Ace Attorney

The general forum for talk about all things BumbleKingy!

Re: Ace Attorney

Postby CaleTheCat » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:54 pm

Hmmm... I suppose this will de-rail thread a bit, but speaking of Mario comics...
CaleTheCat
BumbleClan

Postby GameBuddy » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:57 pm

megamanmonthly wrote:Ace Attorney is kid-friendly

GameBuddy
BumbleCult

Postby Tsurugi » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:16 pm

That's something never I understood to be honest. :|
In PEGI ratings, the original game was 7+, the games afterward up to Apollo Justice and Investigations were 12,
and now the newest is 16. I understand that murder trials aren't exactly something kid-friendly, that's a definite, but the overall tone of the series hasn't really changed that much.
Tsurugi
BumbleNoble

Postby GameBuddy » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:22 pm

They were always 13+ in the states until this one. I imagine it may have something to do with the
Spoiler: show
bombing plot.
GameBuddy
BumbleCult

Postby SakraTheHedgie » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:02 pm

Not to mention, especially in case 5, there's disturbing imagery.

..Veeeeery disturbing imagery...
SakraTheHedgie
BumbleKnight

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:16 pm

I never realized Ace Attorney was less-than-kid-friendly.

If these games are scoring M ratings, then I think that pretty much rules the series out for Archie.
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby ReifuTD » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:41 pm

I've been woundering about that? Why the heck let the lastest game get published with an M rating when the series been Teen. Shouldn't they bend over backward to keep it at Teen so they make more money?
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Dejimon11 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:10 pm

megamanmonthly wrote:
Or, do you mean something that would be licensed to the western market and created from scratch? (And not something from the Japanese market to be localized.) In which case, yeah... they don't really do that anymore.

But, I can't help but think that Archie has the track-record to show that they're different.

Pretty much what gamebuddy said. As for Archie's track-record for video game tittles its been pretty good so far

Sonic- 20 years

NiGHTS-six issues which is understandable considering the fact that is a very obscure franchise (are these ever going to be re released in a graphic novel?)

Mega Man- Almost 3 years

They tried getting other video games to license back in 2009 that's how they got Mega Man

megamanmonthly wrote:I never realized Ace Attorney was less-than-kid-friendly.

If these games are scoring M ratings, then I think that pretty much rules the series out for Archie.

Um New Crusaders and Afterlife with Archie would like to have a word with you.
Dejimon11
BumbleNoble

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:43 pm

Dejimon11 wrote:
megamanmonthly wrote:I never realized Ace Attorney was less-than-kid-friendly.

Um New Crusaders and Afterlife with Archie would like to have a word with you.

True. But... Any video-game adaptations are going to ride off the coattails of the current ones, at least to build momentum... And the video-game adaptations we have are kid-friendly... So what does Ace Attorney ride off of? Or really... any non-kid-friendly game adaptation?
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby ReifuTD » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:51 pm

I would say Ace Attorney is the same as Law and Order. In Law and Order theres allways that opening scene were they show the dead body with the blood around it. They can show Law and Order any time in the day and I beleive it's rated PG-13.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:34 am

The reason I heard AA got an M this time out is the 3D graphics. Not the stereoscopic 3D, but the fully-rendered (and thus, I guess, "more realistic") character models.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Tsurugi » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:31 am

Figures :roll: . By the way, for those playing Duel Destinies, what are your thoughts on the voice acting in the game? Do you think the voice suit the characters?
Tsurugi
BumbleNoble

Postby SakraTheHedgie » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:29 am

...I really don't like the voice acting in this game.

During a...certain part, you get to hear both Nick and Apollo's "Objections!" back-to-back. I swear it was the same voice clip. They barely sounded different. Wendee Lee kinda fits as Athena, though...But that's pretty much all that fits. The Judge doesn't sound that bad, either.

But I thought the voice-acting was really hammy, and it was kind of weird to listen to. There were some moments that I thought it was pretty good, but overall it was pretty bad.

In other news, this game is one big Fire Emblem: Awakening Voice-Actor reunion. Sam Riegel, Orion Acaba, Wendee Lee, Kyle Herbert, and Yuri Lowenthal all had at least one role in FE:A and DD. I thought it was cool...
SakraTheHedgie
BumbleKnight

Postby GameBuddy » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:12 pm

I really don't see how it's objectively bad in any way, especially with the fully animated cutscenes. Phoenix and Apollo are both young male protagonists, but their speaking voices are distinct enough for the characters. The voices are different from the in-office English recordings of the first few games, but Reigel has been Feenie since UMvC3.
GameBuddy
BumbleCult

Postby Ryu The Weredragon » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:40 pm

I've seen a full playthrough of the game (I don't have Wi-Fi access so I had no way of downloading the game), and I thought the voices were fine.

The choice of Wendee Lee for Athena was perfect, especially considering the Ace Attorney reference in that one episode of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Ace Attorney fans should know the one.
Ryu The Weredragon
BumbleKnight

PreviousNext

Return to The BumbleKourt