SYLVANNA - Pre-launch info

Forum dedicated to "Sylvanna" by BumbleKing and Gloryhound Productions

Re: SYLVANNA - Pre-launch info

Postby FritzyBeat » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:02 pm

Night the Cat wrote:
Diablo wrote:
Night the Cat wrote:
TheMobian wrote:Hey Night the Cat, welcome to the forums! Glad to have you onboard the bandwagon :D

Thanks. ^^

That art looks amazing.

A new soul, eh? Magnificent. I shall add you to my collection.

I'm hardly worth collecting. Go find another soul to steal. XD

Yeah Diablo, leave the new blood alone, at least wait until they've ripened up a little bit more, we have their sanity to steal first :twisted:

In an attempt to steer the thread back on the right track, Has anybody given the Sylvanna website Gallery a look yet? Theres a ton of awesome production art there that can't be found anywhere else, you should totally give it a look through.
Also, there is a brand new statement from Dawn on the front page about the Kickstarter rewards, the AirMail, and a few other things. So be sure to give that a read through as well ;)

*goes to read it before anyone can call me a hypocrite*
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

Postby Night the Cat » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:58 am

CaleTheCat wrote:Welcome to the BumbleKingdom, Night the Cat! It's always nice to see more cats here... Especially cute ones. :wink: We should get along just fine, right?

Leave your sanity at the door, you won't need it here. And watch out for antics of Nerbs and their god Dubs. They can be a little... Weird.

And now a little poem:

A little Dubs in the day,
keeps sanity away!

Enjoy your stay here!

Why thank you. ^^

As for the front page and gallery, I did notice the annoucement about special stuff for the Kickstarter. I've been keeping up with all the new photos too. I like the new one of Celene. She looks so very evil. I have a question though, who are Jaide and Kaiyo?
Last edited by Night the Cat on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Night the Cat
BumbleNewbie

Postby Eskana » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:50 pm

Hi!

Is there a chance that- once Sylvanna gets going- you'll publish in print?

Looks really cool by the way!! :)
Eskana
BumbleFan

Postby Night the Cat » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:57 pm

I'd say that that could definately be a possibility, but that's just my guess.
Night the Cat
BumbleNewbie

Postby FritzyBeat » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:20 pm

Eskana wrote:Hi!

Check the website. Ian and Dawn are planning on releasing a 50+ page print version of the comic at the end of every year, compiling all the pages made over the previous year.

Night the Cat wrote:I'd say that that could definately be a possibility, but that's just my guess.

See above answer :wink:
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

Postby Night the Cat » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:28 pm

TheMobian wrote:

Check the website. Ian and Dawn are planning on releasing a 50+ page print version of the comic at the end of every year, compiling all the pages made over the previous year.

Night the Cat wrote:I'd say that that could definately be a possibility, but that's just my guess.

See above answer :wink:

I haven't had the chance to read very much of it. XD My computer hates the website because there are so many large pictures.
Night the Cat
BumbleNewbie

Postby Chordsy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:14 am

Woo -- apologies guys, I didn't see that this forum was getting new attention -- I figured "Well, that's sticky to the top. No new topics" - I need to learn to look at the icons next to these forums, (hearty laughter)! Anyway...

Well thanks! And as Mobi said, we ARE publishing it. That's actually where a large portion of the funds for the Kickstarter are going to go. :) Unlike other books-to-print, we're gonna show ours off as a webcomic along the way, so nobody has to wait for the end of the year until they see where their money went. ;)

Night the Cat wrote:Why thank you. ^^

As for the front page and gallery, I did notice the annoucement about special stuff for the Kickstarter. I've been keeping up with all the new photos too. I like the new one of Celene. She looks so very evil. I have a question though, who are Jaide and Kaiyo?

I'll have more info on Jaide and Kaiyo as the series progresses. One of the things I'll be doing is allowing people who donate a one-time gift of $10 (or just $5 or more during the Kickstarter) to support us, will get access to the "hidden vault" of the site, where there'll be exclusive comics and first looks at things like Kaiyo and Jaide's bios :3
Chordsy
BumbleFan

Postby FritzyBeat » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:27 pm

Chordsy wrote:One of the things I'll be doing is allowing people who donate a one-time gift of $10 (or just $5 or more during the Kickstarter) to support us, will get access to the "hidden vault" of the site, where there'll be exclusive comics and first looks at things like Kaiyo and Jaide's bios :3

And this is what I'm most excited about (amoung other things :P ).
This "Hidden Vault" is obviously going to be packed with interesting things to see, so I'll be sure to be donating my part during the kickstarter :D
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

Postby Legionfan44 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:25 pm

Both of these things have probably already been asked, but

1. How much do you need to donate to get a Physical Copy of the book down the line
2. Any ETA on what day the Kick Starter starts.
Legionfan44
BumbleKnight

Postby Night the Cat » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:28 am

Chordsy wrote:Woo -- apologies guys, I didn't see that this forum was getting new attention -- I figured "Well, that's sticky to the top. No new topics" - I need to learn to look at the icons next to these forums, (hearty laughter)! Anyway...

Well thanks! And as Mobi said, we ARE publishing it. That's actually where a large portion of the funds for the Kickstarter are going to go. :) Unlike other books-to-print, we're gonna show ours off as a webcomic along the way, so nobody has to wait for the end of the year until they see where their money went. ;)

Night the Cat wrote:Why thank you. ^^

I'll have more info on Jaide and Kaiyo as the series progresses. One of the things I'll be doing is allowing people who donate a one-time gift of $10 (or just $5 or more during the Kickstarter) to support us, will get access to the "hidden vault" of the site, where there'll be exclusive comics and first looks at things like Kaiyo and Jaide's bios :3

Oh. Well that's a bit of a let down. I'm not sure I can contribute anything. XD Unless of course I can mail someone a check.
Night the Cat
BumbleNewbie

Postby Chordsy » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:43 pm

TheMobian wrote:
Chordsy wrote:One of the things I'll be doing is allowing people who donate a one-time gift of $10 (or just $5 or more during the Kickstarter) to support us, will get access to the "hidden vault" of the site, where there'll be exclusive comics and first looks at things like Kaiyo and Jaide's bios :3

And this is what I'm most excited about (amoung other things :P ).
This "Hidden Vault" is obviously going to be packed with interesting things to see, so I'll be sure to be donating my part during the kickstarter :D

Absolutely! I've actually already started on the content for that :D

Legionfan44 wrote:Both of these things have probably already been asked, but

1. How much do you need to donate to get a Physical Copy of the book down the line
2. Any ETA on what day the Kick Starter starts.

Good questions!
Right now, I'm trying to get the price down on printing to allow the $20 and up pledges to get a printed copy AND all the lower-tier rewards below that. Anyone pledging $10 or more will for sure be getting a hi-res PDF copy of the book. Early February is as much as I can commit to saying at the moment since I am still pricing rewards and shopping potentially cheaper printers. These printed editions aren't just going to be comics... they will be *books* so it's a little pricier than what I've been used to printing in the past. :)

Night the Cat wrote:Oh. Well that's a bit of a let down. I'm not sure I can contribute anything. XD Unless of course I can mail someone a check.

We're gonna try to get ways for our loyal pals to get the most out of this, and that means we're not just taking care of people who can contribute a ton of money. :)
Chordsy
BumbleFan

Postby Night the Cat » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:46 pm

Chordsy wrote:
Night the Cat wrote:Oh. Well that's a bit of a let down. I'm not sure I can contribute anything. Unless of course I can mail someone a check.

We're gonna try to get ways for our loyal pals to get the most out of this, and that means we're not just taking care of people who can contribute a ton of money. :)

The money isn't the issue, it's how to get it to you guys that I'm worried about. XD
Night the Cat
BumbleNewbie

Postby Chordsy » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:14 pm

Night the Cat wrote:
Chordsy wrote:
Night the Cat wrote:Oh. Well that's a bit of a let down. I'm not sure I can contribute anything. Unless of course I can mail someone a check.

The money isn't the issue, it's how to get it to you guys that I'm worried about. XD

Good question! While I'm not sure we'd be able to do it for everybody, I'll look into ways for people without debit/credit cards to contribute to the Kickstarter for sure. Don't want to leave you guys out! :)
Chordsy
BumbleFan

Postby Night the Cat » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:00 pm

Ok good. ^^
Night the Cat
BumbleNewbie

Postby Legionfan44 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:07 am

$20 eh, sounds good to me, i'll be looking forward to putting down my Pledge once the Kick-Starter starts *If not the first day deffinantly as soon as I have the spare $20 to do so*

I really am hoping this project is successful, you can never have enough good comics about Bats. * I mean its worked well for DC for decades! XD*
Legionfan44
BumbleKnight

PreviousNext

Return to In Search of Shards - Sylvanna