Ask Ian for Jan'09 - New Year, Old Favorite

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Postby 2tailed » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:44 am

IanPotto wrote:
Question #38 wrote:In Sonic Adventure, it is stated that Sonic uses the positive energies of the Chaos Emeralds to transform into Super Sonic. However, the negative energies can also be used to induce a transformation, as seen with Perfect Chaos. My question is, is this what Scourge is doing, and if it is, is this why his Super form is unlike the other traditional Super forms?

In answer - no, Super Scourge is the same as Super Sonic. If Scourge had used the Chaos Emeralds, he would appear the same and have the same powers. Likewise, Sonic could've used Anarchy Beryl to turned into his usual Super Forme. The difference is the after-effect: a positive little boost from the Chaos Emeralds or a heavy negative drain from the Anarchy Beryl.

What I'd like to know--and I think this may have been the gist of the original question--is: to go super, does Scourge use the negative power of the emeralds/beryl, or the positive power? Would Sonic and Scourge be able to go super off the same set of magical jewels, one using the positive power and one the negative power (a la Super Sonic vs. Perfect Chaos)?
2tailed
BumbleKnight

Postby ReifuTD » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:50 am

How long are the Sonic Universe story arcs going to be?

You think you’ll ever use Dexter from Sonic Chronicles or something Dexter like as a character or plot device in the comic?

The SS had the gold post opened the whole time they were in Freedom HQ. What would have happened to their plans if Rosy simply walked though from Moebuis into Mobuis?

Why didn’t Scourge know he would be weak after he powered down? I would think he had used his super form before? Or is powering down something different then when the power goes off on it’s own?

What the heck is Mina’s dad? He doesn’t look anything like any of the mongooses. So I don’t think he’s one. I seen him called a Mongoose, but I don’t know if that’s just assumed he a Mongoose or cannon.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Spin » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:18 pm

Questions I asked after editting my post last week, since you didn't see the change. I'll ask them again and see if you wish to answer.

1. How exactly was Sonic able to compare the effects of the Anarchy Beryl to the 'seven' Chaos Emeralds when he himself had yet to collect them all to transform and just used pieces of the green emeralds in the past?

2. Did you get the idea of smothering Super Scourge to lose his energy, from how Super Sonic can die from getting crushed in the videogames?
Spin
BumbleClan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:48 pm

Regarding the effects of Anarchy Beryl, you did mention that Anti-Eggman/Kintobor is skinny, which one could link to being a result of less self-indulgence and perhaps a greater work ethic (you mentioned Prime Eggman uses robots and Snively and stuff for carrying out his plans; Anti seems more hands-on in his work).

But anyway, regarding my last question about Sonic figuring out the Anarchy Beryl, he said that a few issues prior had the explanation of Rosey using that magic ring, but having a side-effect. Was that the clue we were supposed to pick up on when Sonic came up with his plan? Because I'd forgotten all about that particular tick when it came time for Sonic to face Super Scourge. XD

Still, the results seem a little pick and choose... if the Beryl was truly the anti of Chaos Emeralds, then shouldn't a "Super" form make the person using it weaker?

Plus, you missed Q #2: Regarding the whole boost/drain thing, why not just have Sonic trick him out of Super form, then just lay into Scourge to achieve the same end?

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Glaber » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:15 pm

1. If the right situation popped up, would Tails repair or Rebuild the Sea Fox so that he or the other freedom fighters could help?
Glaber
BumbleCitizen

Postby linebyline » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:27 pm

IanPotto wrote:
Question #57 wrote:What do you consider Blaze's world to be in the comic? A seperate zone in the multiverse or a pocket dimension in the Prime Zone (kind of like the Special Zone)?

Until the games prove me wrong, I'm saying it's a whole different zone, like Moebius.

Maybe I'm crazy... Actually, I'm probably crazy, but I'm not sure if it's affecting my impression of the facts. Anyway...

I thought the zones of the multiverse were pocket dimensions branching off Zone Prime, as per Turbo Tails and Shadow's discussion during "Order from Chaos": "Not another dimension entirely." So what is the difference?

Also, since Shadow was looking for such a Zone and got the Void/ZOS/Special Zone, would that make it a Zone like the antiverse (Moebius) or Blaze-World-Land or is it some kind of zone-within-a-zone deal?
linebyline
BumbleKnight

Postby Super Rayzor » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:56 pm

1. After reading linebyline's post I have to wonder, it's known that Scourge and Alicia threw Anti-King Acorn into the Zone of Silence/Void way back when, but is the Zone of Silence/Void the same as the one that Buttnik Prime sent Kudos, the OFF, Max Prime, etc. or is it a different Void localized to Moebius?

2. Would you say that Anti-Max was a good guy but not that good of a father, even though Max Prime isn't the best example of Parent of the Year either, like Anti-Jules or was he evil, sadistic, and cruel like his daughter and friends?

3. I think it's been answered, but is the Zone of Silence and the Void, from ish 30, the same place or are they seperate from each other cuz I'm thinking I've heard from someone/where that they weren't the same thing?

4. Are the SS really friends? In other words, would they really have each others backs in really bad times, like Scourge taking over, or are they together as a convient relationship and turn on each other given the right circumstances?
Super Rayzor
BumbleNoble

Postby Sir Bert Leaman » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:44 am

1. I know you have stated many a time that you have details in your mind about the supers, but since that has yet to be featured in the book, I want to know if it can be assumed that becoming super is something that some comic original (not counting Scourge or other alternate versions of game characters) could do?

2. You haven’t answered any of my Bean questions these last weeks. Aren’t you both getting along?

3. Any chance Eggman would ever resurrect the Death Egg?

4. Way back in 98 when Shadow was introduced, he busted up Silver Sonic 2. Was the robot repaired and put back in use?

5. We know Robotnik had his sub-bosses so when Eggman stepped in, did he continue using those that still remained or did he clean house and start over?
Sir Bert Leaman
BumbleNoble

Postby Spin » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:53 am

3. We seen them in Knothole as judges in #40. But do Hip and Hop live in New Mobotropolis, or have the two moved somewhere else off panel during the long events in the comic?

4. Regarding the Sonic Universe #4 cover, do the stars and conifer branches on the flag symbolize anything?

5. I've been reading through some of the Ask Ian Q/A and am wondering have you had any thoughts of updating/revising any of your failed character ideas into any possible concept in the comic one day?
Spin
BumbleClan

Postby shinginta » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:10 am

New to the forums but not the comics, a former Anon here from 4chan's /co/, thanks to Penguin God. Question time:

1: What's your attitude toward the influx of people on the board here? [2] Due to the apparent increase in number every week, do you think you'll start limiting questions [eg: first come, first served]?

3: Do you see yourself ever going off and writing for other, non-Archie comics? I ask because I know you're writing the Sabrina bit now, and I know that a few of the artists [like Spaz] have gone off to do more mainstream comics.

4: A question from /co/, actually: Who do you think would win in a fight- Archie Sonic, or SEGA Sonic?

5: You said in the script bits for #171 [I Am] that having Black Arms invade would be a "very brutal fight for survival that wouldn’t really fit in the theme of the book." Now I'm not knocking that decision- I definitely prefer the way you did it and agree that it was best to avoid being "tied up for months" in a plot that doesn't really have to take more than an issue. But wouldn't you say that fighting for their survival with minimal costs [but ultimately any cost nonetheless] is exactly the theme of the book? The entire book has been about kids struggling with Robotnik's invasion and doing their best to stay free in that awful oppression [in my eyes].

[Edit] I thought this up afterward and realized I'd run out of questions, so if someone else wants to spend one of their five on asking, they can. Otherwise I'm just writing it down now so I remember next week:
If Sonic and Scourge can use the Master Emerald to go super, as seen in Chaos Angel, why would they need to gather the Chaos Emeralds from Feist?
[E2] Thank you, Super Rayzor~
Last edited by shinginta on Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shinginta
BumbleNoble

Location: Aperture Science Enrichment Center Non-Discriminatory AI Disposal Ditch

Postby Super Rayzor » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:49 pm

Welcome to the to the forums, shinginta. That edited question's a good one and since I've just posted 4 questions this week and I really want that question answered, I shall adopt it as my 5th and final question!

5. If Sonic and Scourge can use the Master Emerald to go super, as seen in Chaos Angel, why would they need to gather the Chaos Emeralds from Feist?
Super Rayzor
BumbleNoble

Postby Luger » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:12 am

1.) Ignoring the Master Emerald, are seven Chaos Emeralds (and 50 power rings?) still required for individuals like Sonic, Knuckles and Tails to go into their super forms, or is only one required since the numers emeralds of each colour have been merged to form only seven?

2.) Do you have any plans at all to explore the Anti-Brotherhood in the future?

3.) Do you have any plans to explore some of the events that took place on Angel Island during Sonic's absence in space or during the Dark Legion civil war in Sonic Universe?

4.) Were any of Dr. Finitevus' plans or storyline already planned by Karl Bollers when you took the helm and you just flew with it, or is everything Dr. Finitevus did from issue #160 onwards completely original by you?

5.) Building off the previous question, if Finitevus' actions (post issue #160) were all original, what inspired you to take the character in the particular direction you did?
Last edited by Luger on Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Luger
BumbleNoble

Postby Penguin God » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:34 pm

1.) Beehive Colony, Echidnaopolis, Fire Ants, Chameleons, Dingoes. Is the Acorn Kingdom just the America of Mobius, or is there a certain reason it's the only kingdom besides Mercia without a predominant species?

2.) I'm guessing there's a Perpendicular Zone Eggman. Is he a menace, or an officer?

3.) Will we be seeing Silver again within the year?
Last edited by Penguin God on Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby hog of the future » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:20 pm

Will there be any SU exclusive characters not likely to ever be seen in the main series. I'm not talking about a one-shot character, but what would count as a recurring character in SU
Last edited by hog of the future on Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
hog of the future
BumbleKnight

Location: "The greatest city in the greatest country in the world" -Bill Smith

Postby Super Rayzor » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:34 pm

You're welcome, shinginta!
Super Rayzor
BumbleNoble

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius