Sylvanna Discussion Thread

Forum dedicated to "Sylvanna" by BumbleKing and Gloryhound Productions

Re: The Mystery Of "Coming Soon"

Postby FritzyBeat » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:38 am

Alright, so far most of us agree on the assumption that its a new comic project from Ian.
I still believe it to be the Sylvanna comic from Ian and Dawn Best, but Speedy also brought up the idea of a new Other M instalment. This has got me to thinking about the other past Bumbleking Comics such as "3B: We Three Kings" and "Ultimate Sonic", and while I doubt Ultimate Sonic would ever make a comeback, I do know that 3B is something Ian has wanted to make a return to at some point in time, whether its in the actual comic or just another fan comic. At the same time, The prospect of this possibly not being a comic and instead being some other form of Bumbleking production is still very real...

There have been a few other ideas tossed around, but does anyone else have any thoughts on what this new and mysterious sub-forum could be?
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

Postby Sir Bert Leaman » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:41 am

The only problem that would arise from any fan fiction-y comics is that Ian has said more than once that there could be legal issues with him doing the official comic and a fan comic. He's gone to lengths to distance himself from his fan works. Also, keep in mind this forum is part of his professional site. If it's got a subforum, chances are it's meant to be something more than a fan project or just for fun.
Sir Bert Leaman
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:01 pm

Guys I think we can say without a shadow of doubt it is absolutely not Sonic/Mega Man/New Crusaders related. Especially since it's from Bumbleking not Archie.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby FritzyBeat » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:51 pm

http://dawnbest.deviantart.com/journal/You-Guys-Ready-for-Some-Sylvanna-346556858#comments
Alright, I'm almost 99% sure its going to be a sub-forum about Sylvanna now.

SonicBlueRanger wrote:Guys I think we can say without a shadow of doubt it is absolutely not Sonic/Mega Man/New Crusaders related. Especially since it's from Bumbleking not Archie.

Well... your sorta correct. Ian could just as well create his own universe again with his own sonic fan characters he created, Thats why I still hold true to the belief that the sub forum will be about Sylvanna. Its not like Ian will be crossing the line in writing for these fan characters, because these are fan characters he helped create with Dawn Best. No one can sue him for using his own characters and ideas, even if their fan characters. (Even then, the way Dawn draws them they really don't look like fan characters).
Sir Bert Leaman wrote:The only problem that would arise from any fan fiction-y comics is that Ian has said more than once that there could be legal issues with him doing the official comic and a fan comic. He's gone to lengths to distance himself from his fan works. Also, keep in mind this forum is part of his professional site. If it's got a subforum, chances are it's meant to be something more than a fan project or just for fun.

See my above answer. These are characters that Ian and Dawn created themselves, no one can sue him for that. And even if he did decide to go full fan character with a comic, they would still be his own creations. And since he'd be working on them outside of his normal job, he can't get in trouble for it.
If being the writer for a big name comic company meant not ever being able to create your own comics separate just for fun, then I certainly wouldn't want to be that writer.
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:42 am

Mobian something tells me you just might be right.

Not sure why I think that though. :wink:
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby FritzyBeat » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:00 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:Mobian something tells me you just might be right.

Not sure why I think that though. :wink:

Haha, I just saw the site go up now, and if you click on the "Community" tab on the site, it says that the forum will be hosted on, and I quote: "the world-famous Bumbleking Forums!" :D
I guess thats it then! I can't wait to see the Sylvanna sub-forum up and running soon! :)
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

Postby Dejimon11 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:48 pm

To be honest i thought the "coming soon" thing was the mobians fan comic coming to life
Dejimon11
BumbleNoble

Postby FritzyBeat » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:49 pm

Dejimon11 wrote:To be honest i thought the "coming soon" thing was the mobians fan comic coming to life

What fan comic do you mean Deji?
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

Postby Tsurugi » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:54 pm

I think he means the comic you're working on with Speedlion, based on "A Plan to Save the BumbleKingdom"
Tsurugi
BumbleNoble

Postby Sir Bert Leaman » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:47 pm

TheMobian wrote:
Sir Bert Leaman wrote:The only problem that would arise from any fan fiction-y comics is that Ian has said more than once that there could be legal issues with him doing the official comic and a fan comic. He's gone to lengths to distance himself from his fan works. Also, keep in mind this forum is part of his professional site. If it's got a subforum, chances are it's meant to be something more than a fan project or just for fun.

See my above answer. These are characters that Ian and Dawn created themselves, no one can sue him for that. And even if he did decide to go full fan character with a comic, they would still be his own creations. And since he'd be working on them outside of his normal job, he can't get in trouble for it.
If being the writer for a big name comic company meant not ever being able to create your own comics separate just for fun, then I certainly wouldn't want to be that writer.

I was referring specifically to the three fan comics you mentioned. I'm assuming they all used licensed characters and concepts and even being a fan work could cause Ian trouble. If this 'Sylvanna' thing started as a fan work, you won't be seeing any of the parts that originated with the source material. Certainly, you can do your own projects outside of whatever comic label you worked for but not with company property.
Sir Bert Leaman
BumbleNoble

Postby Chordsy » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:32 pm

I think it's a space helicopter!

=)
Chordsy
BumbleFan

Postby The Shadow Emperor » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:53 pm

Well, with the newly renamed subforum we know what it is now...now if only we could view it.

I guess Ian forgot to make the forum viewable like with Red Circle.
The Shadow Emperor

Postby Daluna13 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:56 pm

don't worry i sent him a pm and posted on his twitter announcement so hopefully hill see it
Daluna13
BumbleNoble

Postby Tsurugi » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:29 pm

So, since the mystery is revealed, shall we lock this thread?
Tsurugi
BumbleNoble

Postby FritzyBeat » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:52 pm

Chordsy wrote:I think it's a space helicopter!

=)

I'd be down with that :P
Tsurugi wrote:So, since the mystery is revealed, shall we lock this thread?

Why? Theres still some (sorta) relative discussion going on in this thread. Besides, when theres nothing left to talk about, people will stop posting in it, and the thread will die off into the background just like all the other threads.
No need to lock something thats already running its natural course (or, thats what I think anyway).
Tsurugi wrote:I think he means the comic you're working on with Speedlion, based on "A Plan to Save the BumbleKingdom"

Oh, haha, thanks Deij! :) But thats just a comic being worked on by me and a bunch of the Bumblestory writers, nothing I think Ian himself would get involved in :P
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

PreviousNext

Return to In Search of Shards - Sylvanna