that up to amusement. And then he began to lose ground to them. The constant abuse wasn't much fun either. It got me thinking - why not follow in his example? Align myself with the winning side, then seize control when the time was right? It's a simple and elegant plan that is still coming together. Maybe if he hadn't been such a deeming, incompetent clod I wouldn't have thought of it.

Question #64 wrote:To Bean:

OH MY GOD! BEAN!!! OH MY GO-BEA-OH MY GOD! BEAN! BEAN, OH MY GOD, BEAN! BEAN, OH MY GOD!!! BEAN!!!! THAT THING!!! THAT THING OVER THERE! THAT SHINY THING!!! THAT SHINY THING OVER THERE! THERE!! OVER THERE!!! THAT SHINY THING RIGHT OVER THERE!!!! OH MY GAWD THAT THING!!! THAT SHINY THING!!!! THAT BIG SHINY THING!!!! OVER THERE!!! RIGHT OVER THERE!!!! WHAT IS IT!?!?! GO GET IT!!!

GO GET IT!!!!!!!!!

GO GET IT!!!!!!!!!

MINE! MINE! I SAW IT FIRST! FINDERS KEEPERS! GIMME GIMME GIMME MINE MINE MINE!!!

Question #65 wrote:To Shadow:

Who's a pretty kitty! You're a pretty kitty! I just wanna pinch your cheeks you're just so luvvable n' huggable n' squeezable n' fuww o' sweetmeats! Yes you are! YES YOU ARE! YES YOU ARE!!!!!! FULL O' LUVVABLE PINCHABLE SWEETMEATS - so, Rouge is sittin' right over there, you like that don'tcha? Go on. You can tell me, Pimpy. Aaaaaaaw yeah ;)

. . .

Question #66 wrote:Shadow and Rouge, who do you think would win a fight between you?

Hmph.

I'd think it obvious. I'd have him down and out before he knew what hit him.

Oh?

Face it, honey. I've got a contingency plan for everyone. You'd never stand a chance.

Heh. If that's what you want to believe.

...Knuckles and Julie-Su were a lot more fun with this question.

Question #67 wrote:NICOLE, which emotions do you currently have?

All of them, I suppose? Or perhaps none of them. It is difficult to pin-point an experience like that. Perhaps when I do not detect it, but rather experience it, I will know for sure.

Question #68 wrote:Omega, do you have a favourite or prefered weapon?

Negative. Every weapon creates a specific form of destruction and all forms of destruction are delightful. . . . perhaps the flamethrower?

Question #70 wrote:@Tails: How does it feel that the first round of questions went up, and there were several for your evil doppelganger and none for you? Hey, at least you have your parents and he don't. (I think.)

Well, it's a little annoying. I feel like I get overlooked a lot, which I guess can't be helped when you're second to Sonic. But everyone here knows me, right? I guess you could say you've all seen me grow up. You don't know much about my parents, or why that toupee-wearing jerk is so sick. All of you are just curious, and I can understand that!

Question #71 wrote:@Amy: Did you know Shadow went to an alternate world where Sonic had no other Girl companions but you? No Sally No Mina, No Fiona and he STILL doesn't show any feelings towards you (Outside of a first date.) How does that make you feel?

Well that's just because that other Sonic and Amy don't have the same chemistry my Sonic and I have! I mean, look at Scourge and Rosy. They're technically a "Sonic" and "Amy" and look how messed up they are! I feel sorry for that other-Sonic. He must be so lonely. Either that or that other-Amy must be really messed up.

Actually, at the end of Season 2, couldn't Sonic's line to Amy be translated as "I love you?"

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE REALLY?!

Question #72 wrote:@Bunnie: Okay, ummm... how do I put this delicately. Scientifically speaking, we all need energy. Animals, plants and machines. You are half animal, half machine. I imagine you need food to keep the blood pumping in your upper half, and maybe your lower half runs on an infinite battery or whatnot. However, your roboticized from the waist down. This would include some, if not all of your digestive system you use to process the food you consume. That being sai...AHH HECK GIRL, HOW DO YOU POOP?!!

Now, see, Ah was thinkin' this might be a thoughtful question. Ah was gettin' all set to say that mah biological systems somehow sync up with the roboticized ones. Ah really don't know how it all works out, but mah natural process just happen like regular. But then y'all had to go and get dirty with it. Y'all don't ask Mr. Hedgehog this kind of thing - although there was that one really disturbin' one a bit before. Long story short: Ah ain't gonna answer that, and you can keep yo' dirty mind to yo'self!

Question #73 wrote:To Shadow: Both your physical prowess and your powerful Chaos abilities are well documented. Although Knuckles once said that only the Brotherhood was able to channel the Chaos Force in that particular way, would you ever consider honing your powers further?

There is no "further." I am at my peek. My powers are perfected. I am the ultimate lifeform.

Question #74 wrote:To Finitevus: On a similar note, were you to fall back on a proverbial "Plan B" had you not been particularly able to enslave Knuckles, would you have sought out someone with near equal Chaos abilities aside from the former Constable? (Namely a certain "Ultimate Life Form"...) This is, of course, not taking into account your desire to have a member of the Knuckles family take the ruination of Mobius into their hands.

No. First and foremost, I was not aware of Shadow or his abilities. Secondly, even if I was, I would not have been prepared to capitalize on his abilities. My studies have been specifically about the Chaos-channeling properties of these particular bloodlines. Seeing as I had no other candidates or resources, had Knuckles proven unavailable, I would have continued with either Remington of Lien-Da.

Question #75 wrote:To Sonic: Are you aware that in our world, if you combine the seven Chaos Emeralds with the Master Emerald, you can transform into a form even beyond Super Sonic? It's way past cool... although you have to deal with not only being blue, but every other color of the Chaos Emeralds. (Which basically means looking like a hedgehog-shaped rainbow.) But if you thought Super Sonic was fast and strong, hoo boy...

Eh, what's another Super Forme? I mean . . . how many have I had now? Super, Ultra, Solar, Geo, Polar, mint-flavored, blah blah blah. Super Sonic is enough for me, man.

Question #76 wrote:Where is that little critter Fiona anyway?!

Where indeed? Last we saw her, she'd been knocked aside by Sonic in Freedom HQ as things got progressively more crazy. Afterwards, we only saw the Freedom Fighters and Suppression Squad. Looks like somebody might've slipped away in the din . . .

Question #77 wrote:to Bean: Why do you like Shiny things so much?

Why do I . . .? Why the shine . . .? Whijigbuh . . .? THEY'RE SHINY! What other reason do you need, man?!

Question #78 wrote:Bean: What were your first words?

Bah-bah, ma-ma, and antidisestablishmentarianism.

Question #79 wrote:To Shadow: I've heard from various sources that you are ageless and that your body never changes physically over time. However, when you were newly created fifty-some years ago, did you ever experience a stage of mental childhood?

I do not recall. I doubt it. I was built to learn new skills and information immediately.

Question #80 wrote:To Shadow: Pardon my ignorance...do ultimate lifeforms need to eat like regular mortals do?

No, I do not require food. If absolutely necessary I will go into a comatose state until ready to move on. I can eat, however.

Question #81 wrote:To Shadow: What makes you happy other than winning in a fight? Something must...

. . . thinking about how Maria would see me now. I think she would approve and be happy for me. That makes me . . . happy.

Question #81 wrote:Dimitri: Will you be using more vehicles on the road to 200?

No, I will not have an opportunity for them.

Question #82 wrote:Doctor Eggman: What are your feelings towards your deceased counterpart Julian 'Robotnik' Kintobor?

Out with the old, and in with the superior! Honestly, I'd already reassembled him twice over and he still couldn't keep it together. Bah!

Question #83 wrote:Scourge: You wanted Sonic to join you in conquering the multi-verse. If he'd agreed, how long would that alliance have lasted before you double-crossed him?

HAHAHA! I dunno, man. It all depends. If we were having a good time at the expense of everyone else? It might've lasted. Eventually everyone would've been trashed, though, so I guess at absolute latest it would be then. I gotta get my kicks somehow, y'know?

Question #84 wrote:(Sonic) Since you didn't have the buckles to your shoes until after you used the power of the super emerald way back when, is there anything special about them besides making you look way past cool?

I don't think so. The shoes feel a little snugger, I guess?

Question #85 wrote:(Tails) What's it like to live with parents that you've never known before?

I dunno . . . a little scary? A little exciting? I'm not used to that kind of family, not even when living with the Hedgehogs. But they aren't used to it either, really. We've been figuring it out.

Question #86 wrote:(Tikal) How are things going...well...where ever you're at?

Very well, thank you. We are at peace and enjoying our idyllic Zone.

Question #87 wrote:When does Sonic Universe #4 take place? I'm asking because I noticed that in issue 181 Rouge says that Shadow is their best & newest agent. So, I was wondering if Sonic Universe #4 is a flashback issue that shows Shadow joining GUN or does the issue take place after Sonic #200?

Shadow was their new agent by that point. SU#4 will be taking place after STH#198. And . . . that's about as specific as it needs to be.

Question #88 wrote:Archimedes - In the last panel of page ten of StH #183 (not counting ads), it looks like you're receiving a telepathic message. Spill. What was it about?

Sorry mate, that wasn't the old telepathy going. That was just me bein' more than a little surprised that Sonic had found the device so quickly.

Question #89 wrote:Elias - Why did you let someone who tried to kill you (Amadeus) go free?

I don't believe Amadeus was ever out to kill me. If that had been his motive he would've had ample opportunity to do so. I believe he was definitely prepared to end my reign, violently if need-be, but nothing more. Don't forget I had my stirrup-blades at the ready. Honestly, I was looking for a fight. We were both impassioned and made some hasty judgments. Letting him got free was both a personal and public gesture of good will.

Question #90 wrote:Dear Aly,
I'm sort of the nerdy type. I like technology and politics, and am not in such good physical shape. I have this crazy crush on somebody I know who's active in the field, and she's actually quite fit and physically attractive. Let's call her "Mary Kay." Mary Kay has rather dubious moral character and dresses somewhat - erm - suggestively. I'm hoping that if we get together, I can change her. What should I do?
Purple Playa'

Dear Purple,
I think where you should look first is in the mirror. The first thing you did was describe yourself in a mostly negative fashion. If you don't have the self-respect to think about yourself positively and take care of your body, what gives you the grounds to try to change someone else? I would first suggest you take care of yourself. Love yourself, and others will be drawn to that confidence.

Secondly, a healthy relationship doesn't start as a "fixer-upper." What is is about Mary Kay that draws you to her? Do they overrule what you don't like, or are her "faults" always going to be an issue? People have to change on their own. Maybe by being her friend you can inspire new ways of thinking in her, and be there for her when her questionable choices get her into trouble.

A relationship is built on respect and support. Provide it for yourself, and then provide it for her.

Take care,
Aly.

Question #91 wrote:Биг: У тебя есть машина?

What's with the Russian?! Google translation: "BH: Do you have a car?"

"BH?" Who is "BH?" The only character with those initials is . . . Bernedette Hedgehog? Bernie?

Um . . . no. I do not have a car. I can walk anywhere I need to be in New Mobotropolis. Thanks . . . for asking?

EDIT: Thanks to Glaber and lambda6, the "BH" seems to be "Big." I'm assuming the rest is still accurate. So, Big?

Yes?

Do you have a car?

A what?

And there you have it. No more foreign languages, please. I barely get by with the one as it is.

Question #92 wrote:Amy, if Sonic were to marry in the future, and it wasn't to you. Do you think you would move on with your life and find another guy, or would you remain faithful that Sonic would be unhappy with her in time and you may get your chance to be with him? By the way, I'm rooting for you to come out on top. Go get him girl.

Every has all these depressing "what ifs." C'mon! I think it's a silly question because I know deep down that Sonic is the one for me! He'll come around. You all are just worried over nothing.

Question #93 wrote:The Magnificent Former King Acorn, with all the new advancements the kingdoms has been through compared to the olden days before Dr. Robotnik, New Mobotropolis is at the peak of Mobian technology being run by NICOLE. I must ask, why you are you still in that old fashion wheelchair? I'd think Tails, Rotor, or Sir Charles could develop an automatic wheelchair that can move by itself for you. It would be a vast improvement where as you wouldn't have your wife pushing you around literally.

I do remember Sir Charles broaching the subject, but Dr. Quack rejected it, saying something about the physical nature building something or other. Horatio is a good man, but he can get lost in his own jargon sometimes. And it gives Alicia something to do. Poor dear, so lost without much to do as queen. I sincerely hope Ellis considers that before he debases this kingdom further . . .

Question #94 wrote:Shade, Ian says if we're lucky we may be seeing you around 2011 in the comic. And with your only appearance in a short cliffhanger story of what I like to think of the very possible future. Is there anything you want to get off your chest and say, since we aren't going to be seeing you anytime soon, if at all?

What is there to say? For now I am a solider within the Marauders. My fate in the games is ambiguous at best. Rushing ahead at this juncture would be foolhardy.

Question #95 wrote:To Lien-Da: What in the name of all that is holy possessed you to team up with Robotnik? You know, the guy who helped the dingoes wipe out a good portion of your people? Did Enerjak rid you of your common sense when he took away your cybernetic parts?

You watch your tone with me! I am Kommissar of the Dark Egg Legion and you will show me respect. I knew I was dealing with a viper, and I'm not surprised I was bitten. But we had no other option at that time. Enerjak had taken everything from us. There was only one establishment in the world that could restore us to our full technological glory, and that was Eggman. And nobody's died yet. The situation is manageable.

Question #96 wrote:To Finitevus: If your plans for cleansing the world worked, what would the world look like? What could the survivors expect, if there were any.

Oh, there will be hardships. Hardships for many generations to come. The spires of industry run rampant will be bent and broken. Once festering urban hubs will be silent except for the call of full carrion birds. There will be a stillness, a blessed stillness, as the stains of pollution are slowly eaten away by nature. And the survivors, few as they will be, will begin anew. Or there will be no survivors, none that the world would recognize today. In that scenario new life would rise as it did from the Gene Bombs, as from the coming of the Chaos Emeralds, as for the ages long since lost before then. In the immediate aftermath of my global solution there will be an abundance of beautiful death. Ashes and dust in equal measure.

Question #97 wrote:To Knuckles: If you could see your father again, what would you say to him? I know what it's like to have a lot of unresolved issues with one's parents so if you could see him again, what would you do?

I . . . I don't know. Probably ask him why he did it. Why he made me as powerful as I am. I know it was for the future, but . . . why? Why me, and why this way? Didn't he know it could lead to this? I . . . I'd ask him if he really thought all the single-minded fixation of our people, on the Brotherhood, if it was really what he thought was right. If he really meant he'd let mom get hurt, just to get me to do what he wanted. He faced so much without me there to help him . . . what if I'd been there? Could that have changed things? I . . . I guess if I were to see him now, as I've seen Athair . . . I'd ask him if he was at peace now. And if I'm doing an okay job.

Question #98 wrote:To Eggman: I found out some time ago that Tails and Hope's genius is potentially on par with your own. What's your opinion on how those two kids might one day rival you as they grow older?

Pshaw! Together they might have the wits to struggle behind me, but I have no equal - no rival. Not mentally, anyway. I do have a rival in Sonic. Sonic. Who is so far beneath Tails that it's maddening. Sonic - who couldn't even begin to read my blueprints and calculations, let alone understand them, AND YET! And yet he thwarts me at every turn! Every device, every scheme, meticulously detailed, studied to the end, thrown together on a whim - IT DOESN'T MATTER HE BEATS ME EVERY BLASTED TIME!

Th-the question was about Tails or Hope - - ?

I DON'T CARE ABOUT THEM! I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG!

Question #99 wrote:To Sir Charles: Since you were her teacher what is your opinion on Hope's technological prowess, does it concern you?

She's definitely gifted. I'm guessing it's part of the bloodline, although I thought she'd said she wasn't a blood relation. I'm suspicious about that, but that's neither here nor there. I suppose I'm a little jumpy at the thought of another "Robotnik" up and coming, but I don't think she has an evil bone in her body. With the right guidance, I think she could be a real blessing to Mobius.

Question #100 wrote:To Lara-Su: How did you feel when you found out your friend was dating Rutan?

Ugh. I mean . . . Rutan's not all bad. He's . . . well he can . . . he doesn't . . . he's not all bad. And Salma's smart, she can handle him. Just . . . ugh. I used to tell myself that if she and Rutan ever did get serious down the road she'd be kinda really family. But given how close I already am to all my uncles in the Chaotix, it's kinda a moot point, y'know? I love her like a sister, and I'll support her choices. And I look forward to the date Rutan dumps her and I can help her get revenge. Heh heh heh!

Question #101 wrote:Dr. Finitevus, how would you react if some one with what's considered to be author powers in fan-comics were to try to wipe your plannet off the map with you on it?

. . . and the point of your question is what, exactly? Is the scenario that an omnipotent being is reshaping Mobius? If that is the case, I don't believe it would be any worse or better than it is now. My survival is not necessary. Cleansing Mobius is. You mention "fan-comics," however. If this is some deluded hobby, it is beneath my attention.

Question #101 wrote:STH Sonic: Lately I haven't seen you act in a way that lets me know you know you're in a comic. Have the events since issue 50 been preventing you from doing so?

I'd think this month is making up for that, right? Nah, we stopped smashing the fourth wall a long time back. Got our heads in the game, so to speak. If we need to toe that line, though, we've got Bean.

Question #102 wrote:Nicole, how would you react if one day someone somehow gave you a body of your very own, and you could do everything a regular mobian could do? Also you may want to look into hard Light holograms.

I am not sure how I would react, honestly. I'm not sure if I'm ready to be truly, fully "alive." How my friends have managed to grow naturally into the people they are today is mystifying. I am able to produce hard-light constructs and create a semblance to a physical form, but it would be no more real.

Question #103 wrote:Dear Knuckles, How do you type with boxing gloves on? (I couldn't resist.)

....you're sure about this?

Word for word. They'll love it.

Alright. *ahem* What the crap, man? I have, like, all this mystery and majesty about me, and you're asking about boxing gloves? Seriously. Lame. Question. Now I'mma-gonna beat up the Homesonic Runner.

Oh, hewwo Stwong Knuckles. Could I interest you in a chiwi-dog and a side of mewon-ade?

Question #104 wrote:To Tails : Do you ever feel bad about that time you spazzed out, and beat the ba-jeebles out of your best bud Sonic?

. . . a little, yeah. I guess that was immature. But it got Sonic to listen, and things are better between us now. So . . . is the lesson that violence is sometimes good? Or that Sonic just needs to be smacked up-side the head every so often?

I let you get those hits in, and I still had all my ba-jeebles!

You keeping telling yourself that.

C'mere you!

ACK! NO NOOGIES!

Ssssssssssomebody ordered a noogie?!

NO!

(BOOM)

Question #105 wrote:To Marine : Considering alot of people find you annoying, (not me, you're awesome!) how well do you get along with your new friends Sonic, Tails, & Blaze?

I hate you with the fire of a thousands suns . . .

Aw dipper, m'bloke! Don't be such a masher! I gets along bonzer with me new best blokes! Strewth! Blaze, she's a bit of a stiff one, but it makes it worth it to see her smile! Tails is a cutie, he-is-he-is, and a touch sweet shy of bein' as mechanically gifted as ME! And Sonic - ah now there's a bonzer bloke! Couldn't have saved the world without him, I say proudly and true! But annoying? ME? Phooey and pshaw! I gots loads of friends! Why just the other day I was sayin't to a whole mess of 'em - -

NO MORE! NO MORE!

Question #106 wrote:Dear ally: I've been try to get this one girl to notice me. She has amazing Beutiful Brown and Black fur. Stylish sense of fashion. Althogh I see her often around New Mobotropolis, I just can't seem to get close to her. Everytime I get the nerve to speak to her she seems to vanish or is surrounded by guys that are high ranking or protecting our freedom, that make me pale by by comparision.

I know should give up on her, but I really would love to get to know her.

What should I do?

Signed
Longing for a Lynx

Can we not get too into this, folks? Anyway . . . Aly?

Dear Longing,

Look back at my response to Purple Playa' since I think the same might apply to you. You sound so defeatist! Why hasn't she noticed you yet? Are you paying enough attention to yourself? Longing alone can't be your lure. In the game of courtship you've got to be a prize, and the easiest way to make sure of that is to treat yourself right! I don't mean be narcissistic - that's not love, that's arrogance. I mean that treat yourself right, love yourself, and others will zero in on your positive self-image.

Don't give up the chase. At the same time, don't blind yourself to other possibilities. Love pops up int he most unusual places sometimes.

Take care,
Aly

Question #107 wrote:Theoretically, under what circumstances-storywise-are these characters able to answer our questions?

I'd say it'd be like if we were re-launching the Off-Panels, which seemed to exist in their own little world. There the limits of the "real world" don't really take affect, but instead provide a foundation for serious, analytical questions or comedy. Something for me to keep in mind. Hmmm . . .

Question #108 wrote:To Nicole: What are your thoughts on the concept of a "soul?"

It is a matter I am still investigating. Given how many before me have chased this elusive question to their grave, I am hesitant to guess when I would come up with an answer. All I can postulate now is this: nature does not waste. All matter and energy are recycled in some fashion. It would seem curious, then, that all the time and energy spent creating and maintaining the individuals we live and love - these "souls" to put it simply - would be something purely of our own imagination.

Question #109 wrote:If you were told to reboot this comic today, what would this new comic be like?

I really don't like this question since it:
1) would imply that such a scenario was on the horizon
2) it unofficially locks-in any ideas I have

I've turned the notion over in my head a few times. But we're nowhere near a reboot, so I'd rather not consider it.

Question #110 wrote:Any idea if the off-panel comics will ever return?

I think there stands to be a very good chance of that - and with 100% less inner-office in-jokes!

Question #111 wrote:When you're writing about the races that live on Angel Island - the Echidnas, Dingoes, and Fire Ants - how thick of an aussie accent do you imagine them with?

For the most part: slight to none. Outside of Archimedes most of the fire-ants didn't seem to have one. The dingoes and echidnas haven't shown much either. It's just one of those things that seemed to fade away as the book went on. Funnily enough, I've been reviewing the older material, and I've found that Antoine and Bunnie's accents got heavier as the book went on. Go fig.

Question #112 wrote:Nicole - What are your thoughts about dreaming?

It is a delightful experience I have only very rarely been able to produce. Random audio and visual reception in patterns both illogical and nonsensical. It may seem disorienting to you, but as a computer construct, I find it thrilling!

Question #113 wrote:Sir Charles - Even though you are a Council member, do you still operate your Chili Dog restaurant?

I do indeed. It's not too far from the marketplace. I don't get too much time to actually cook there, but I am the manager. Maybe after some time on the council I'll retire to it. Heh, again.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius