New Subforum!

Subforum dedicated to Sonic Boom - the comic book, cartoon and videogame series.

Re: New Subforum!

Postby Ian Flynn » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:30 am

ReifuTD wrote:Well Boom comic doing so well is a very good thing would and most definitely gives some kind of boost to the other Archie Action like the other Sonic books and Mega Man. I am a little worried that the comic numbers are bubble caused by people who were just curious about the new Sonic Boom franchise. I mean the show and comic came out before the games did so a lot of people probably just bought and watch those who at least wanted to get an understanding and feel of the franchise.

That's a possibility. It's just too early for folks to be wringing their hands and worrying about the "END OF SONIC!" and all that noise.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Yarcaz » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:06 am

In the comics I wonder if there will be any way to tie up the tv show, comic, Wii U game, and 3ds game into one timeline in oen world with all the characters from each in that one world all in the comic, that would be very cool in my opinion and maybe some new characters or back-story on lets say shadow in the sonic boom universe, and before, after, or during events of the tv show or game to give a more in depth look at the franchise.

Spoiler: show
Like at the end of Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric when eggman gets that blue circular device and pits it over his yellow circular device and can now supposedly control any machine with programming up to now or later on.

Also I hope that this comic still runs for a long time after the tv show, and longer than the sonic X comic which was only 40 issues.
Yarcaz
BumbleFan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:51 am

That would be an ideal situation. If any aspect of the franchise would care enough to tie everything together, it would be the comics. However, that would be if SEGA is willing to play nice and allow Archie more freedom with Boom than they do with their regular continuity

It's just too early for folks to be wringing their hands and worrying about the "END OF SONIC!" and all that noise.

I know that I, at least, don't care if Sonic Boom passes or fails. I want it to be good, sure, but the real test of Sonic's continued relevancy is in his first non-nintendo exclusive 8th-gen game.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Meliden » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:51 pm

Bump because this belongs in no other top--oh. Um. Well this is an awkward bump given the discussion above.

Uh, a couple of pieces of info divulged by Bill Freiberger through Youtube comments over the past, say, six months.

-Perci is a Bandicoot. I know, not my first guess either, but there we go.
-Sonic Boom does not (and presumably will not) use any other non-Boom character outside of what Boom has already established in their own universe. So that means no Archie characters, no characters from other shows, and no characters from non-Boom games.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby Meliden » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:20 am

Double post; Sonic Channel has made a new character page for Sticks. This is not unknown with one-shot characters, so it hardly confirms her as a shot in the main continuity.

Most of the info is what we knew already, but there is one new basic piece of info we have; Sticks is 85cm tall. If we go by the age being proportionate to height ala Marine, that means she's older than Tails but younger than Amy. Even though her age isn't given, I'd say 10 years old was a safe bet.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:42 am

Yuji Uekawa art for Sticks! yes yes yes!
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:00 pm

What? No links? =(

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:28 pm

http://sonic.sega.jp/SonicChannel/character/sticks.html

Yuji Uekawa also does (monthly?) sketch wallpapers for the site, and apparently he did one of Sticks in April
http://sonic.sega.jp/SonicChannel/enjoy ... _01_pc.png
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby GentlemanX » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:55 pm

Well that's neat. Meliden's right, but between this and her inclusion in Mario & Sonic Sticks is certainly being given treatment no other side series character has ever gotten before, at least not since Sally.
GentlemanX
BumbleNoble

Previous

Return to Sports Tape & Sonic Speed