The Sylvanna KICKSTARTER is LIVE!

Forum dedicated to "Sylvanna" by BumbleKing and Gloryhound Productions

Re: The Sylvanna KICKSTARTER is LIVE!

Postby Night the Cat » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:30 pm

So is this fully CreditCardAmazonDigital, or are there other ways to pay?
Night the Cat
BumbleNewbie

Postby Chordsy » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:09 pm

Illustrious Q wrote:$30,000.00 would get Ian Flynn, via a recorded permanently posted youtube video, to state that Marine the Raccoon is his all time favorite Sonic Character. the swag would be that the backers all get a good laugh, and you and Ian laugh yourselves all the way to the bank! :twisted:

Ohhhhhhh that is just WICKED! :D Great ideas, though. All of them. Even the Marine one!

Night the Cat wrote:So is this fully CreditCardAmazonDigital, or are there other ways to pay?

It looks like it is for the most part. I have a note into Kickstarter asking if I could take pledges for people myself and have them snail-mail their pledge when successful. No response yet but I'll keep you posted! I don't see why that would be hard to do.
Chordsy
BumbleFan

Postby Night the Cat » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:57 am

Chordsy wrote:It looks like it is for the most part. I have a note into Kickstarter asking if I could take pledges for people myself and have them snail-mail their pledge when successful. No response yet but I'll keep you posted! I don't see why that would be hard to do.

Ok thanks. :)
Night the Cat
BumbleNewbie

Postby Chordsy » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:57 am

Night the Cat wrote:
Chordsy wrote:It looks like it is for the most part. I have a note into Kickstarter asking if I could take pledges for people myself and have them snail-mail their pledge when successful. No response yet but I'll keep you posted! I don't see why that would be hard to do.

Night, do you have Paypal? Looks like that might be your best option. The other one is this which I can grant you -- After the Kickstarter ends and it's assured we're funded, I can give you a "commission" of the prize level you want if you snail-mail me money. Would that work?
Chordsy
BumbleFan

Postby Night the Cat » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:20 am

Chordsy wrote:
Night the Cat wrote:

Night, do you have Paypal? Looks like that might be your best option. The other one is this which I can grant you -- After the Kickstarter ends and it's assured we're funded, I can give you a "commission" of the prize level you want if you snail-mail me money. Would that work?

Yeah that would work. I'm afraid I don't have a Paypal [DA has been bugging me to get one to sell art and junk though]. I'm still not quite sure what exactly Paypal even is.
Night the Cat
BumbleNewbie

Postby Ian Flynn » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:43 am

Night the Cat wrote: I'm still not quite sure what exactly Paypal even is.

In a nutshell, it's a service that allows you to buy goods online without having to provide your credit card info. It's like wiring money in a way.

You give PayPal your bank card info (Visa, MC, debit, credit, whatever). Then, whenever you use PayPal on a participating site, they automatically deduct from your account. They play the middle man.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby LilacDownDeep » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:11 am

I totes forgot to pledge, so I threw over my ten bucks for the projects. I did the same for a couple of other projects already (one of them was Guinea Something Good, a game project by Joe P.) so 'tis all good.

*hands over moneys* xD
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby Night the Cat » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:44 am

Ian Flynn wrote:
Night the Cat wrote: I'm still not quite sure what exactly Paypal even is.

In a nutshell, it's a service that allows you to buy goods online without having to provide your credit card info. It's like wiring money in a way.

You give PayPal your bank card info (Visa, MC, debit, credit, whatever). Then, whenever you use PayPal on a participating site, they automatically deduct from your account. They play the middle man.

Oh, ok then.
Night the Cat
BumbleNewbie

Postby Ian Flynn » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:51 am

As I type this we're at the half-way mark of the Kickstarter. Folks have blown our expectations way out of the water - out of orbit, even!

Right now, we're $14 away from making a significant content bonus to the project and unlocking another of the $1K prizes. That would bring us to $6,500.

Then, if somebody buys the $1K prize (!!!), we'll be at $7,500 - only $500 away from upsizing the Year One book entirely!

Honestly? If we didn't get another dime, I'd be satisfied. Y'all have been amazing. But we're so close to giving you more stuff! Just a little push (because it's a relatively small sum compared to what we've got so far) and we'll be there!
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Illustrious Q » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:43 am

$6506 as I type.
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby Daluna13 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:54 am

Illustrious Q wrote:$6506 as I type.

Add one more Dollar to that :D
Daluna13
BumbleNoble

Postby Chordsy » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:39 am

Hehe, seconding what Ian has already said. Reaching the big stretch goal would be great but as it stands even now, the turnout has been AMAZING! You guys killed it :D

I haven't been as diligent in watching and updating people this weekend due to taking care of a husband with a rather nasty impacted tooth (hopefully to be removed on Thursday, this week) but I AM finishing up the One-Shot for tonight and sending an Air-Mail update in a few minutes! :D

Thanks again, all! Totally stoked that this is happening. It's a dream come true!
Chordsy
BumbleFan

Postby FritzyBeat » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:05 pm

Ok, this is really starting to annoy me.

I keep wanting to contribute to the kickstarter, but every time I do, It won't let me pay via PayPal :(

Is there some spacial way your supposed to contribute if you want to do it through PayPal? Because I only ever get as far as some Amazon.ca page asking me to insert my credit card number... :?

*sob* Why can't I contribute???
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

Postby Chordsy » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:37 am

TheMobian wrote:Ok, this is really starting to annoy me.

I keep wanting to contribute to the kickstarter, but every time I do, It won't let me pay via PayPal :(

Is there some spacial way your supposed to contribute if you want to do it through PayPal? Because I only ever get as far as some Amazon.ca page asking me to insert my credit card number... :?

Ah! I looked into it last night, and I will need to set up a donation area on the website for pledges. Kind of a bummer that Kickstarter doesn't allow this type of pledging directly, but from what I've seen others do, I can still set this up, manually. Hopefully I can put a little work into it and have it ready this evening, but if not, certainly by the end of the week. :)
Chordsy
BumbleFan

Postby FritzyBeat » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:18 pm

Chordsy wrote:
TheMobian wrote:Ok, this is really starting to annoy me.

Ah! I looked into it last night, and I will need to set up a donation area on the website for pledges. Kind of a bummer that Kickstarter doesn't allow this type of pledging directly, but from what I've seen others do, I can still set this up, manually. Hopefully I can put a little work into it and have it ready this evening, but if not, certainly by the end of the week. :)

Alright, thank you for looking into this for me Dawn :) I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for that donation area on the website. I'll be contributing the moment I see it up :wink:
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

PreviousNext

Return to In Search of Shards - Sylvanna