SYLVANNA - Pre-launch info

Forum dedicated to "Sylvanna" by BumbleKing and Gloryhound Productions

Re: SYLVANNA - Pre-launch info

Postby Illustrious Q » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:26 am

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:I intend to pledge to the Kickstarter with the sole purpose off being able to loom over Ian's shoulder, saying "I'm an investor!"

I'm going to have a top hat and monocle and everything when I do it, too. That's what Wall Street types wear, isn't it?

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

I think the scarier thought would be Dubs as the investor.
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby Tsurugi » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:08 am

comic321 wrote:does this dawn person have a da account?

Yup, just look up Sylvanna on dA and her work will be among the first few results.
Tsurugi
BumbleNoble

Postby Chordsy » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:42 am

Tsurugi wrote:
comic321 wrote:does this dawn person have a da account?

Yup, just look up Sylvanna on dA and her work will be among the first few results.

You'll be happy to know that lots of dawn people have accounts at da. http://dawnbest.deviantart.com is my account, tho. ;)

And thanks, BigIsland -- I have actually done the attracta thing and am just waiting for results. :)
Chordsy
BumbleFan

Postby Daluna13 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:15 am

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:I intend to pledge to the Kickstarter with the sole purpose off being able to loom over Ian's shoulder, saying "I'm an investor!"

I'm going to have a top hat and monocle and everything when I do it, too. That's what Wall Street types wear, isn't it?

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
:shock: I think being here for so long has gotten to you LBD.

Illustrious Q wrote:I think the scarier thought would be Dubs as the investor.

yes quite so
Daluna13
BumbleNoble

Postby Aelius » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:23 pm

Hey all! Congrats on the project, Dawn. I was hoping to see more of this setting for a long time :D
Aelius
BumbleNewbie

Postby FritzyBeat » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:07 pm

Aelius wrote:Hey all! Congrats on the project, Dawn. I was hoping to see more of this setting for a long time :D

Welcome to the forum Aelius!!!
Please leave your sanity at the door, and be sure to watch out for Nerbs. We had Scruffy dust for them a few hours ago, but we always could have missed a few :P
Glad you have you onboard bud :wink:
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

Postby Diablo » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:09 pm

TheMobian wrote:
Aelius wrote:Hey all! Congrats on the project, Dawn. I was hoping to see more of this setting for a long time :D

Please leave your sanity at the door, and be sure to watch out for Nerbs. We had Scruffy dust for them a few hours ago, but we always could have missed a few :P

*pokes his head around the corner*
Do I smell a fresh soul over here? :twisted:
Diablo
BumbleNoble

Postby FritzyBeat » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:15 pm

Diablo wrote:
TheMobian wrote:

Hey, leave the new guy alone! Bad Diablo, bad!
Away with you, back to the pit from whence you came! You will have your chance later :P

In an attempt to keep things from completely derailing, I have a question.
I was looking around the search function for Sylvanna, and found that it had a page on "The Webcomic List". According to that page, it was added in April of 2005, and last updated around the same time.
Chordsy, did you by any chance try to start the webcomic back in 2005, but it just didn't end up working out? How far exactly did you get that first run?
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

Postby Illustrious Q » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:23 pm

TheMobian wrote:
Diablo wrote:
TheMobian wrote:

Away with you, back to the pit from whence you came! You will have your chance later :P

After I am done dealing with him, of course. XD
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby Legionfan44 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:30 pm

Interesting, looking forward to it!

Quick Question is this forever an online only thing or would you consider giving it a print version in the distant future? *If its successful that is*

Seriously it looks/sounds AWESOME!!!
Legionfan44
BumbleKnight

Postby LilacDownDeep » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:20 pm

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Does this include the snobbish posh accent?

And can I be the secretary? /kidding
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby FritzyBeat » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:33 pm

Legionfan44 wrote:Interesting, looking forward to it!

Quick Question is this forever an online only thing or would you consider giving it a print version in the distant future? *If its successful that is*

The site says that they plan on releasing about 50 pages a year, and that at the end of every year they would like to release a print comic.
So yes, they do plan on getting us some physical copies in the near future.
If we’re successful, Sylvanna will have several multi-page updates throughout the year, and will be collected in a 50+ page print volume at years’ end!
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

Postby Aelius » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:10 pm

TheMobian wrote:
Diablo wrote:
TheMobian wrote:

In an attempt to keep things from completely derailing, I have a question.
I was looking around the search function for Sylvanna, and found that it had a page on "The Webcomic List". According to that page, it was added in April of 2005, and last updated around the same time.
Chordsy, did you by any chance try to start the webcomic back in 2005, but it just didn't end up working out? How far exactly did you get that first run?

Heh, thanks for the warm welcome, folks :p
To answer that last question, there was a prior Sylvanna comic made back then, though I think Dawn put it on hiatus. I remember getting a black-and-white physical copy of it from her waaaaay back at Anthrocon that same year. I guess this version coming up is a reboot?
Aelius
BumbleNewbie

Postby Chordsy » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:49 pm

TheMobian wrote:

The site says that they plan on releasing about 50 pages a year, and that at the end of every year they would like to release a print comic.
If we’re successful, Sylvanna will have several multi-page updates throughout the year, and will be collected in a 50+ page print volume at years’ end!

Yes, Mobi, you are correct. :) The biggest reason we're looking for funding is because we want this to be an actual book you can hold in your hands, by the end of the year. The more funding we get, the more book you guys get... and the neater the prizes. That's really the meat 'n potatoes of it!

And hi Aelius! Good to see you here, too!
Chordsy
BumbleFan

Postby Scourge160 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:55 pm

Chordsy wrote:
TheMobian wrote:

Yes, Mobi, you are correct. :) The biggest reason we're looking for funding is because we want this to be an actual book you can hold in your hands, by the end of the year. The more funding we get, the more book you guys get... and the neater the prizes. That's really the meat 'n potatoes of it!

And hi Aelius! Good to see you here, too!
Sweet! I WILL for a fact be buying this series if comes to print. Can't wait.
Scourge160
BumbleNoble

PreviousNext

Return to In Search of Shards - Sylvanna