Where's Dawn?

Forum dedicated to "Sylvanna" by BumbleKing and Gloryhound Productions

Where's Dawn?

Postby Chordsy » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:14 am

Hey guys,

I wanted to post an update to those of you curious about my status who may not be following me on the various social media sites. Even if you are, you've likely noticed my departure from regular visits to the internet over the past month or so. As I stated on the Sylvanna site, this was largely due to my pregnancy coming to an end, and our little bundle of joy being born at the end of September. :) Granted - I'd wanted to be back in action by now, but that's not been something I could accommodate as planned.

Unfortunately, with the happy occasion of our daughter's arrival came the news that my mother's cancer had again surfaced. We thought at first she would get through it as she had when it had gotten rough for her through spring, but sadly, this was a much more vicious cluster that refused to succumb to the chemotherapy she was receiving. And so, last week, mom at last decided to end her treatment so she could spend her final days at home.

I haven't revealed this on social media or the Sylvanna site due to the fact that mom has friends who frequent both - people who haven't gotten the full story from her personally, yet - but these are the circumstances I am up against at the moment. I intend to have the colored version of the last page posted, this weekend, and from there, sporadic updates until the time comes when I am able to do the weekly updates, once more.

Just didn't want you guys thinking I've forgotten about you. Far from it.

All my love for your continued interest in the project, my dear friends. This has been one @#$% of a year, so here's looking to a brighter future ahead.

- Dawn
Chordsy
BumbleFan

Re: Where's Dawn?

Postby Ian Flynn » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:39 pm

When it rains, it pours - or floods in your case.

Hang in there, Dawnface.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Illustrious Q » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:03 pm

*hugs*

You are in my prayers Dawn.
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby SurrealBrain » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:48 pm

I hope your family does well, Dawn. Sorry to hear your mother's having problems.
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan

Postby ShadowBat20 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:19 am

Illustrious Q wrote:*hugs*

You are in my prayers Dawn.

Same here.
ShadowBat20
BumbleClan

Postby Chordsy » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:11 pm

Thanks, all - it's probably apparent that I botched plans for this past weeken's update as mom took a turn on Saturday. The good news is, I Have "moved back in" with the folks full time and am full time support, but the reason and the bad news is, we're probably nearing the end.

Your well wishes are felt and hugely appreciated. I will be back, soon. <3
Chordsy
BumbleFan

Return to In Search of Shards - Sylvanna