The Sylvanna KICKSTARTER is LIVE!

Forum dedicated to "Sylvanna" by BumbleKing and Gloryhound Productions

The Sylvanna KICKSTARTER is LIVE!

Postby Chordsy » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:20 am

Hey guys, point your browsers this way:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/956779147/sylvanna-year-one-the-graphic-novel-and-webcomic

Every little bit of pledge helps, so we're giving stuff away even if you contribute just a buck!
Meanwhile, here's a closer look at all the cool swag you can get!

Intro video also forthcoming. Spread the word! Let's make it great -- I know you all will :D
Chordsy
BumbleFan

Re: The Sylvanna KICKSTARTER is LIVE!

Postby Illustrious Q » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:14 pm

And to think, in just over 13 hours, $2,200.00+ has been raised of the goal of $3,000.00.

I wonder if there is anyway we could possibly see Ian's face if the goal is hit before the end of the day.
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby Diablo » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:16 pm

I need to get a new credit card first, my current one isn't compatible with online buying. :/ Iut I will probably pledge 20-30 dollars to it, but i'll stick with the digital rewards.
:D
Diablo
BumbleNoble

Postby Chordsy » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:41 pm

Illustrious Q wrote:And to think, in just over 13 hours, $2,200.00+ has been raised of the goal of $3,000.00.

I wonder if there is anyway we could possibly see Ian's face if the goal is hit before the end of the day.

Man, we have the best backers in the world. Have I said that enough times, yet? You guys are an inspiration, and I mean that most sincerely.

As for Ian's face... let's see if we can get that to happen :D

Diablo wrote:I need to get a new credit card first, my current one isn't compatible with online buying. :/ Iut I will probably pledge 20-30 dollars to it, but i'll stick with the digital rewards.
:D

Every bit helps, man. And I understand waiting for replacement cards -- also, I think there's a way to PayPal pledges, as well if that works better for you.
Chordsy
BumbleFan

Postby Legionfan44 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:54 pm

Pledged $30.00 this morning, would do more, but on a bit of a budget atm. But yeah, best of luck! Can't wait to read the book!

I do have to ask though, if sometime in the future you guys would consider selling the sketchbook online, cause i'd love to buy that someday!
Legionfan44
BumbleKnight

Postby FritzyBeat » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:00 pm

Illustrious Q wrote:I wonder if there is anyway we could possibly see Ian's face if the goal is hit before the end of the day.

Calling it now.
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

Postby Chordsy » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:06 pm

Legionfan44 wrote:Pledged $30.00 this morning, would do more, but on a bit of a budget atm. But yeah, best of luck! Can't wait to read the book!

I do have to ask though, if sometime in the future you guys would consider selling the sketchbook online, cause i'd love to buy that someday!

It's been on my mind for sure. I know that printing them is going to be limited as they are *surprisingly* expensive for a small volume due to the sketch cover. :)
Chordsy
BumbleFan

Postby Ian Flynn » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:33 pm

Five and a half hours to raise $78. Can it happen...?
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Illustrious Q » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:58 pm

Current total as of 7:46 PM EST: $3,972.00 out of $3,000.00.

Looks like it was done in slightly less than 30 minutes. XD
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby RadRed89 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:04 pm

Well...I know I said I wanted to pledge $100 to the cause...but I just lost my main job a few days ago, so I suddenly find myself needing all the money I can hold on to. So I gave $30 instead, since I didn't want to completely back out. :(
RadRed89
BumbleNoble

Postby Ian Flynn » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:17 pm

TheMobian wrote:
Illustrious Q wrote:I wonder if there is anyway we could possibly see Ian's face if the goal is hit before the end of the day.

Calling it now.

I see you and raise one format:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCZyqW5tSGU

Thanks a ton, guys. And this is only the start!
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Dejimon11 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:25 pm

Wow thats impressive nice job guys i wish i could but i cant at the moment
Dejimon11
BumbleNoble

Postby FritzyBeat » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:25 pm

Ian Flynn wrote:
TheMobian wrote:

Calling it now.

I see you and raise one format:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCZyqW5tSGU
Thanks a ton, guys.

Four... THOUSAND??? Wow, congradulations you two, thats amazing! :D
Ian Flynn wrote:And this is only the start!

You bet it is, I haven't even been able to contribute MY share to the kickstarter yet, and thats because I first need to go and renew my subscription to Sonic Universe, and get a subscription to SSSM. Once I'm done that, then I know how much money I'll be contributing :)
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

Postby Chordsy » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:48 am

Yeah so... hooo boy! What a night, huh?

I'm writing this with less than $50 to go on our $5,000 stretch-goal so I think we're gonna hit that. I'm calling my printer and pricing out what the book would cost at 80 pages and the numbers are looking pretty sweet so I'm making that a stretch for $8,000 raised at this point. It just makes me so happy that this is going to happen and I really truly can't thank you guys enough. I cannot WAIT to get going.

So I'm excited that we'll have our first pages in April and people are already asking how we're going to handle that. Was thinking we'd open with a couple pages to get appetites whetted, then as the year went on, update with one-to-three page weekly updates. And if we hit that $8k stretch goal, it looks like we'll be guaranteed to do more than one page or one update, per week regardless. :)

Anyone got any ideas for stretch-goal swag?
Chordsy
BumbleFan

Postby Illustrious Q » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:55 pm

Possibly include the 2 six page stories in the printed and digital versions.

Desktop wallpaper pack, good idea. Another one might be an exclusive one shot story for all pledgers if a certain milestone is reached (like $10,000.00). Maybe the chance to have one lucky pledger design something non consequential (like money for instance) if another milestone is reached ($12,000.00 possibly).

$30,000.00 would get Ian Flynn, via a recorded permanently posted youtube video, to state that Marine the Raccoon is his all time favorite Sonic Character. the swag would be that the backers all get a good laugh, and you and Ian laugh yourselves all the way to the bank! :twisted:

Also, as of this post:

48 backers
$5,034 pledged of $3,000 goal
28 days to go
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Next

Return to In Search of Shards - Sylvanna