SYLVANNA - Pre-launch info

Forum dedicated to "Sylvanna" by BumbleKing and Gloryhound Productions

Re: SYLVANNA - Pre-launch info

Postby Striker » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:12 pm

It is to say that it seems... Interesting to say the least but unlike Sonic or Megaman I might not want invest in it till I learn more about it. But I do like the concept so I do wish the best for both of you.
Striker
BumbleClan

Postby Duuz Diz Din » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:19 pm

More Flynn, MORE!!!
Duuz Diz Din
BumbleNoble

Postby Scourge160 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:02 pm

I've been keeping a close eye on the whole pre-production artwork and story for a couple years now. I'm so looking forward to this series!! It really should be amazing with Ian's writing power behind it

Chordsy wrote:Sylvanna was conceived, I'd say, in the 90's when I was but a young'n.

Man, I'm so glad that she can finally make this series possible after technically being in the works for 15 years.
Scourge160
BumbleNoble

Postby Chordsy » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:20 pm

Yowza, what a terrific audience. Thanks once more, everyone. :)

We're really interested in what you all think as the series takes wing (no pun intended), good bad and ugly. While both of us have a pretty solid direction in which this thing's gonna set course to, not being a Sega or Archie product, we're excited to have the ability to really consider reader input along with our own judgement without a corporation looking over our shoulder.

While we don't believe art to be a democracy, we want the best for our story and that has a lot to do with audience we're engaging. We want to build a good community around it so we can avoid screwing it up too terribly for the reader.

...as well as torture them with the occasional "can't believe they did that" scenario, now and again. ;)
Chordsy
BumbleFan

Postby Daluna13 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:57 pm

Chordsy wrote:Yowza, what a terrific audience. Thanks once more, everyone. :)

no problem Dawn :D with your Artwork and Ian's Writing this will be something to behold indeed

...as well as torture them with the occasional "can't believe they did that" scenario, now and again. ;)

I point to the Writer and say that is to be expected, in a good way :wink:
Daluna13
BumbleNoble

Postby Mustachio » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:07 pm

Sounds cool! I might shell out a little cash to help you guys out in time and even more if it's something I really enjoy and you guys are going forward full force with it. Count me as interested.
Mustachio
BumbleClan

Postby Illustrious Q » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:09 pm

Chordsy wrote:
Illustrious Q wrote:
Ian Flynn wrote:So what happens when you take my writing and combine it with Dawn's art and vision?

Dubs?

Ian Flynn wrote:You get Sylvanna.

So close.

. . .

You know, I was gonna guess the same thing???

HA! Oh it's going to be fun getting to know you here Dawn. :)
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby Speedlion » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:17 pm

I think the link in the OP to the website is wrong... while in the OP it's SylvannaOnline.com (which doesn't work for me for some reason (Error 503)), on Ian Flynn's dA, it's gloryhound.info/sylvanna/

Or should typing "SylvannaOnline.com" in your search bar automatically re-direct you to gloryhound (in which case my computer or connection is at fault)?
Speedlion
Honorary BumbleCult

Postby Ian Flynn » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:15 pm

Speedlion wrote:I think the link in the OP to the website is wrong... while in the OP it's SylvannaOnline.com (which doesn't work for me for some reason (Error 503)), on Ian Flynn's dA, it's gloryhound.info/sylvanna/

Or should typing "SylvannaOnline.com" in your search bar automatically re-direct you to gloryhound (in which case my computer or connection is at fault)?

Clicking the link is auto-redirecting me just fine. Anyone else having an issue?
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Nel » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:23 pm

Ian's writing with Dawn's art style. You have my attention. :mrgreen:
Nel
BumbleKnight

Postby Chordsy » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:45 pm

WRT the 503 error, let's all blame GoDaddy (collective "UUuuugh") - I have the domain set on redirect.

http://www.gloryhound.info/sylvanna will be the permanent home until I have funds to support the hosting within the Sylvanna domain. Sorry for the inconvenience. I promise Google will soon pickup the Gloryhound domain as the correct thing, so anyone searching for us will find us, regardless.

TL;DR: How I mine for IP..?
Chordsy
BumbleFan

Postby BigIslandYU2 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:35 pm

Chordsy wrote:WRT the 503 error, let's all blame GoDaddy (collective "UUuuugh") - I have the domain set on redirect.

http://www.gloryhound.info/sylvanna will be the permanent home until I have funds to support the hosting within the Sylvanna domain. Sorry for the inconvenience. I promise Google will soon pickup the Gloryhound domain as the correct thing, so anyone searching for us will find us, regardless.

TL;DR: How I mine for IP..?

It's great to see you hear, Dawn Best! I am so excited about this project, and equally terrified of the draining effect this will have on my already strained funds!

Regarding Google submissions and the like, I've found attracta.com to be an excellent tool for submitting sitemaps to Google, Yahoo!, Bing, and Ask --and the service is free! The literary magazine I run, Wisdom Crieth Without, is the first result on Google for the phrase "wisdom crieth without"; it used to be Proverbs 1:20. All you have to do is fill out information about your site (content, intended demographics, etc.), and then keep submitting it every week or so. It catches on eventually.
BigIslandYU2
BumbleNoble

Postby NxtWaltDisney » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:27 am

does this dawn person have a da account?
NxtWaltDisney
BumbleClan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:14 am

I intend to pledge to the Kickstarter with the sole purpose off being able to loom over Ian's shoulder, saying "I'm an investor!"

I'm going to have a top hat and monocle and everything when I do it, too. That's what Wall Street types wear, isn't it?

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby NxtWaltDisney » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:06 am

add a gray mustache, & you'd be the monopoly guy!
NxtWaltDisney
BumbleClan

PreviousNext

Return to In Search of Shards - Sylvanna