Ask Ian for FEB'09 - Novelty Answer Month - Finis~

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Ask Ian for FEB'09 - Novelty Answer Month - Finis~

Postby Ian Flynn » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:03 am

The Rules wrote:"Ask Ian" Rules

(1) I'll Post Answers Once a Week

I'll be taking questions from Sunday to Saturday each week. Saturday 11:59PM is the cut-off for new questions, and new answers will be posted the following Sunday. Sometimes I get busy and can't post answers exactly on Sunday. In those cases, just be patient - I'll answer soon!

(2) Three Questions Each

You get three questions per week. You don't have to ask three, and it doesn't have to be all at once. And none of that tricky "sub-question" stuff that's popped up. If you put some kind of variant on there, I'll count it as another question to be fair to everyone else. Play fair!

(3) Why Not Everything is Answered

I'll be picking the questions I think will benefit everyone reading, so don't be heart broken if I skip over yours. I'm not playing favorites. Also, there's some questions I simply can't answer for behind-the-scenes reasons. In rare occasions, I can't even say that I can't answer! If your question doesn't get answered, it's best to save it for later or move on to something else.

(4) Let Me Do the Answering

I want this feature to be all about official information, and there's a very select few folks here who count as official. Unless you have a link to a forum post of mine or the exact issue and page numbers, your answer isn't going to be "accurate." So save yourself the hassle and let me handle it.

(5) Where'd My Post Go?

As I said, I want this to be info-rich. There's a whole forum for discussion. So if I feel like your post is distracting from the thread's purpose, it's gone. So keep things neat and tidy for everyone else, okay?

A couple of things this month, folks.

1) ONLY THREE QUESTIONS - I really didn't want to do this, but eighty-something questions a week, even after liberal amounts of omissions, is getting to be too much. If we trim down the submissions maybe I can answer more stuff.

2) NOVELTY ANSWER MONTH - Inspired by an answer at the end of January, I put forth the notion of having the characters "answer" some questions. I left it up for discussion for this month . . . and then realized that literally left no time to discuss it at all. Whoops.

So let's be a little silly and have some fun. For this month only (for now) if you feel so inclined you can address your question(s) to a certain character(s) and I'll see what they come up with.

Happy February!

LBD Note: Due to the flood of questions and Ian's decision to answer them more frequently than normal, I'm providing links to the new answers here, and updating the title when he adds more answers.

First batch - 2/3

Second batch - 2/7

Third batch - 2/9

Fourth batch - 2/15

Fifth batch - 2/22

Sixth batch - 3/07

Sixth batch, part two - 3/07
Last edited by Ian Flynn on Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby hog of the future » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:31 am

1. How do you think a well done romantic arc should be done?

2. (For sally) what would you think about Sonic getting a new girlfriend?
Last edited by hog of the future on Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hog of the future
BumbleKnight

Location: "The greatest city in the greatest country in the world" -Bill Smith

Koooo

Postby FrogLenzen » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:51 am

Flying Frog, why are your teeth so big? I mean, you're a frog.

Meg, whose is it? It's okay, you can tell me. I don't even talk to Elias.

Bark... what's up?
FrogLenzen
BumbleKnight

Postby Penguin God » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:06 am

Miles, have you ever heard of a 'Death Note?'

Mogul, do you ever wonder what your old Fearsome Foursome are up to?

Nack, how do you deal with the overwhelming amount of competition from other Mobian mercenaries?
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby bsonic10 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:11 am

1) In the Iron King and Queen's "partnership", who has more power/sway in their decisions?

2) (For Eggman) In your own words, could you describe Snively and how you feel when working with him?
bsonic10
BumbleClan

Postby shigamado » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:53 am

1.) Bean, What is the meaning of life?

2.) Sonic, how's Muttski these days? Is he still plotting a dog communist revolution?

3.) And Finally, a question for Nichole. 0000000001111110101010101010101011111010101010101100000000100?
00100101011? Or 01001010101101001000101?
Last edited by shigamado on Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
shigamado
BumbleClan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:31 am

Three Bean-related questions.

For Ian:

1) If memory serves, weren't Bean and Bark good guys in their lone Sonic the Fighters appearance, even though not that clearly defined? (I thought everyone was fighting for a chance to take on Robotnik?) Why the choice to make the pair villains in the comic?

For Bean:

2) Pulling something of a Marvel parallel here, but if Sonic were Mobius' equivalent of Spider-man (iconic flagship superhero character with a wisecracking attitude), and Shadow is the Wolverine (more down-to-business antihero with a questionable moral compass, who has risen from a second-tier character to a star in his own right), would you consider yourself the Deadpool of the whole kit 'n kaboodle? Remembering Ian's recent Bea Arthur reference on these forums, I have to wonder...

3) Do you hear voices in your head?

That council you, that understand?

That talk to you?

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
Last edited by LBD_Nytetrayn on Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby FairFieldFinder » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:03 am

Knuckles & Julie-Su, who do you think would win in a fight between you?

Shadow & Knuckles, who do you think would win in a fight between you?

Omega & Grounder, who do you think would win in a fight between you?
FairFieldFinder
BumbleClan

Postby Ashram » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:06 am

1. For Finitevus: Have you ever considered taking a trip to the Special Zone and retrieving a Chaos Emerald? There are still five left, after all. (Go with the yellow one. It'd complement the murderous look in your eyes.)

2. For Knuckles: Even though I know the last time you used it was when you had been turned into Enerjak, if there were to be a Chaos Emerald around (Providing that there needs to be one for you to use this power) would you be able perform Thunder Arrow or any of your older moves such as Power Flash? (Think Sonic Adventure 2.)

3. For Aurora: What do you and Athair do in your spare time, besides floating around in an ascended, ethereal plane and watch over the balance of the Chaos Force?

(Also, this should probably be stickied.)
Ashram
BumbleKnight

Postby Luger » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:32 am

For Finitevus:
1.) I understand that you find the planet corrupt and needing to be destroyed, but what is the deal with your fascination with the Brotherhood of Guardians and the Grandmasters? Given that you hail from Albion, it surprises me you would look for a means to destory the world in the form of echidnas living far away (seeking someone to become Enerjak to wipe out the world, as opposed to something else is what I mean).

For Dimitri:
2.) What was it like reduced to a floating head in a glass ball?

3.) If you are aware that Finitevus dumped the Brotherhood into the Twilight Zone, do you plan to inform anyone about that so they may help the battle-weary and helpless Guardians?
Luger
BumbleNoble

Postby Ian Flynn » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:02 am

Silly me - forgot to sticky the thread. Whoops!
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby snax90 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:30 am

1.) Ian: Since the Chaos Emeralds each have infinite power, why would Sonic (or anyone else) need to use all seven to use their power fully?
snax90
BumbleFan

Postby The King of Shadows » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:55 am

Predator Hawk: Do you consider Jet the Hawk as a recolor of yourself?
The King of Shadows
BumbleKnight

Postby jazzyjin » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:58 am

Question for Sonic.

Do you even know that there are video games based around you?
jazzyjin
BumbleFan

Postby Demonis » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:37 am

Lightning Lynx: Do you think you can beat Sonic in a race?
Demonis
BumbleNewbie

Next

Return to This Side of Mobius