Is it me, or is this crossover disappointing to X fans?

Event forum to handle all the discussion across Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe, Mega Man, and Sonic Boom.

Is it me, or is this crossover disappointing to X fans?

Postby Mavrickindigo » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:19 am

I don't know about you guys, but I feel like the MMX representation of this crossover is coming off as lazy or just plain offensive. We have Mavericks appearing who shouldn't be appearing, we have the main villain being really boring, and worst of all, these enemies who are really important characters in the story of X are being treated like cannon fodder. I am reading through the preview of part 9 right now, and I had to stop when I saw what happened to the Maverick on that page to make this thread.

I would expect Mavericks to be a much bigger deal and seeing them job so hard is making me shake my head in disappointment.
Last edited by Mavrickindigo on Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Re: Is it me, or is this crossover really offensive to X fan

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:42 am

Question: I'm still new on this forum. Did anyone complained when all Robot Masters were crushed by Sonic's friends? Because then it was at least 4 vs 1 and they were losing. Here it's Maverick are always in smaller or equal number to opponents.
I really see no reason to be surprised. It was obvious that Mavericks will be cannon fodder. Every new hero must prove to be strong and there is no place for long fights.
Besides, how can you know how strong Alex is? Maybe his punch can creak Reploid into pieces.

But yes, Sigma is boring villain.
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby DudestofGuys » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:20 am

It's just you.

The story could have been more interesting if it wasn't obligated to follow the motions, but the X series is getting the same treatment as everything else. Powerlevels don't matter in crossovers. I'm actually really happy with how Zain and Geemel were used, but at the same time it makes me wish each world got more page time.

I'll give you that it's weird seeing Gate and Dynamo as casual cannon fodder when Doppler and Red aren't around. Sigma being a lame excuse for a villain is just a series tradition.
DudestofGuys
BumbleFan

Postby redhedge47 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:27 am

When I read this title I thought you meant Sonic X, and you were going to assert that having Sonic X would be preferable to Sonic Boom for a crossover. I as a Sonic X fan was offended by the choice of Sonic Boom for the crossover though. Maybe next time we can have 6 worlds collide and pull in the Mega Man soccer universe to balance it out.
redhedge47
BumbleCitizen

Postby SonicSoul » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:29 am

Boom's at least relevant and what Sega wants to focus on as a brand.

X is pretty much dead and irrelevant to them.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby Meliden » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:46 am

Offensive? Now that's not a word I'd use to describe this. A slave to red tape and too cramped would be words I'd use, but not offensive.

The way to mitigate my stance a bit would probably go some way to mitigate yours though. I really think that for this to work, it needed to be either the four Blues (well, three Blues and a Badger) or Sonic and Mega Man with the SEGA and Capcom franchises [Or; do the former, so then you can bring them along for the ride for the latter]. Trying to incorporate both new selling points at the same time has done it no favours.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby akessel92 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:58 am

Meliden wrote:Offensive? Now that's not a word I'd use to describe this. A slave to red tape and too cramped would be words I'd use, but not offensive.

The way to mitigate my stance a bit would probably go some way to mitigate yours though. I really think that for this to work, it needed to be either the four Blues (well, three Blues and a Badger) or Sonic and Mega Man with the SEGA and Capcom franchises [Or; do the former, so then you can bring them along for the ride for the latter]. Trying to incorporate both new selling points at the same time has done it no favours.

Exactly, I can only imagine the legal crap involved in making this crossover happen. Was this crossover too ambitious? Probably, but I can't truly say it not when we got two more issues to go.
akessel92
BumbleNoble

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:04 am

I like how we have forums for both Mega Man and Worlds Unite but this thread (edit - originally) went in the Sonic forum, the one part of the crossover that's not even relevant to the OP
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby Mavrickindigo » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:20 pm

Honest mistake on my part with the thread location.

There's a difference between Robot Masters and Mavericks. Not only that, but we are seeing the "big bads" of games, like Dynamo, Gate, Zain and Gemel, among the more "rank and file" boss characters, and taken down just as easily.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby akessel92 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:51 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:Honest mistake on my part with the thread location.

There's a difference between Robot Masters and Mavericks. Not only that, but we are seeing the "big bads" of games, like Dynamo, Gate, Zain and Gemel, among the more "rank and file" boss characters, and taken down just as easily.

Well my theory as to why their weak is probably because...
Spoiler: show
as powerful as the genesis portals are restoring a dna soul x number of times causes deterioration. Sort of like copying a photo from a copy of a photo. You think sigma is free of it but he isn't look at x8
akessel92
BumbleNoble

Postby Mordum » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:51 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:Is it me, or is this crossover really offensive to X fans?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1KPRMoN3Tk
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby Ryu The Weredragon » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:21 pm

Yeah, pretty sure it's just you, being a Mega Man X fan myself.
Ryu The Weredragon
BumbleKnight

Postby Razorsaw » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:05 pm

I remember the Mega Missions manga, where the revived, supposedly new and improved, all more powerful Mavericks come back and are individually dispatched and eliminated again in the space of only a few pages.

so yeah.

You're kind of off base here, Maverick.

Not only that, but we are seeing the "big bads" of games, like Dynamo, Gate, Zain and Gemel, among the more "rank and file" boss characters, and taken down just as easily.

you're exaggerating if you think Dynamo, Zain, and Gemel are "big bads". If anything, they're more "the heavies" to the actual big bads. Heck, X6 reduced Dynamo to a chump picking at Nightmare's scraps.

Gate isn't even really supposed to be a great fighter.
Razorsaw
BumbleCitizen

Postby Spin » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:38 pm

I wouldn't say offensive just disappointing. Between Axl and having the last X game set to X7. Along with how pathetic the Mavericks are. Doesn't help when Mega Man is set to the current Mega Man comic timeline when it wasn't in the prequel. While X is placed way off in a future game timeline. All that just doesn't resonate with me personally.

Again, I only liked the old X games. So I'm pretty jaded.
Spin
BumbleClan

Postby dantemustdie00 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:40 pm

Being a X fan myself....no, some of ya'll might take things too seriously
dantemustdie00
BumbleNoble

Next

Return to WORLDS UNITE