BKC Forum - Death Throes

Information Hub. MANDATORY READING WITHIN!
Rules, FAQs and More

Re: BKC Forum - Death Throes

Postby theJcfreak » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:20 am

Thanks Sunwalker oh honorable one! I'll probably grab that here in the next couple days, there's a few threads I wouldn't mind having for posterity's sake.
theJcfreak
BumbleChosen

Postby Sunwalker » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:19 am

theJcfreak wrote:Thanks Sunwalker oh honorable one! I'll probably grab that here in the next couple days, there's a few threads I wouldn't mind having for posterity's sake.

You are welcome, oh Chosen One :D

By the way. Since the download link already went to the previous page (it was the last post of page 7 (hearty laughter)), I am posting it again:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6lh1atam3ble290/cmRqXKbv3Z
(for more info about the files, see my previous post)
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored

Postby apprentice manta » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:53 am

Wow, thanks Sunwalker. It was awesome of you to do this.
apprentice manta
BumbleNoble

Postby theJcfreak » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:31 pm

BKC acquired! Mainly just wanted the images but happy to see all the Ask Ian transcripts and audio files in here too. Plus Script Bits. Plus old Ask Ian chat logs from before my time here. There'll be plenty of good stuff to peruse in my spare time. Thanks again Sunwalker!
theJcfreak
BumbleChosen

Postby Scruffy » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:52 pm

Sunwalker wrote:
theJcfreak wrote:Thanks Sunwalker oh honorable one! I'll probably grab that here in the next couple days, there's a few threads I wouldn't mind having for posterity's sake.

You are welcome, oh Chosen One :D

By the way. Since the download link already went to the previous page (it was the last post of page 7 (hearty laughter)), I am posting it again:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6lh1atam3ble290/cmRqXKbv3Z
(for more info about the files, see my previous post)

Ian, would it be prudent to update the OP with Sunwalker's fine work, to make it easy and convenient to find as the page count marches on? :)
Scruffy
BumbleClan

Postby Ian Flynn » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:14 pm

Scruffy wrote:Ian, would it be prudent to update the OP with Sunwalker's fine work, to make it easy and convenient to find as the page count marches on? :)

It would at that. Updated!
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby TheFatPanda » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:03 am

Question: wouldn't that back-up need to be constantly updated so that we don't lose anything that had been posted since the back-up was made?
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby NiTROACTiVE » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:38 am

TheFatPanda wrote:Question: wouldn't that back-up need to be constantly updated so that we don't lose anything that had been posted since the back-up was made?

Yeah, I was thinking about that too. I'm not sure if Sunwalker can have it update occasionally like you said or not.
NiTROACTiVE
BumbleClan

Postby theJcfreak » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:33 am

Sunwalker wrote:One more thing. I plan to update the backup each 6 months or one year.

Quoted from the post with the download link. Updating it more often than that would likely take way too much time not to mention server load.
theJcfreak
BumbleChosen

Postby NiTROACTiVE » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:03 pm

theJcfreak wrote:
Sunwalker wrote:One more thing. I plan to update the backup each 6 months or one year.

Quoted from the post with the download link. Updating it more often than that would likely take way too much time not to mention server load.

OK then, but what if the forum crashes before six to twelve months pass? Then all of the posts made after the backup will disappear for good.
NiTROACTiVE
BumbleClan

Postby Ian Flynn » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:52 pm

At this point, folks should be backing up their own stuff. Sunwalker has done the bulk of the work to catch up on lost time, but we can't expect him to do everything for everyone.

Folks should be maintaining their stuff for the foreseeable future.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:21 pm

What if we don't know how to do that?
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby theJcfreak » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:42 pm

Just hit printscreen for any posts you want to save, open in paint and save as an image. If there's any images you want to save, right click and hit 'save as' or the equivalent of that.
theJcfreak
BumbleChosen

Postby Sunwalker » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:09 pm

I can try to update my backup more frequently (like each one month or two). I already tweaked the settingsin order to make the backup to work smoothly, and I can skip already saved content. So it should take A LOT less to complete. I most likely will not reupload the backup every time it is updated, since it take a while to upload. But I will keep it with me in case it is needed and I will upload once in a while.

Regardless, as Ian said, to be safe it would be fine each one keeping a copy of his/her important content (fanart, fanfiction etc.). Adding to what theJcfreak said right above, you can just copy and paste it to Word, Wordpad or a similar program. If you use Google Chrome you can convert a Web page to PDF (choose to print the page, Ctrl+P , then select "Save as PDF" in the printer selection).

Best regards!
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored

Postby FritzyBeat » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:23 am

Sunwalker wrote:Now I leave you guys with a very thought provoking image from the backed up content:
Spoiler: show
hc099.jpg

Best regards!

Oh sweet aurora he even backed up the images! He knows EVERYTHING @_@

I give SunWalker at least six days before he discovers something that will cause him to go into cardiac arrest. *shot* :P

But in all honesty thanks SunWalker for going to all this trouble. =)

~FritzyBeat
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

PreviousNext

Return to BumbleKnowledgebase