SYLVANNA - Pre-launch info

Forum dedicated to "Sylvanna" by BumbleKing and Gloryhound Productions

Re: SYLVANNA - Pre-launch info

Postby Illustrious Q » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:26 am

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:I intend to pledge to the Kickstarter with the sole purpose off being able to loom over Ian's shoulder, saying "I'm an investor!"

I'm going to have a top hat and monocle and everything when I do it, too. That's what Wall Street types wear, isn't it?

--LBD "Nytetrayn"


I think the scarier thought would be Dubs as the investor.
User avatar
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 7989
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:33 am
Location: The Land of the Q

Re: SYLVANNA - Pre-launch info

Postby Tsurugi » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:08 am

comic321 wrote:does this dawn person have a da account?

Yup, just look up Sylvanna on dA and her work will be among the first few results.
User avatar
Tsurugi
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1804
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:48 pm
Location: Galway

Re: SYLVANNA - Pre-launch info

Postby Chordsy » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:42 am

Tsurugi wrote:
comic321 wrote:does this dawn person have a da account?

Yup, just look up Sylvanna on dA and her work will be among the first few results.


You'll be happy to know that lots of dawn people have accounts at da. http://dawnbest.deviantart.com is my account, tho. ;)

And thanks, BigIsland -- I have actually done the attracta thing and am just waiting for results. :)
User avatar
Chordsy
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:42 am
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: SYLVANNA - Pre-launch info

Postby Daluna13 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:15 am

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:I intend to pledge to the Kickstarter with the sole purpose off being able to loom over Ian's shoulder, saying "I'm an investor!"

I'm going to have a top hat and monocle and everything when I do it, too. That's what Wall Street types wear, isn't it?

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
:shock: I think being here for so long has gotten to you LBD.

Illustrious Q wrote:I think the scarier thought would be Dubs as the investor.

yes quite so
User avatar
Daluna13
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1595
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:11 am
Location: Back between point A and B

Re: SYLVANNA - Pre-launch info

Postby Aelius » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:23 pm

Hey all! Congrats on the project, Dawn. I was hoping to see more of this setting for a long time :D
User avatar
Aelius
BumbleNewbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:46 pm
Location: GA, USA

Re: SYLVANNA - Pre-launch info

Postby FritzyBeat » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:07 pm

Aelius wrote:Hey all! Congrats on the project, Dawn. I was hoping to see more of this setting for a long time :D

Welcome to the forum Aelius!!!
Please leave your sanity at the door, and be sure to watch out for Nerbs. We had Scruffy dust for them a few hours ago, but we always could have missed a few :P
Glad you have you onboard bud :wink:
User avatar
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan
 
Posts: 3027
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:56 pm
Location: Up in the cold cloudy night sky~

Re: SYLVANNA - Pre-launch info

Postby Diablo » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:09 pm

TheMobian wrote:
Aelius wrote:Hey all! Congrats on the project, Dawn. I was hoping to see more of this setting for a long time :D

Welcome to the forum Aelius!!!
Please leave your sanity at the door, and be sure to watch out for Nerbs. We had Scruffy dust for them a few hours ago, but we always could have missed a few :P
Glad you have you onboard bud :wink:

*pokes his head around the corner*
Do I smell a fresh soul over here? :twisted:
User avatar
Diablo
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1410
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:14 pm
Location: Somewhere.

Re: SYLVANNA - Pre-launch info

Postby FritzyBeat » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:15 pm

Diablo wrote:
TheMobian wrote:
Aelius wrote:Hey all! Congrats on the project, Dawn. I was hoping to see more of this setting for a long time :D

Welcome to the forum Aelius!!!
Please leave your sanity at the door, and be sure to watch out for Nerbs. We had Scruffy dust for them a few hours ago, but we always could have missed a few :P
Glad you have you onboard bud :wink:

*pokes his head around the corner*
Do I smell a fresh soul over here? :twisted:

Hey, leave the new guy alone! Bad Diablo, bad!
Away with you, back to the pit from whence you came! You will have your chance later :P

In an attempt to keep things from completely derailing, I have a question.
I was looking around the search function for Sylvanna, and found that it had a page on "The Webcomic List". According to that page, it was added in April of 2005, and last updated around the same time.
Chordsy, did you by any chance try to start the webcomic back in 2005, but it just didn't end up working out? How far exactly did you get that first run?
User avatar
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan
 
Posts: 3027
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:56 pm
Location: Up in the cold cloudy night sky~

Re: SYLVANNA - Pre-launch info

Postby Illustrious Q » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:23 pm

TheMobian wrote:
Diablo wrote:
TheMobian wrote:
Aelius wrote:Hey all! Congrats on the project, Dawn. I was hoping to see more of this setting for a long time :D

Welcome to the forum Aelius!!!
Please leave your sanity at the door, and be sure to watch out for Nerbs. We had Scruffy dust for them a few hours ago, but we always could have missed a few :P
Glad you have you onboard bud :wink:

*pokes his head around the corner*
Do I smell a fresh soul over here? :twisted:

Hey, leave the new guy alone! Bad Diablo, bad!
Away with you, back to the pit from whence you came! You will have your chance later :P


After I am done dealing with him, of course. XD
User avatar
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 7989
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:33 am
Location: The Land of the Q

Re: SYLVANNA - Pre-launch info

Postby Legionfan44 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:30 pm

Interesting, looking forward to it!

Quick Question is this forever an online only thing or would you consider giving it a print version in the distant future? *If its successful that is*

Seriously it looks/sounds AWESOME!!!
User avatar
Legionfan44
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 600
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:09 pm
Location: The Twilight Cage.

Re: SYLVANNA - Pre-launch info

Postby LilacDownDeep » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:20 pm

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:I intend to pledge to the Kickstarter with the sole purpose off being able to loom over Ian's shoulder, saying "I'm an investor!"

I'm going to have a top hat and monocle and everything when I do it, too. That's what Wall Street types wear, isn't it?

--LBD "Nytetrayn"


Does this include the snobbish posh accent?

And can I be the secretary? /kidding
User avatar
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1675
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:41 pm
Location: The Lone Star State

Re: SYLVANNA - Pre-launch info

Postby FritzyBeat » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:33 pm

Legionfan44 wrote:Interesting, looking forward to it!

Quick Question is this forever an online only thing or would you consider giving it a print version in the distant future? *If its successful that is*

Seriously it looks/sounds AWESOME!!!

The site says that they plan on releasing about 50 pages a year, and that at the end of every year they would like to release a print comic.
So yes, they do plan on getting us some physical copies in the near future.
If we’re successful, Sylvanna will have several multi-page updates throughout the year, and will be collected in a 50+ page print volume at years’ end!
User avatar
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan
 
Posts: 3027
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:56 pm
Location: Up in the cold cloudy night sky~

Re: SYLVANNA - Pre-launch info

Postby Aelius » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:10 pm

TheMobian wrote:
Diablo wrote:
TheMobian wrote:
Aelius wrote:Hey all! Congrats on the project, Dawn. I was hoping to see more of this setting for a long time :D

Welcome to the forum Aelius!!!
Please leave your sanity at the door, and be sure to watch out for Nerbs. We had Scruffy dust for them a few hours ago, but we always could have missed a few :P
Glad you have you onboard bud :wink:

*pokes his head around the corner*
Do I smell a fresh soul over here? :twisted:

Hey, leave the new guy alone! Bad Diablo, bad!
Away with you, back to the pit from whence you came! You will have your chance later :P

In an attempt to keep things from completely derailing, I have a question.
I was looking around the search function for Sylvanna, and found that it had a page on "The Webcomic List". According to that page, it was added in April of 2005, and last updated around the same time.
Chordsy, did you by any chance try to start the webcomic back in 2005, but it just didn't end up working out? How far exactly did you get that first run?


Heh, thanks for the warm welcome, folks :p
To answer that last question, there was a prior Sylvanna comic made back then, though I think Dawn put it on hiatus. I remember getting a black-and-white physical copy of it from her waaaaay back at Anthrocon that same year. I guess this version coming up is a reboot?
User avatar
Aelius
BumbleNewbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:46 pm
Location: GA, USA

Re: SYLVANNA - Pre-launch info

Postby Chordsy » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:49 pm

TheMobian wrote:
Legionfan44 wrote:Interesting, looking forward to it!

Quick Question is this forever an online only thing or would you consider giving it a print version in the distant future? *If its successful that is*

Seriously it looks/sounds AWESOME!!!

The site says that they plan on releasing about 50 pages a year, and that at the end of every year they would like to release a print comic.
So yes, they do plan on getting us some physical copies in the near future.
If we’re successful, Sylvanna will have several multi-page updates throughout the year, and will be collected in a 50+ page print volume at years’ end!


Yes, Mobi, you are correct. :) The biggest reason we're looking for funding is because we want this to be an actual book you can hold in your hands, by the end of the year. The more funding we get, the more book you guys get... and the neater the prizes. That's really the meat 'n potatoes of it!

And hi Aelius! Good to see you here, too!
User avatar
Chordsy
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:42 am
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: SYLVANNA - Pre-launch info

Postby Scourge160 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:55 pm

Chordsy wrote:
TheMobian wrote:
Legionfan44 wrote:Interesting, looking forward to it!

Quick Question is this forever an online only thing or would you consider giving it a print version in the distant future? *If its successful that is*

Seriously it looks/sounds AWESOME!!!

The site says that they plan on releasing about 50 pages a year, and that at the end of every year they would like to release a print comic.
So yes, they do plan on getting us some physical copies in the near future.
If we’re successful, Sylvanna will have several multi-page updates throughout the year, and will be collected in a 50+ page print volume at years’ end!


Yes, Mobi, you are correct. :) The biggest reason we're looking for funding is because we want this to be an actual book you can hold in your hands, by the end of the year. The more funding we get, the more book you guys get... and the neater the prizes. That's really the meat 'n potatoes of it!

And hi Aelius! Good to see you here, too!
Sweet! I WILL for a fact be buying this series if comes to print. Can't wait.
User avatar
Scourge160
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1241
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:29 am
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA

PreviousNext

Return to In Search of Shards - Sylvanna



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron